Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Before covid-19 started, it may have been common in some places at school for middle school or high school girls to encounter long bathroom lines during passing time between classes (with only 4 or 5 minutes between classes, and you can't be late and can't use the bathroom during class without some type of consequence).  I've made some scenarios in the past, but I wanted to post a chart of an example of what might happen in a possible scenario and see what you think.

General guidelines are as follows:

1)  5 minutes between classes, 50 minute class periods (6 or 7 of them per day with lunch typically between fourth and fifth periods), and 3 stalls in each girls bathroom (of which there are say 3 of in the building).

2)  All the girls in this scenario are  between grades 9 and 12.

3)  It takes each girl a minimum of 1 minute to pee (maybe longer if they are desperate).  The chart below indicates many girls will need longer since they are so desparate.This means that in a 5 minute passing time, each stall can probably be used by 4  girls max, and with 3 stalls, that means only 12 girls get to use a stall before the tardy bell for class rings, and even some of them may be late (oh, we could let more girls use the stalls after the bell rings, but there will probably be consequences).    And this doesn't take into account time needed to wash and dry hands and still get to class (that probably will take at least another minute or two on average).  And make no mistake about it, this pandemic emphasizes the need for good hand washing, so they can't really skip that part.  While doing #2 is possible, let’s assume only #1 for this scenario.

4)  The first 3 girls are seniors, the next 3 are juniors, the next 3 are sophomores, and the remaining girls in line are all freshmen (just to make it more interesting and unfair).

5) Each girl is wearing either light blue jeans or blue jean shorts, so if they pee their pants, it will be noticeable to others unless they somehow are able to clean themselves up. Also, none of them have a spare set of clothes to change into

6)  Cutting in line is not allowed, regardless of desperation.  Peeing in a water bottle, sink, trash can, floor, desk, or chair is not alllowed either.

7) Any girl that is late for any reason (long bathroom line is not a valid excuse unless one or more of the toilets are stopped up, which we will assume is not the case) will face a one-hour afte school detention to be served the next day, and their parents will have to sign the form (and the detention will say reason is "tardy to class" or something like that)

Here's the chart of the scenario. All times are in seconds related to when previous class ended unless noted otherwise.  Any girl with a desperation of 90 or more is about to pee her pants within the next 5 minutes or so, and probably needs at least a minute and a half to pee.  Please look through it and post any thoughts down below:

Name

Arrival Time

Number ahead in Line (as of arrival time)

Desperation (scale of 0 to 100)

Next available stall time/enter stall time

Wait time

Stall use time

Exit stall time

Heather

Michele

Heidi

Stephanie

Tiffany

Tina

Angie

Brandy

Courtney

Danielle

Caitlin

Elizabeth

Jennifer

Jessica

Laura

Edited by DesperateQueue (see edit history)

Perhaps I should clarify with an example since ther are no responses yet.  Suppose this scenario happens in the 5 minute passing time between third and fourth periods.  Let's take a look at Elizabeth on that list.  She gets to the restroom at the 2 minute mark (120 seconds), and short of actually leaking in her pants, she is about as desperate to pee as you can get, but if she doesn't get to a toilet quickly, she will pee her pants.  Unfortunately for her, all stalls are occupied and there are 5 girls ahead of her in line for 3 toilets, and she only has 3 minutes to wait in line, pee, and get to class.  Anyway, she waits in line for over 2 1/2 minutes and doesn't get to a stall until less than 30 seconds before class starts, but even though she'll get some type of punishment for being late, she has no choice but to pee and be late because of how desperate she is.  After about a minute and a half, she exits the stall already over a minute late for class, and that doesn't take into account time to wash and dry hands plus head to class.  My question is, what is going on in her own mind in this scenario?

2 hours ago, Babedut123 said:

Its still pretty unclear, so I don’t know if this is what you mean. 

“The 3 last in the line starts considering making a run for the boys room”

No, what I meant is that the last 6 girls in the line were all freshmen, after 3 seniors, 3 juniors, and 3 sophomore.   The last 3 in the line are pretty much at their breaking point.  I guess they could consider making a run for the boys bathroom, but that wasn’t the intention of my post.  It probably wouldn’t help though because the boys bathroom is probably mostly urinals and only 1 or 2 stalls.   Trying to find another bathroom with a shorter line probably won’t help either, because it’s not exactly on the way to class.   The last three girls could wait their turn, but they will be at least a couple minutes late as a result.  Any other questions?

16 hours ago, Bf1fan said:

I don’t get it, are we supposed to make a story with this or?

Perhaps, I didn't make myself clear enough, so let's try this again.  I outlined roughly what would happen with each girl as they waited in line to pee, because they are pretty much all pretty desperate to pee (at least the last few girls in line are).  That in itself is torture, yet at the same time, they can't be late or use the bathroom during class without some consequence.  So given the scenarios, if you were on of those girls (you can pick a random one, or you can just say in general for all the girls), what would you suggest they do in that scenario?  The story of the line situation is already there, but as far as what to do beyond this point is up to you to decide.  They could choose to give up and hope for better luck next period, but it is more likely given their desperation that they'll pee and be late, and it's at that point when potential questions and consequences are given for you to decide what the girls in question should say or do.

2 hours ago, Babedut123 said:

Im still confused, are we writing the story or choosing parts that you include in a story you write?  

I had presented various facts about what to expect in a given scenario.  Choose one (or more) girls given the information presented, and write your own scenario of what she is thinking and going through in that scenario.  I want to add the scenarios to a "master story" later on.  Although all these girls will be in the line, it probably works best if you stick to one specific girl, and describe her thoughts while waiting in line, while peeing, and what she is she says when asked why she’s late.  It is somewhat flexible and up to you to decide, but remember that line cutting is not allowed, and neither is peeing on the floor, trash can, water bottle, sink, chair, desk etc.  Somehow, each girl will make wait in line and pee without an accident (with some close calls in the process) , but some will be late and face consequences.  So pick a girl (like Elizabeth for example) and go through 1) her thoughts in the line  2) her thoughts while peeing (such as if she is peeing when the tardy bell rings, for example) and 3) her thoughts when she arrives late to class because of the bathroom line.  

Once I get a certain number of scenarios, I plan to choose my favorite scenarios, and make a bigger story involving as many different girls as possible.

In case it's still unclear, I will demonstrate with an example:

Let's say that I choose to be Caitlin in this example.  Given the table up above, you can see that she is about to pee her pants, but there is a line of 4 girls ahead of her, plus the 3 girls in the stall. Unfortunately, she is unable to get into a stall until there is less than a minute before class starts (so she's waiting in line for over 2 minutes, while getting more desperate by the second).  So she is still peeing when the late bell rings, and is late to class.  So her various thoughts might be:  1) This ain't fair, I'm about to pee myself and there is a line of 4 girls ahead of me  2) at least I made it to a stall without peeing myself, but now I'm going to be late.  3) I was late because the bathroom line was too long and I really had to go.