Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

OK SO

so in big bill hell's, there's a challenge called "challenge pissing" where the challenge is that, and I quote, "if you piss 6 feet in the air, straight up, and not get wet, you get no down payments". I wanted to know if this was possible!

Well, for one, the "not get wet" part is probably the one that shocks you the most at first, but frankly, once you've achieved the 6 feet thing, it should be easy. For the sake of our argument, we're going to assume that "Piss straight up" means that the individual piss drrrrrropllllets travel straight up, not moving side to side nearly at all, even if you are moving yourself. Therefore, if you constantly walk, you should be able to outrun your own pee stream as it forms an elegant parabola.

Of course, that's easier for people assigned male at birth, since they often have penises. If you're AFAB, you're gonna have to handstand, so uhh, go take some gymnastics classes.

But now to the actual math. To make things easier, I'm going to assume that this means 6 feet from the current height of the pee-hole at any given time.
since acceleration due to gravity is approx. -10 m/s, the final velocity is 0, and the change in height is 2 meters (~6 feet), we can use the equation vf^2 = v1^2 + 2aΔx, which gives the vertical velocity of approx. 6.32 m/s.

Now, compare this to the average velocity of a pee stream. To ensure we get the fastest rate, we're going to combine the fastest flow rate that google says was reasonable (21 mL/s) with the narrowest urethra google says is reasonable (6 mm in diameter on average). (The narrower the pipe, the faster the liquid inside the pipe flows. Think about how when you squish a roll of play-doh, it gets longer? Same principle)

with this, we can find that this produces a spectacularly fast flow velocity of... 0.19 m/s. Pitiful. The only reason it looks faster is because, when you are normally standing up when you pee, you pee downwards- therefore, your pee is accelerated by gravity. (Though, other than that, that number still feels wrong?)

Unless your pelvic floor muscles are positively hulkish, you're not passing Challenge Pissing.

I am very depressed.