Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

People are talking about NNN - are you planning on making November a special omo month?

Whether NNN is directly or indirectly connected to incel culture is irrelevant, because either way, No Nut November is objectively a bad idea.

Psychologically, regular masturbation and ejaculation are good for stress relief, the relief of sexual tension, release beneficial neurotransmitters which help improve mood, aid in the regulation of sex hormones and other bodily functions, and as mentioned earlier, reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Abstinence from masturbation in a person who usually does so (No Nut November is presented as a "challenge", so presumably participants are regular masturbators) has been correlated with an increase in cortisol levels in the body, which increases stress and anxiety, and may also be linked to an increase of depressive symptoms.

Many people cite NNN as a way to weed out and ween off of habitual masturbation in lieu of other past times. However, if an individual is masturbating to the point of exclusion from any other form of entertainment, activity, or hobby, that sounds much more like a deep-set addiction, and isn't going to be cured by a month of abstinence (which a real addict would likely be unable and unwilling to participate in). In addition, a failure to complete NNN in a person with healthy masturbation habits is not an indication of addiction, so NNN is not an effective measure to expose true addictive behavior.

Furthermore, while No Nut November's exact rules are unclear and unregulated (as it is an informal challenge and would be impossible to regulate without extensive invasion of privacy anyway), the exact wording of the "challenge" seems to prohibit ejaculation of any kind, which I would imagine includes sex with a partner. Having been in a very sexually active relationship at the time this challenge rolled around last year, I can tell you how impossible that would have been to carry out even if I wanted to at the time. I'd like to say I don't think people would be dumb enough to add unnecessary strain to their relationships and potentially put them in jeopardy over a silly internet challenge, but let's be real here, people would and probably have.

TL;DR - NNN is a terrible idea, unhealthy on all fronts, accomplishes exactly 0 of its intended goals, and is just really dumb and stupid. Sorry for the ramble, I feel very passionate about the stupidity that is NNN and hearing people talk about it unironically is frustrating. Luckily most of us seem to be on the "yeah it's dumb" side of things. My plans for November are to continue practicing healthy habits, including regular masturbation.

29 minutes ago, Railgun-sama said:

Whether NNN is directly or indirectly connected to incel culture is irrelevant, because either way, No Nut November is objectively a bad idea.

Psychologically, regular masturbation and ejaculation are good for stress relief, the relief of sexual tension, release beneficial neurotransmitters which help improve mood, aid in the regulation of sex hormones and other bodily functions, and as mentioned earlier, reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Abstinence from masturbation in a person who usually does so (No Nut November is presented as a "challenge", so presumably participants are regular masturbators) has been correlated with an increase in cortisol levels in the body, which increases stress and anxiety, and may also be linked to an increase of depressive symptoms.

Many people cite NNN as a way to weed out and ween off of habitual masturbation in lieu of other past times. However, if an individual is masturbating to the point of exclusion from any other form of entertainment, activity, or hobby, that sounds much more like a deep-set addiction, and isn't going to be cured by a month of abstinence (which a real addict would likely be unable and unwilling to participate in). In addition, a failure to complete NNN in a person with healthy masturbation habits is not an indication of addiction, so NNN is not an effective measure to expose true addictive behavior.

Furthermore, while No Nut November's exact rules are unclear and unregulated (as it is an informal challenge and would be impossible to regulate without extensive invasion of privacy anyway), the exact wording of the "challenge" seems to prohibit ejaculation of any kind, which I would imagine includes sex with a partner. Having been in a very sexually active relationship at the time this challenge rolled around last year, I can tell you how impossible that would have been to carry out even if I wanted to at the time. I'd like to say I don't think people would be dumb enough to add unnecessary strain to their relationships and potentially put them in jeopardy over a silly internet challenge, but let's be real here, people would and probably have.

TL;DR - NNN is a terrible idea, unhealthy on all fronts, accomplishes exactly 0 of its intended goals, and is just really dumb and stupid. Sorry for the ramble, I feel very passionate about the stupidity that is NNN and hearing people talk about it unironically is frustrating. Luckily most of us seem to be on the "yeah it's dumb" side of things. My plans for November are to continue practicing healthy habits, including regular masturbation.

If anything we should institute Numerous Nut November. Fight the power.

• 2 weeks later...