Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Do your kidneys hurt when you drink much water and hold your pee?

I have a "problem" and don't know if you have experienced the same thing. 

Yes, my kidneys are healthy, I've had them checked and they seem to be perfectly fine. No pain, no issues, no odd sensation there. 

My kidneys also don't hurt when I drink tons of water. 

My kidneys also don't hurt when I hold my pee for an entire day until I'm really desperate. 

ONLY in the combination of "huge amounts of water" + "holding it as long as I can", they start hurting a little bit. After going to the bathroom, the pain becomes terrible and I can't move for a few minutes. 

I've stopped doing this because I don't want to damage my body, but am I the only one? Are your kidneys fine after drinking and holding almost 1 litre of water in less than 10 minutes? 

They only hurt when I hold a huge volume of pee for a very long period and then keep drinking even if there's no more room in my bladder. I read this may be due to a backwards flow of urine from the bladder (because it's completely full) to the kidneys. In my case the pain is not severe, just mild, but I read it is harmful 😖

Edited by bladderxplode (see edit history)
1 hour ago, bladderxplode said:

They only hurt when I hold a huge volume of pee for a very long period and then keep drinking even if there's no more room in my bladder. I read this may be due to a backwards flow of urine from the bladder (because it's completely full) to the kidneys. In my case the pain is not severe, just mild, but I read it is harmful 😖

I've had that happening to me few times before. My sphincters are too strong to simply have an accident, so when I pushed myself a little too far in holding and not letting it out, I experienced some dull kidney pain. It meant that it's time to give up and pee even if I didn't want to end hold, because I didn't want to gamble with kidney damage.

Significant kidney pain is a warning and you should go pee!  If you have very strong control you could, indeed, cause some damage if you ignore the pain.  Most of us either pee involuntarily or let it go when the discomfort is too great.  From your description, it appears that your kidney pain only happens when they are hit with a dramatic amount of liquid to process, and possibly you are holding your bladder beyond the usual "desperation".  

4 hours ago, Despguy123 said:

I've never had kidney pain from drinking or holding. 1 litre of water seems like a lot to drink in just 10 minutes. When I'm deliberately drinking a lot in order to fill my bladder, I drink around a pint (570ml) of water every 30 minutes and also drink large mugs of tea (maybe one mug per hour).

I was just guessing, I don't think I'm able to drink 1l in 10 minutes, but it's a lot. I have to drink as quickly as possible because my bladder is too weak to hold large amounts for a long time. 

When I suffered my spinal cord injury I lost the ability to urinate for 5 1/2 weeks. Urine was drained by use of a catheter. I could still feel a full bladder. I was warned if I had a full “GET THE URINE OUT” ASAP. The reason given was that urine would back up into my kidneys and damage them. 
From that, if you feel pain in your kidneys get the urine out ASAP unless you don’t mind spending the rest of your life spending 3 days a week doing kidney dialysis. Please note that people live normally with only one kidney or even a part of one normal kidney.

20 hours ago, scinosensation said:

When I suffered my spinal cord injury I lost the ability to urinate for 5 1/2 weeks. Urine was drained by use of a catheter. I could still feel a full bladder. I was warned if I had a full “GET THE URINE OUT” ASAP. The reason given was that urine would back up into my kidneys and damage them. 
From that, if you feel pain in your kidneys get the urine out ASAP unless you don’t mind spending the rest of your life spending 3 days a week doing kidney dialysis. Please note that people live normally with only one kidney or even a part of one normal kidney.

Ooh, that's scary. Don't worry, I won't do it again. Pain is always a bad sign. 

Have you been consuming foods with salt or drinks with electrolytes during holds? It's important when drinking a lot of water very fast. There's some scientific reasons behind it but the jist is that when you drink water too fast it flushes those things out and you need to consume more to rebalance them, otherwise it could cause severe kidney problems.

• 1 month later...

YES!! I don't hold my pee very often since I get turned on by others being desperate and I definitely never hold my pee on purpose or for pleasure. I actually quite dislike it- However, when I'm too lazy or just having fun on my computer I will hold my pee for hours without even realising it. I do do a "pee dance" in front of the toilet sometimes when I lose track of time. No Biggie, right? But I will very often go pass that "desperation" point without even knowing. I get this INTENSE back pain that I can only assume are my kidneys yelling at me and it is actually quite painful-no joke or exaggeration. I don't even feel like I have to pee- I know what's going on and I know what I have to do, but only because of the intense back pain I get. When I finally pee it comes out VERY VERY SLOWLY with an incredibly thin stream that lasts for a long time- it's ike I'm pushing myself to do something my body doesn't want. But unlike your situation, the pain goes away after I pee- so I find it strange that you only get kidney pain right after you pee.

I wonder how much it would take for me to wet myself or if I'd die first.

And in case you were wondering. No, I do not have any kidney problems, thank God.

Edited by CaptainBelle (see edit history)
  • 4 months later...

I'm glad there was already a thread on this as its basically what I'm looking for. I've been periodically enjoying a hold for the last several years and its become something I do more often with the growth of my omorashi fetish. I never had issues with bladder or kidney pain until this last time earlier this week. I was holding and decided that I wanted to really push myself and held it through a wave of spasms that would normally make me leak. It seems that was my moment of taking it too far because I noticed some difficulty letting it all out at once immediately after. Having my kidneys feel, a bit warm I guess, or like you just worked out a muscle really hard. Not acute pain, just mild discomfort. Well over the course of this week it hasn't gotten worse, but this feeling of "soreness" has certainly persisted albeit mildly. There is no blood in my urine, its lighter or darker depending on the fluids I've been drinking. I have no reason to believe my kidneys are not functioning properly and I am otherwise healthy. But I can feel that they are still...strained? I guess? I don't know what to call it, but I have not held at all since then and I do not plan to hold for a while because of this. I'm sure I will again one day but not push myself to the extreme that I did this week.

What I'm wondering more than anything is if other people are familiar with what I'm trying to describe and how long this "soreness" persisted after the initial holding encounter? I held on monday night, it is now friday afternoon.

Yup! I don't usually hold my pee on purpose or even drink that much. Holding never turned me on or interested me. But I can go hours without peeing- I don't do any cute "pee-pee dance" or anything of the sort- but my back (kidneys) really really starts to hurt after a few hours of being too lazy to stand up- I don't even feel like I'm bursting or about to leak or anything, and when I finally go pee the stream is incredibly weak and thin, and it takes a long time to empty my bladder. 

PS: My kidneys are healthy as well

I do get kidney pain when I've been holding it too long, this only happens when I genuinely have no way to relieve myself because my bladder won't relax and empty. It's just frightening to me and really hurts. It makes me wish so much I could just pee in public easily like other people, or that I could even at least wet myself to make the pain stop. When I hold on purpose I stop long before that happens. 

Yeah, I just found this thread while I was kind of experiencing kidney pain.  I have a bladder of iron and can hold it far beyond the point of desperation.  When I hold and drink water a bunch, my sides become a bit tender and my body will spasm.  At this point, I either need to pee or it will continue to really hurt to the point where it isn't fun.  I COULD try to relieve myself in my pants, but at that point, it's unlikely that it will be easily contained and at that point, I would rather just use the toilet.  At least when doing this sort of big hold and partial evac (I had one of those a few minutes ago) another moment of desperation is hopefully right around the corner.

Also, when I did relieve myself in the toilet earlier, I did try to start and stop a bunch to try to help me to lose a little control... hopefully.