Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

If goodnites were made for ABDL's...

Hey guys/gals,

ABDL here since I was 8. I'm an entrepreneur whos created and sold a business (low six figures). 

I've always wondered why no one has created goodnites for ABDL's and when talking with some suppliers in China who make all the top brands for ABDL's disposable diapers. It seems like the issue is 1: You need it designed 2: there is HIGH minimum order qty's. Think $50,000 USD to create it.

Once my business makes me enough money I'd really love to serve the community that is near and dear to my heart which is ABDL's. And whatever the cost. Figure this out for us.

Is there anyone who actually doesn't care for a goodnites version for ABDL's? I'm thinking a fusion of abuniverse diapers and goodnites somehow.

I think the economics excuse is weak because people would pay exorbitant prices initially for the novelty.  The intial development of the product could be covered with 10-12 pullups going for at least $40 USD.  Roll out a limited size offering of M,L,XL and expand the selection as the demand becomes clear.

I have seen the abdl diaper market going from non-existent to premium diapers selling for $4 to $6 USD apiece when the most expensive medical diapers before were half that price.  I never would have believed the selection that is available now when I first started buying Attends/Depends at KMart in the 90s and I would gladly pay more for the chance to wear a cute pullup.

How about an abdl backed Kickstart?  I'd help support a serious effort.

On 10/7/2020 at 3:37 PM, girliegirl765 said:

1. There's no minimum number of bananas. Around 2-3 seems to be a good "amount" to get the sensations, but if your butt is able to hold more, have at it. 

2. Honestly, the bananas get *pretty* mushy even in the insertion process. You need to get them inside your ass, but that's really the only thing required. (Feel free to put a banana piece into your mouth and press down on it with your tongue, hold it into your mouth for five/10/15/etc. minutes and see how mushy it becomes. That's essentially what your butt is doing too.)

3. Marshmallows cause urgency. Bananas don't. If you don't want the "need to go" sensation to start mid-banana, you can do it afterwards. I generally do it beforehand just so it has some "matter" to "push behind" and cause something a bit more "explosive".

4. It feels like you need to poop - urgently if you're adding the marshmallows. It shouldn't be painful. It should be usual-level of uncomfortable. 

5. Wait, why the fuck are the bananas frozen? WHAT? I have NEVER used frozen ones and never would. Holy holy those would hurt. They get smushy during insertion, but they're all going to get smushy and messy afterwards anyway, so this is not really thing you wanna do if you're not into things that are messy. (Cutting the bananas in half, inserting them pointy-side-in tends to make them easier to get in. Stretching anally with toys ahead of time also makes it way easier.)

6. Yep, it can be a "true loss of control" - but again, in the same way that really-bad stomach things can be uncontrollable with certain kinds. 

I would love some scaled up Goodnites!

It seems like nearly every adult pull-up has all that extra thin material around the waist that has no padding in it and there aren't any with cute graphics. Goodnites padding pretty much runs all the way from the front waistline to the rear waistline. If it's possible to maintain that on a scaled up version and throw in the cute graphics and I'm sold. I definitely prefer diapers, but sometimes the convenience of pull-ups comes in handy and can be fun too!

On 10/29/2020 at 12:29 AM, lordvolrathg said:

Hey guys/gals,

ABDL here since I was 8. I'm an entrepreneur whos created and sold a business (low six figures). 

I've always wondered why no one has created goodnites for ABDL's and when talking with some suppliers in China who make all the top brands for ABDL's disposable diapers. It seems like the issue is 1: You need it designed 2: there is HIGH minimum order qty's. Think $50,000 USD to create it.

Once my business makes me enough money I'd really love to serve the community that is near and dear to my heart which is ABDL's. And whatever the cost. Figure this out for us.

Is there anyone who actually doesn't care for a goodnites version for ABDL's? I'm thinking a fusion of abuniverse diapers and goodnites somehow.

I believe the main hurdle is r&d adult pull on disposables haven't actually advanced all that much in the past ten years or so, since most abdl brands pursue a certain minimum standard of quality and capacity my guess would be that the issue lies with either the waistband or the leak guards. in engineering (and in nature) your tolerances can change rapidly whenever you reach certain thresholds I suspect that there what might be good enough at one threshold might be woefully inadequate at another, the most common way this gets circumvented is to change the material used, which means getting material scientists involved to develop something that fills the role while still being dirt cheap to produce, as well as fulfilling several other miscellaneous constraints that only people in the diaper industry know about.

I remember reading on some now-deleted forum that the actual reason was that Kimberly Clark had some sort of patent on the pull-up diaper design that prevented ABDL companies from making bigger Goodnites/Pull-Ups and the like. I don't know if its true or not but if that post was even somewhat correct then ABDL diaper companies' hesitation to make adult-sized Goodnites would make a whole lot more sense to me.

Even if that's not true, it would definitely cost a lot more to design a whole new type of diaper from the ground up as opposed to just slapping more stuffing and some colorful decals onto existing adult diapers. It's the difference between a moderate assembly-line retooling vs the brand-new construction of a new assembly line to produce a product that may or may not do well on the open market. There's just too much financial risk and even the bigger companies like Rearz and ABU would not be able to survive in the event the whole thing goes tits-up and they're suddenly in hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

tl;dr We won't see adult-sized Goodnites until a) some KC patent that may or may not exist finally expires and b) some investor with cast-iron testicles shovels a whole bunch of cash into some Chinese factory somewhere to make these things.

13 minutes ago, Chevrolet said:

I remember reading on some now-deleted forum that the actual reason was that Kimberly Clark had some sort of patent on the pull-up diaper design that prevented ABDL companies from making bigger Goodnites/Pull-Ups and the like. I don't know if its true or not but if that post was even somewhat correct then ABDL diaper companies' hesitation to make adult-sized Goodnites would make a whole lot more sense to me.

Even if that's not true, it would definitely cost a lot more to design a whole new type of diaper from the ground up as opposed to just slapping more stuffing and some colorful decals onto existing adult diapers. It's the difference between a moderate assembly-line retooling vs the brand-new construction of a new assembly line to produce a product that may or may not do well on the open market. There's just too much financial risk and even the bigger companies like Rearz and ABU would not be able to survive in the event the whole thing goes tits-up and they're suddenly in hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

tl;dr We won't see adult-sized Goodnites until a) some KC patent that may or may not exist finally expires and b) some investor with cast-iron testicles shovels a whole bunch of cash into some Chinese factory somewhere to make these things.

Well, I'm fairly serious about this. I'm aware of how design/utility patents work. When my new business has grown I plan to

1: Hire a lawyer to work around any existing patents

2: Hire a CAD/Designer to create a new ABDL pull up

3: Do a search for who the top factories are and reach out to them and get this created.

As I've never done kick starter, I've always launched my products in full force using my own money i'll do my best to make this happen. Give me 1-2 years to grow my business. Glad there's interest. 

I think one of the biggest issues here is that pullups simply don't work for overnight use, especially with the male anatomy. When North Shore introduced their pullup that was supposedly like a diaper in its capacity, I was very excited to try it out, as they are a very reputable company and pretty much my go-to supplier. I was pretty disappointed to wake up the morning after in a wet bed. I tried a few more times and the result was always the same. 

So, as much as awesome, cute designs on a pullup would be welcome, I think the fundamental design of the product needs to be fixed first. 

I am not privy to the technical limitations and challenges of doing so but if you take a respectable diaper like an abena M4, and wear it for a few hours, the tapes stretch a little and the diaper isn't perfectly snug. It can be shifted and adjusted BUT, can handle the contents of a full bladder without leaking, and while lying down, in my experience. Why not use that kind of design, padding all around, but instead of tapes, an elastic waistband? Am I missing something? I want to say "this should be easy" but as I'm not in the business, I'm not qualified to tell a diaper designer what should and should not be easy.

From discussions with diaper company owners, the *biggest* hurdle is just the leg gatherers. While an adult pull-up can (and does!) allow for one-ish wetting, beyond that, the "pull it on and somehow fit perfectly AND comfortably on every human!" thing means the leg gatherers need to be pretty darn adjustable. This leads to leaks relatively quickly, and surprisingly enough, most diaper wearers don't rate diapers highly if they start leaking on the second wetting. 

There are medical adult-sized pull-ups, and I think Bambino uses some of those chassis to add prints, so there ARE printed ABDL pull-ups. They hold about one wetting, and they aren't the prettiest things in the world - but they work. It's just that the human bladder is much, much larger than little ones (and much more variable in size! Think of the difference between a super-thin person's thighs and a "thicc" woman's thighs)

Adult sized Goodnites are without a doubt one of the most  consistently discussed “wish list” items one sees on any omorashi/diaper community board. I would definitely be super supportive of this. It seems to me that by cornering the market on a Goodnite-like product you would probably have a good chance of seeing a return on your investment. No one else would be offering anything like it.

One of the things that really stands out about Goodnites is that they are so cushy with an evenly distributed layer of super absorbent polymer that swells up and gets squishy when wet. Existing adult pull-ups by brands like Depends aren’t the same. They feel like they are filled with cotton balls or something, all lumpy. They get soggy, not squishy. Even though Goodnites are built for smaller bladders, their construction is better.

The fit on Goodnites is also really great. I am lucky to be quite small and can fit pretty easily into Goodnites, and I like how fitted they are around the hips. It’s like a girls t-shirt vs a guys t-shirt. They are just more flattering and body-shaped, far superior to the baggy adult pull-ups that are currently available.

• 2 months later...