Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Aircraft Urgency and Leaking?

How many here have experienced or known someone who experienced extreme urgency or leaking while inflight?  This might be due to the seat-belt light being on for turbulence or small aircraft with insufficient or no restroom.

Mine:  A college friend told me about a flying breakfast (apparently she'd downed here juice and a full coco thermos before remembering the light plane lacked restroom.  She said before  returning to earth, her need became the worst pain she'd ever experienced.  She really had not expected to remain dry.

Not counting 30-minute hops with a boss, I've flown only 4 round trips.  At the time my bladder problem was only low-end-normal capacity.  But I had a very close call -- the usual seat-belt light on for turbulence followed by a long restroom line.

Your experiences?

It never happened to me, because I don't fly very often, only a few times per year, but I'm so afraid of wetting accident on a plane I actually decided to wear a diaper last time when I was on a flight lasting 2 hours. It was normal commercial airplane with toilets, but I was afraid of seat belt sign on or some other scary thing that can happen on a plane and would make me pee myself.

OMG all the time in the middle seat and window seat. See my thread here especially on the second page where I posted some experiences I had. That reminds me I will update it as I have only shared a small fraction of all the desperation I have had as I fly a lot and I am too shy to ask and I am in the middle and window seat often. Does anyone else here feel like the aisle seat can control everyone else's bladder comfort? My worst ones are long flights where the aisle seat is asleep or they look mean and I am too shy to ask. Also, when the aisle seat gets up to go they are ahead of you in line and a really bad one was that the aisle seat got to go and I was still in line and I got sent back to my seat so I couldnt go but the aisle seat did get to go and I couldnt go earlier only because the aisle person was asserting his dominance in the aisle seat and blocking my access to the lavatory 

I don't fly that often, but when I do I reserve an aisle seat so that if I need to use the restroom I don't have to annoy other people.  Even if you have an aisle seat you can't put off the trip too long.  There may be enough turbulence to keep the seat belt sign on for an extended period.

When a flight has been delayed, there are often a few who spend the time in a bar, and even on a short flight of only two or three hours they may need at least one trip to the toilet.

13 hours ago, Spectator9 said:

I don't fly that often, but when I do I reserve an aisle seat so that if I need to use the restroom I don't have to annoy other people.  Even if you have an aisle seat you can't put off the trip too long.  There may be enough turbulence to keep the seat belt sign on for an extended period.

When a flight has been delayed, there are often a few who spend the time in a bar, and even on a short flight of only two or three hours they may need at least one trip to the toilet.

Many times I fly I wish I had an aisle but I dont get an aisle seat. See my thread especially my second page for some painful story. I will update the thread soon as I have so many other experiences to share . Dont you think from your preference and getting the privalge to sit in the aisle seat you get to dictate everyone else's bladder comfort in your row especially for long flights where you are asleep or you take out your laptop and work so no one in your row can easily get out? Do you ever try and sit in the aisle seat and wonder if your seatmates are desperate to pee or have held it in cause you were asleep?