Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

The difference between knowing you will, and fearing you will...

I've been advising people to stay hydrated, so as to have a dilute pee that's less smelly and less of a skin irritant, and it occurs to me that this is good advice for people with no bladder control.

Not poor bladder control - peeing less often may well be the way to go, for you - it's for people who *know* that they are going to wet themselves.

That's very, very different to worrying that you might.

So: if that's you, living your day with the certainty that you will wet yourself, what do you do differently?

Feel free to talk about diapers and and the obvious precautions: but I'd love to hear the subtle things, the ways in which you're not the person worries that they might; and the things you do that wouldn't make sense unless you're you, and you know that you will, even if you don't know when.

Also: some of the most embarrassing wettings are about women who refuse to accept that they are going to lose it - often, they continue struggling painfully against it when they couldn't get any wetter and still can't stop pissing - and they would  have suffered a lot less, and maybe got away with it discreetly, if they'd accepted that it's inevitable and taken some control over how, if not necessarily where.

What are the ways in which that isn't you?

Knowing you will wet yourself is more or less omo fun and usually semi controlled situation (where, when, how). Fearing you will wet yourself is very stressful, because wetting will potentially happen when you really don't want to happen and it's usually at some inappropriate time and place. And it's usually very embarrassing for a person who has the accident and sometimes even for other people involved in the situation.

21 minutes ago, nappypants said:

In a way I think it might be easier for someone who is completely incontinent and knows and accepts they need to wear nappies all the time, compared to someone who has unpredictable accidents and plans their life around finding toilets.

I think you're right, because always worrying where to find a toilet and wondering should I drink less or not at all at some occasions, just because you're worrying, if there will be toilet available when needed, is annoying and can make living less pleasant. Sometimes would be just easier to wear a diaper.