Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Help Getting Pee Smell Out Of Sneakers

1 minute ago, rachelkirwan said:

So I had a rather extensive accident the other day... story coming soon... but I managed to soak a pair of sneakers in pee and I was wondering if anyone had tips on the best way of removing that musky pee small which I love in panties but would rather not follow me around whenever I choose to wear these shoes...

Not sure how effective, it'd be, but baking soda might be an option to look into:

https://www.caturineproblemseliminated.com/cat-blog/baking-soda-cat-urine.html

8 hours ago, Empeeror said:

Not sure how effective, it'd be, but baking soda might be an option to look into:

https://www.caturineproblemseliminated.com/cat-blog/baking-soda-cat-urine.html

I did rinse them in water and fill the shoes with baking soda, but it doesn't seem to be working, I'll try to add vinegar next. I mean, my shoe smells really yummy, I almost hate to clean it (only one really got soaked with pee), but you know, a girl needs her shoes!

4 hours ago, Cherylicious said:

Baking soda+putting it in the sun

Ah the sun might be a problem... winter is starting in Vancouver.. 😉

13 minutes ago, ELagrange said:

Hi Rach

You can rather donate them to me. You are rid of the smell and I have that lovely pee scent to inhale. Sounds like a win win to me.

I was considering selling them but they are big old shoes but in good condition and I'd rather get another few years of wear out of them, but noted 😉 

5 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

I did rinse them in water and fill the shoes with baking soda, but it doesn't seem to be working, I'll try to add vinegar next. I mean, my shoe smells really yummy, I almost hate to clean it (only one really got soaked with pee), but you know, a girl needs her shoes!

Ah the sun might be a problem... winter is starting in Vancouver.. 😉

I was considering selling them but they are big old shoes but in good condition and I'd rather get another few years of wear out of them, but noted 😉 

Not the vinegar Rachel; anything but that. You may get the pee smell out but it will be replaced with a nasty vinegar smell that you don't want in your shoes, or associated with your feetsies. I recommend going to a pet store and buying some Nature's Miracle. It is enzyme based as opposed to acid, and works wonders. If they don't have any, look for some other product designed to remove urine odors. That is my recommendation. 

I just put sneaker in washing machine, but usually do that right away when I come home. Baking soda, sun, animal urine odor remover etc usually only get rid of the smell partly, not completely, if shoes were exposed to urine for longer time. I use that for shoes I can't put in washing machine, but sooner or later they can be used only for pee adventures.

On 10/16/2020 at 10:10 AM, betanumeric said:

Most pet shops will sell you an odour-suppressant spray; the household product 'Febreze' will do the same job.

Hot tip for the future: staying hydrated means you wet yourself, and your sneakers, with a dilute and less-smelly pee.

Yeah, this was... an unexpected accident. 

Thanks everyone. I think I might just throw them in the washing machine. It's been three days of them sitting full of baking soda and the still smell intoxicating. 

I'll report back!

6 hours ago, wettingman said:

Clorox makes a product to remove urine odors.    I think  it is mainly meant for furniture, but may work .

The label is appropriately yellow. Normally you could find it with household disinfectant, but with the covid caused shortage of these products  it will be difficult.

if it's colored shoes, clorox will damage the colors