Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Having to wait for PPE to pee

This morning while driving I had the local radio on. There was a breaking news story of a large Coronavirus outbreak at university halls of residence in the nearby city. Students were being told to isolate alone in their rooms and they had a few people calling in. 
One student called in anonymously saying she was self isolating after a positive test and struggling. The presenter asked if she was short of food or medication or was it the social isolation. 
‘No’, replied the student live on air, ‘my biggest problem this morning is that I can only use the shower and toilet on my floor when I am wearing full PPE and I’m still waiting on a delivery! I’ve been waiting almost an hour and really really need the bathroom!’ 

I felt fit that poor student so much! I hope with the amount of students isolating that that isn’t an ongoing issue as literally hundreds can’t pee without PPE right now! Breaking the rules could mean being told to leave their accommodation which would make them homeless 😢

29 minutes ago, Spectator9 said:

An arrangement that some colleges are using is to designate a whole floor in a dorm - along with its bathrooms - as the isolation area.  How do you take a shower wearing PPE?  Even peeing wearing PPE doesn't work.  A scattering of isolation rooms is impractical.  

Here entire halls are in isolation unfortunately as the virus is so prevalent in the student population. 

I have to admit that during this pandemic I have felt the cold sting of karma. I have to admit that normally the idea of someone not being able to get to the bathroom because of some reason like this would be extremely entertaining to me, so it really does figure that I have a outdoor job for the first time ever just when this pandemic has started and a lot of these places would have had open bathrooms if not for the pandemic. So as a result of that I am now in a situation where I have to hold it all day where if it weren't for the pandemic I would be able to relieve myself. So yes it can be entertaining when it's other people who are desperate, but when it's you who is going without the bathroom all day holding for hours it is quite no laughing matter!