Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female jav DLFF-186 deleted?

this jav was uploaded yesterday if i'm correct, but 2 guys said in the comments that they couldn't download the file, neither i could. Today the post was deleted, maybe to be re-uploaded. I don't know what happened, but about 400 people saw the file in time and downloaded it (i checked the download counter). can one of those lucky fellas share the files? it doesn't has to be on this site, since the guy who uploaded them may post them again, it can be on vk, xvideos or this vid, just in case the file never gets uploaded again. thank you all kindly ❤️

jkt2.jpg

23 hours ago, Maki said:

Unfortunately it seems there was a glitch that caused this file upload to fail on submission, which is why it was removed.

Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion, I'm looking into what may have caused this to happen and will try and ensure it doesn't occur again.

Was this one of mine? I think it was, I'll reupload the three that had errors. 🙂

13 hours ago, sprinkler said:

I think SL-164 and one or two others are also missing

Added SL -197

While I am here: Kudos to Rachel for the outstanding contributions 

And EE 202

Again I will explain the problem since I am a backend developer and I have already seen this problem:

The files are uploaded and their name is saved as the filename on the server, so if you upload "video.mp4" the file is saved as "video.mp4" on the server in a folder "folder/video.mp4". The action is stored in the database which will have an ID and the file location "File id 4 is saved in folder/video.mp4"

this is done in order to not expose the true path on the server for security reason, so the user sees the link as "download.php?id=4" instead of the full path of the file

but what happened? the file name was in japanese characters which some systems don't have installed by default. you can see japanese characters written on a web page but that doesn't mean the server can actually handle those.

So, in the process, the database saved the name correctly (usually databases have the unicode encoding) while the server couldn't save it with the correct name and probably saved the name with "unknown" ascii carachters.

So, when you clicked on the file link, the databases was pointing towards the file with the correct filename, but the system couldn't find it since the file didn't actually had that name when saved on the server.

Hope this helps the admin solve the situation, which can be done installing the japanese locale on the machine (how it depends on the server) or simply rename the file by the user before uploading

8 hours ago, xoomer123 said:

Again I will explain the problem since I am a backend developer and I have already seen this problem:

The files are uploaded and their name is saved as the filename on the server, so if you upload "video.mp4" the file is saved as "video.mp4" on the server in a folder "folder/video.mp4". The action is stored in the database which will have an ID and the file location "File id 4 is saved in folder/video.mp4"

this is done in order to not expose the true path on the server for security reason, so the user sees the link as "download.php?id=4" instead of the full path of the file

but what happened? the file name was in japanese characters which some systems don't have installed by default. you can see japanese characters written on a web page but that doesn't mean the server can actually handle those.

So, in the process, the database saved the name correctly (usually databases have the unicode encoding) while the server couldn't save it with the correct name and probably saved the name with "unknown" ascii carachters.

So, when you clicked on the file link, the databases was pointing towards the file with the correct filename, but the system couldn't find it since the file didn't actually had that name when saved on the server.

Hope this helps the admin solve the situation, which can be done installing the japanese locale on the machine (how it depends on the server) or simply rename the file by the user before uploading

I appreciate you wanting to help, you are not quite right on the issue at hand however. This is not an encoding or system locale issue.

We're a largely Japanese/anime themed website that has been around for over 10 years now, so we naturally have a ton of files that utilize Japanese filenames and the likes, so this is nothing new for us.

I believe the issue was caused when Rachel tried to process/submit multiple downloads at the same time and it ended up causing some of the download sessions to overlap and the wrong file ID's were associated to some of the files. The problem was multiple download submissions were all linked to the same files, which happened to be one submission we did not approve as it was too much in the realm of "scat" content rather than messing, and this resulted in the file not found errors users were seeing, as the other downloads were trying to point to the wrong file submissions (which actually did no longer exist on the server).

This is likely a bug created because of the new download sessioning system the site uses to handle larger uploads in chunks rather than a single long-running upload. So it's a likely bug that I believe can occur when trying to submit multiple Downloads entries at the same time, but I need to look into the issue further to confirm the bug and make sure it is fixed so it doesn't happen going forward.

(For reference also @rachelkirwan, SL-164 and SL-197 were the ones we couldn't approve, I'm working on updating the system so it automatically sends notifications when we can't approve file submissions for reasons like this.)

Actually after further review it seems I was only half-right. It is indeed an issue with the chunked uploading system, but the problem is an incompatibility with some of our server modifications and the new uploading system on specific files that exceed 100MB.

The server software is failing to finalize these uploads, though the reason why is a little more complicated. I'll have this fixed soon nonetheless.

11 hours ago, xoomer123 said:

Wow that's a concise explanation, so what I hear you saying is I should be less lazy and just rename the files I'm uploading... I should do this anyhow, some of the names were silly long.

3 hours ago, Maki said:

I appreciate you wanting to help, you are not quite right on the issue at hand however. This is not an encoding or system locale issue.

We're a largely Japanese/anime themed website that has been around for over 10 years now, so we naturally have a ton of files that utilize Japanese filenames and the likes, so this is nothing new for us.

I believe the issue was caused when Rachel tried to process/submit multiple downloads at the same time and it ended up causing some of the download sessions to overlap and the wrong file ID's were associated to some of the files. The problem was multiple download submissions were all linked to the same files, which happened to be one submission we did not approve as it was too much in the realm of "scat" content rather than messing, and this resulted in the file not found errors users were seeing, as the other downloads were trying to point to the wrong file submissions (which actually did no longer exist on the server).

This is likely a bug created because of the new download sessioning system the site uses to handle larger uploads in chunks rather than a single long-running upload. So it's a likely bug that I believe can occur when trying to submit multiple Downloads entries at the same time, but I need to look into the issue further to confirm the bug and make sure it is fixed so it doesn't happen going forward.

(For reference also @rachelkirwan, SL-164 and SL-197 were the ones we couldn't approve, I'm working on updating the system so it automatically sends notifications when we can't approve file submissions for reasons like this.)

Ah that makes sense also, I think one or two of them were a bit too poop related. I'll keep an eye out for this. I've got a huge trove of JAV and some is 100% omo content, and the others are omo-adjacent. 

I reuploaded all of the videos that were having issues today, so apologies for reuploading the ones that were a bit too poop heavy. 

Thanks for all your help and work on the forum 🙂

The issue does appear related to the filenames in question but it's not a locale or encoding issue, it's something else I haven't narrowed down yet.

Other long uploads with Japanese text in the filenames go through without issue, and it's not a problem when the file itself is under 100MB, so it's something specific to when the uploads are being buffered and the filenames are formatted a specific way.

I'll let you know once I have the issue narrowed down and resolved, but it should be a rare issue from what I can tell.

On 9/23/2020 at 7:58 AM, Maki said:

Alright, I've identified the source of the issue and have a bug report filed and this should be fixed in the next update.

The issue is when file uploads are being chunked, some important filesystem logic is being skipped that truncates filenames if they exceed 255 characters in length. When this is not done, the filesystem will fail to process the upload as the filename it is using is simply too long for the filesystem to handle.

Normally, this is not an issue if the file is under 100MB in size, as this skips the file chunking requirement, but anything over that is currently impacted by the bug.

tl;dr Just make sure you don't upload anything with insanely long filenames for now.

Ok, thanks for the update, I was curious about what it was causing the issue, basically a combinations of multiple factors. My idea was wrong I should ha considered the nature of the website!

On 9/22/2020 at 10:58 PM, Maki said:

Alright, I've identified the source of the issue and have a bug report filed and this should be fixed in the next update.

The issue is when file uploads are being chunked, some important filesystem logic is being skipped that truncates filenames if they exceed 255 characters in length. When this is not done, the filesystem will fail to process the upload as the filename it is using is simply too long for the filesystem to handle.

Normally, this is not an issue if the file is under 100MB in size, as this skips the file chunking requirement, but anything over that is currently impacted by the bug.

tl;dr Just make sure you don't upload anything with insanely long filenames for now.

I think we should return to MS-DOS file naming conventions, where only 8 chracters are allowed.

On 9/22/2020 at 12:16 PM, xoomer123 said:

Stop being so smart; you make the rest of us feel like dumb asses😜

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...