Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Writing Dilemma

So, I've been toiling over this in my head for a few days now, and I just feel like I need to hear other's opinions on a topic so dense. So, when you're reading an omorashi fanfiction/fiction story, watching videos or just thinking about it, what kind of omorashi do you think is best?

What I mean is, if you got to choose which you read/watched first, would you choose accidental or purposeful omorashi? And, either way, would it be sexual? I see so many people say that omorashi isn't a fetish for them, it's just something that's cute and should never be sexualized (often with underage characters, which I have other certain feelings about). But, I feel that, as it is a fetish, and therefore very sexual in nature, so I treat it as such in writing.

As a writer, I always look to please readers and inspire other writers, but I'm unsure if my personal opinions and feelings about the omorashi kink in general put readers off, simply due to my sexual perception of it. Should I alter my perspective, or should I remain in the niche of sexual omo? I'm just unsure because of the sheer amount of nonsexual omorashi is see people vying for and requesting.

In short, should I continue writing what I feel omorashi is, or should I alter my view of it to better fit the "market" of omorashi content? And, what what would you say would be in "the perfect omorashi piece"? Sexual or not, I suppose is the crux of my question.

I'd be pleased to hear any perspectives, but none should feel obliged. Thank you for reading and perhaps answering and have the best of days. 

Best regards, 

NothingLeft

Well.... I prefer deliberate and undiapered over accidental.  Even in the case of losing control, it should be a consent to lose control.  Yes, that's the word -- consent.  The person wetting should be fine with it.  If there's any embarrassment, it should be over enjoying it so much.  That's the only reason I'm ever embarrassed over wetting myself!

Unintentional wetting is my favorite. The best stories for me feature characters whose control gradually diminishes until they become incontinent, a bed wetter, and/or need to start wearing protection. In sexier scenarios, being forced by a more dominant character to wet themselves is pretty hot, as are the power dynamics of getting shamed for accidental wetting and/or being put in diapers because they can’t stay dry.

Actual sex is optional and depends on the story, but regardless it seems obvious that the characters should always be 18+. Omorashi stories might not always have actual sex, but it is always fetish content. 

Edited by Kudamono (see edit history)

I’ve always been anxious about intercourse and more often than not did not reach orgasm. I met a woman and quickly was engaged to be married. One night she we got near home and she spent about an hour doing things before finally going to our apartment. I saw no sign of urgency until I tried to open the apartment door when she said Hurry!!  I dropped keys and finally got the door open. She spent about 10 minutes and ran the faucet. When she got out she put on different underwear. We talked about it and I asked why we had been so close to home for sol long; did she not know she had to go? She said of course she knew but we were out and she wanted to do those things. I asked why if she hadn’t to go so bad why didn’t she just wet her pants. Her answer was striking: she was afraid of what I would think of her, nothing about being too old to wet her pants. I told her I’d seen my boss wet her pants and more of my past girlfriends had wet their pants than hadn’t. She seemed comforted but denied that she had wet her pants.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:49 AM, NothingLeft said:

In short, should I continue writing what I feel omorashi is, or should I alter my view of it to better fit the "market" of omorashi content?

Dude.

Don't lose sight of what writing fiction is - a means of expressing yourself.  You shouldn't be concerned with your audience if it means overlooking the most important member, which is, and always will be, yourself.  You have to write what you want to write.  Moreover, you have to write what you want to read.  The quickest way to mediocrity is to involve the committee.

I suggest you take a serious, hard look at yourself and your own motivations for writing.  If you don't have something you desperately want to share with the world, then perhaps you're looking in the wrong place for gratification.  You sound dangerously close to the oft seen Hollywood mindset of doing market research in order to maximize profits.  If creative types fall into this trap of thinking it results in a perversion of the craft.

You're not going to write some kind of amazing, one size fits all piece of omorashi fiction that everybody is going to like.  People like different things so even attempting that would be a fool's errand.  Instead, you should contribute what you want to see, not what you think somebody else might want to see.  There are other people who like what you like, and you will be doing them a service by sharing your unique contributions.  If you instead keep those things to yourself in an effort to please the masses, then you'll be robbing those people you could have reached of something that may have enriched their lives.  More importantly, you'll be robbing yourself of a chance at expression.

2 hours ago, Dynamic said:

Dude.

Don't lose sight of what writing fiction is - a means of expressing yourself.  You shouldn't be concerned with your audience if it means overlooking the most important member, which is, and always will be, yourself.  You have to write what you want to write.  Moreover, you have to write what you want to read.  The quickest way to mediocrity is to involve the committee.

I suggest you take a serious, hard look at yourself and your own motivations for writing.  If you don't have something you desperately want to share with the world, then perhaps you're looking in the wrong place for gratification.  You sound dangerously close to the oft seen Hollywood mindset of doing market research in order to maximize profits.  If creative types fall into this trap of thinking it results in a perversion of the craft.

You're not going to write some kind of amazing, one size fits all piece of omorashi fiction that everybody is going to like.  People like different things so even attempting that would be a fool's errand.  Instead, you should contribute what you want to see, not what you think somebody else might want to see.  There are other people who like what you like, and you will be doing them a service by sharing your unique contributions.  If you instead keep those things to yourself in an effort to please the masses, then you'll be robbing those people you could have reached of something that may have enriched their lives.  More importantly, you'll be robbing yourself of a chance at expression.

Just...

My God.

You really opened my eyes on this. For the longest time I've preached that writer should enjoy what they write, and I guess in my anxiety and my fervent hope to please, somehow I forgot that I'm writing for me. Thank you, you have no idea what you've just allowed me to see.

Yes, no one piece will please all, but If you can please just one person aside from yourself, even if it means throwing the mass beliefs and interests to the sharks, you've done at least that much of value.

Thank you, and have a wonderful life.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 12:19 AM, PrincessPeeach said:

I agree with everyone who said write what YOU enjoy. 

Everyone is different. I prefer purposeful omo, and for me, the more sexual the better.

There’s a serious lack of stories about consenting, planned, sexual wet fun between two adults. Thankfully I have an active imagination lol😘

I'm actually considering writing a story along these lines, about an omorashi club where women go to have holding contests and wet for fun. It would also have humiliating accidental wettings though.

Edited by Skirt Accident (see edit history)