Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Help/instructions needed: How to draw omo

So I've been drawing for a while now, mostly doing sprite edits and such, and I have tried -unsuccesfully- to draw omo before, so I was hoping to get some tricks of the trade from the fine artists perusing this forum. Any tip helps!

For those wondering, I use:

Adobe Photoshop
A Huion drawing tablet
An Asus laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 with Radeon, a 64-bits processor and Windows 10

Disclaimer: I'm relatively new to omo, but not to drawing.

You should try DesignDoll by Terawell Software. It's a software that allows you to manipulate a digital posing doll. The doll's joints and spine semi-realistically follow the limitations of the real human body, and fingers and toes manipulate realistically. You can also customize the doll's shape and size and colour with pretty wide freedom, though it is definitely of a more anime aesthetic. The backdrop is a grid, and you can add grid-locked boxes if you are trying to get the doll to react to a surface. Disclaimer: the doll only simulates the body, not clothes, so you'll need to either experiment, or draw skin-tight clothing.

It's about 70$ US for the license, but it has a free and (afaik) unlimited demo. The demo cannot save projects, so you either need to use lightshot (free) to save pictures, or you need to keep the window open. Plant the picture of the doll in your drawing software, and trace over it on a new layer and add any necessary details!

With the design doll trace-templates, I'd highly recommend you try to draw out the components of the body yourself on a separate layer for practice. Try to get muscle memory on the limbs, joints, torso, and skull, the doll will greatly help this way.

Ex:

Spoiler

Step 1

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.5b097c60dd7de81d1c1cf3b340aad987.png

Step 2

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.8241ebd8a73a4f2be8c2dd9c42816302.png 

Step 3

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.50fcaafd4e71640b798797cf98af3226.png

Here are other thing's I've done

Spoiler

704581415_FearPee.thumb.png.0c04c93adfc8ec2c9e06ab583b6d43ea.png

809672520_PeeHoldInitial.thumb.png.853701ce086151faa910753e73b525b2.png

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.5e8d9043c1b6533acf1f86b2b50e59ed.png

Hope you get some inspiration!

Edited by Peafowl (see edit history)
1 minute ago, Peafowl said:

Disclaimer: I'm relatively new to omo, but not to drawing.

You should try DesignDoll by Terawell Software. It's a software that allows you to manipulate a digital posing doll. The doll's joints and spine semi-realistically follow the limitations of the real human body, and fingers and toes manipulate realistically. You can also customize the doll's shape and size and colour with pretty wide freedom, though it is definitely of a more anime aesthetic. The backdrop is a grid, and you can add grid-locked boxes if you are trying to get the doll to react to a surface. Disclaimer: the doll only simulates the body, not clothes, so you'll need to either experiment, or draw skin-tight clothing.

It's about 70$ US for the license, but it has a free and (afaik) unlimited demo. The demo cannot save projects, so you either need to use lightshot (free) to save pictures, or you need to keep the window open. Plant the picture of the doll in your drawing software, and trace over it on a new layer and add any necessary details!

With the design doll trace-templates, I'd highly recommend you try to draw out the components of the body yourself on a separate layer for practice. Try to get muscle memory on the limbs, joints, torso, and skull, the doll will greatly help this way.

Ex:

[spoiler]

Step 1

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.5b097c60dd7de81d1c1cf3b340aad987.png

Step 2

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.8241ebd8a73a4f2be8c2dd9c42816302.png 

Step 3

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.50fcaafd4e71640b798797cf98af3226.png

[/spoiler]

Here are other thing's I've done

[spoiler]

704581415_FearPee.thumb.png.0c04c93adfc8ec2c9e06ab583b6d43ea.png

809672520_PeeHoldInitial.thumb.png.853701ce086151faa910753e73b525b2.png

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.5e8d9043c1b6533acf1f86b2b50e59ed.png

[/spoiler]

Hope you get some inspiration!

Thanks for the info! Though $70 dollars is a tad much for a poor old college student, and I'd rather focus on expanding what I know (i.e. Photoshop) I certainly can use the information on posing etc.

Honestly I have a lot of trouble actually drawing the wetting, fluids are difficult because I don't want them to be too 'sticky', too choppy or just weird looking 😕

24 minutes ago, Misteriousmr said:

Thanks for the info! Though $70 dollars is a tad much for a poor old college student, and I'd rather focus on expanding what I know (i.e. Photoshop) I certainly can use the information on posing etc.

Honestly I have a lot of trouble actually drawing the wetting, fluids are difficult because I don't want them to be too 'sticky', too choppy or just weird looking 😕

Like I said, the demo for the software is free, you don't need to buy it. You just can't save dolls for later, you'll need to re-customize and repose each time you open the software.

For fluids, just remember that streams of liquid behave semi-randomly, but always take the shortest route to the ground due to gravity. Imagine your pen "flowing" down in a narrow stream. Whenever there is a bump, take the route down.

Water likes to branch and rejoin whenever there are obstructions, maintaining small steady streams. In an open-faucet scenario, it's just lots of small streams going straight down (gravity) overlapping eachother into a big stream.

For exercise I'd recommend referencing and drawing water running down your arm in the sink or shower, rain running down a window pane, tree branches, cracked glass, lightning, blood veins, rivers on a map, lots of things that branch in random yet logical directions.

If you're comfortable showing a drawing sample I'd be happy to give further pointers.

Edited by Peafowl (see edit history)

((pee and procrastination both have a p..!!))

I'm on mobile atm so it might be kinda hard to make out, but i made a little tutorial on common problems i see people having with drawing the fluid part of omo (or just liquid in general tbh). since you mentioned consistency/texture being hard, i tried to contrast it with a more "sticky" fluid- gravity works on different viscosity levels pretty differently.

i didn't get to add it in the pic, but if you have say, water dripping out of someone's mouth and off their chin, it moves a lot faster than something like syrup or cum and that reflects in the thickness of the 'liquid trails' (for lack of better word), and the way light plays off of it. 

i hope this helps some..!

Untitled340.png

On 9/20/2020 at 4:14 AM, fleurety said:

((pee and procrastination both have a p..!!))

I'm on mobile atm so it might be kinda hard to make out, but i made a little tutorial on common problems i see people having with drawing the fluid part of omo (or just liquid in general tbh). since you mentioned consistency/texture being hard, i tried to contrast it with a more "sticky" fluid- gravity works on different viscosity levels pretty differently.

i didn't get to add it in the pic, but if you have say, water dripping out of someone's mouth and off their chin, it moves a lot faster than something like syrup or cum and that reflects in the thickness of the 'liquid trails' (for lack of better word), and the way light plays off of it. 

i hope this helps some..!

Untitled340.png

This is very useful! Thanks!