Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Salty Food= Omorashi

Has anyone heard of this? A random Reddit story I hear someone blame the wetting of their kid on salty french fries.

So I Google if table salt makes people pee, and I figure out that not only we can't pee without it, but it's in most water. 

The salt not only moves the water,  it makes people thirsty so the body can rinse the salt out, filling the bladder with exess water.

Now every time I go to Mc Donalds large soda and fries makes my knees weak. I  want to sit in the car with my legs closed and merily consume.  I'll go back in saying I'm going to use the bathroom to get a refill..

Guys usually like salty food too. Too bad they're so much harder to fill up. 

The thirst is the kicker. 

Now, I reserve the right to be wrong, but I think that salt actually slows urine production.  It's just that because it makes you thirsty, you end up boosting it.

My reason for thinking this is because of the effect distilled water has on pee production.  A bit of that will have you pissing like a race horse in nothing flat, and, in the case of our community, would suggest that you should have a change of clothes ready to go, because you're going to be wetting profusely.

Nada when you drink distilled water it accumulates and your tissues swell.

Water leaves kidney's by following sodium. 

If you're dehydrated anti diuretic hormone will make the sodium hold water in. By altering the function of the nephron.

People are just. .. usually dehydrated.

Edited by Sucedáneo (see edit history)

While I can't confirm or deny the salt (I don't eat much salty foods), I will say that citrus makes me piss myself real quick.

I have a super large bladder, but if I drink anything with a citrus flavor (lemonade, Sprite, some teas, etc.) almost guarantees I will pee in the next 45-ish minutes. I don't know why, but I definitely will use it to my advantage whenever possible. I always have at least two or three citrus drinks in my fridge to make me pee more often.

1 hour ago, PrincessPeeach said:

Oh my gosh.  I always thought it was sparkling water, cuz when I drink it I have to pee like crazy. But I was like huh, it’s just water. But I prefer lemon or lime sparking water, so I wonder if it’s the lemon/lime flavour?? That makes way more sense. 

I drink a whole lot of flavors of sparkling water, and I can confirm that the ones with lemons, limes, oranges, etc. in them are the only ones that effect me in that way.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:37 AM, Sucedáneo said:

Nada when you drink distilled water it accumulates and your tissues swell.

Water leaves kidney's by following sodium. 

I wonder what effect preloading on distilled water, followed by a helping of something salty would have.  It's worth investigating.  Safely, of course.

6 hours ago, TheGiantDiaper said:

I have a super large bladder, but if I drink anything with a citrus flavor (lemonade, Sprite, some teas, etc.) almost guarantees I will pee in the next 45-ish minutes.

It's possible it's irritating your bladder.

On 9/21/2020 at 7:14 AM, SoggyShorts said:

The thirst is the kicker. 

Now, I reserve the right to be wrong, but I think that salt actually slows urine production.  It's just that because it makes you thirsty, you end up boosting it.

My reason for thinking this is because of the effect distilled water has on pee production.  A bit of that will have you pissing like a race horse in nothing flat, and, in the case of our community, would suggest that you should have a change of clothes ready to go, because you're going to be wetting profusely.

Is there a thread on this? 

I've found a lot of interesting stuff. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5372905/

Distilled seems to make people pee a lot in this study,  unlike the toxicology report. 

The contest lady drank a lot more a lot faster, she was left swollen and unable to pee. The toxicologist at the end said the final cause was a disorder of anti diuretic hormone.

The study people drank distilled normally with meal (so they had steady,  just lower sodium) they peed more than the normal guys despite having lower sodium than the other research subjects.

I hate grammar..  I don't want the two different research groups getting mixed up with the contest lady. 

Edited by Sucedáneo (see edit history)
3 hours ago, Sucedáneo said:

The contest lady drank a lot more a lot faster, she was left swollen and unable to pee. The toxicologist at the end said the final cause was a disorder of anti diuretic hormone.

I'm not sure, but this may have been because she basically diluted the electrolytes in her body.  The injection of salt water may have increased her electrolyte levels enough to compensate.  I didn't watch the video, though, so I don't actually know.

The common sense is that foods high in sodium causes people to retain water in their tissues, but it seems like a lot of things can complicate this.  Also, the effect vasopressin (ADH) has on the actual urine content is interesting.  Low vasopressin leads to more water getting to the bladder because it isn't reabsorbed.  This means faster filling, but lower concentration - basically clear urine.  Higher vasopressin causes the retention of water, but also the production of urine that is higher concentration (less clear).  What's interesting is that the bladder will react differently depending on content.  Clear, low concentrate urine can be held easier because it isn't as irritating, whereas higher concentration is harder to hold.  Feeling desperate will be different depending on the content, and indeed, the ability for a person to keep holding will be effected as well.

4 minutes ago, TheGiantDiaper said:

I mean, maybe, but it's not really causing me any pain or anything. Just makes me pee faster.

It won't hurt, but it will make your bladder start to squeeze sooner because it wants to be rid of the irritant.  Basically you'll feel the urge earlier and stronger than you would with more dilute urine.

4 minutes ago, Sucedáneo said:

So maybe the level of sodium also changes how vassopressin works.

Yeah, they're essentially tied together.  One effects the other in what appears to be somewhat complicated ways.  The basic rule of thumb is that more sodium means more vasopressin, which leads to decreased (but more concentrated) urine production.  At least, in a healthy person that's how it seems to work.

Just so we're all on the same page, varopressin is just a fancy word for antidiuretic hormone (ADH).

11 hours ago, Sucedáneo said:

How so? 

Vasopressin release is triggered by rising plasma osmolality, which measures the body's balance of water and electrolytes (such as sodium).  Basically, you don't want the ratio getting too far off so the body releases ADH to regulate the concentration of electrolytes.  If there's a lot of electrolytes in the fluids, then the body will want to conserve water to make sure the ratio doesn't get too low.

At least that's how I've come to understand it.

8 hours ago, Spectator9 said:

This could prove whether more concentrated urine causes greater urgency than less concentrated urine, and maybe what irritants cause urgency.

This actually seems to be pretty well documented already.  Do a web search for "bladder irritants" and you'll get a lot of articles of foods and drinks to avoid if you have bladder problems, such as OAB.

Well you said the contest lady diluted her electrolytes causing her to retain water. 

So sodium retains water,  but the body's response to unusually low sodium also retains water. 

This girl swelled up because the less dense water was attracted to the sodium in her cells. 

So sodium makes the cells retain water,  but the body as a whole uses sodium to excrete water.  Which means in an unusual event where the cells have way more sodium than the blood,  the water will soak into the cells and the kidneys won't have much to excrete.

I think you'll like the video,  the entire author.  You're a charming,  intelligent man like him. 

I'll react to your post tomorrow. 

On 9/22/2020 at 2:20 PM, TheGiantDiaper said:

While I can't confirm or deny the salt (I don't eat much salty foods), I will say that citrus makes me piss myself real quick.

I have a super large bladder, but if I drink anything with a citrus flavor (lemonade, Sprite, some teas, etc.) almost guarantees I will pee in the next 45-ish minutes. I don't know why, but I definitely will use it to my advantage whenever possible. I always have at least two or three citrus drinks in my fridge to make me pee more often.

Citric acids found in oranges, limes, lemons and pineapples hinder your ability to control your bladder.

I found a list of bladder-rushing food and drink, here:

https://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/ss/slideshow-leaky-bladder-triggers#:~:text=Oranges%2C grapefruits%2C clementines%2C lemons,them or drink their juice.

Though beware; it is from WebMD, so it may not be wholly accurate and all of these may not affect certain people based on simple biology and body chemistry. Also, the O.A.B. they mention throughout the list stands for "OverActive Bladder" syndrome- it's not a disease, it's a condition-slash-syndrome- which is linked here:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/overactive-bladder/symptoms-causes/syc-20355715

1 hour ago, Sucedáneo said:

Well you said the contest lady diluted her electrolytes causing her to retain water. 

I'm not sure what caused her to retain so much water.  What I do know is that diluting the electrolytes in a person's body can cause all sorts of problems because it messes with electrical conductivity, meaning impulses from the brain and nervous system can't be transmitted effectively.  I think that's the major danger in water intoxication.

As for the video, I'll get around to watching it soon.  I believe I know the channel, which is why I'm somewhat reluctant.  Certain subjects make me a little bit squeamish so I want to prepare myself first.

You're a charming,  intelligent man like him. 

Assuming this is directed at me, thank you kindly.  You seem to be a very intelligent and curious person yourself, which is what got me interested in this thread.

We will learn the forbidden techniques

Couldn't have said it better myself 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 7:00 PM, Spectator9 said:

One could do a study like this, having subjects consume various beverages on one day and distilled water on other days, and then measure their output after holding to their maximum toleration point.  This could prove whether more concentrated urine causes greater urgency than less concentrated urine, and maybe what irritants cause urgency.

I'd definitely support that if all the subjects were hot women, they all had to wet themselves, and it was all on film.