Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Ever since reading your stories, I have sometimes wondered what I would do if I had a partner/fiancee/wife who had early onset OAB. I'm pretty sure I'd probably explode from the emotional confusion. :dead:

On one hand I'd be supportive of anything and everything they do as far as treatment goes, and make sure they are comfortable in their skin and not humiliated by public accidents. On the other hand, I'd be constantly trying to fight the temptation to tell them that far from being something that makes them less (physically) attractive, their OAB in fact enhances it, and at the very least they don't have to fear putting me off.

Not suggesting that you actually do this, but considering the frequency of needing them and unpleasantness of them, have you ever entertained the thought of just throwing your hands up and giving up on Botox or other medications? Settling with pads or other absorbent products, and just accepting the risk that you might wet your pants in public, or wet the bed? :wet:

2 hours ago, DonnyWotty said:

Not suggesting that you actually do this, but considering the frequency of needing them and unpleasantness of them, have you ever entertained the thought of just throwing your hands up and giving up on Botox or other medications? Settling with pads or other absorbent products, and just accepting the risk that you might wet your pants in public, or wet the bed? :wet:

Well having done this for basically all my life up until I was like 20, I'm not keen on going back to this. I do still wear a lot of pads and pullups as is, and yeah... while I'm totally into wetting and omorashi, I'd definitely not want to soak my hubby every night or wet my formal work clothes in meetings.

11 hours ago, sandy808 said:

That is the conundrum.  Mix omorashi with the everyday need to adulting and not wet your clothes.   Diapers are your friend. 🙂

Oh definitely, pads usually work for the size of my leaks, but pullups at night will soon be the norm, it's still too hot and stuffy... so I'm just waking up in a puddle, or well doing this once or twice a week now.

On 9/17/2020 at 7:46 AM, rachelkirwan said:

Oh definitely, pads usually work for the size of my leaks, but pullups at night will soon be the norm, it's still too hot and stuffy... so I'm just waking up in a puddle, or well doing this once or twice a week now.

Have you ever considered just going into full diapers for, say, a week, and not worrying about bladder issues at all?

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2020 at 4:36 PM, rachelkirwan said:

Update, I got my jabs on Friday - not too much to report, but the two technicians definitely knew I was wearing a Goodnite. I spend the weekend recovering and relaxing. In the past it's taken a couple of weeks to be super effective, so now I'm just playing a waiting game.

If you don't mind me asking, how have the jabs worked out? Have you been able to cut back on the number of leaks? :nervous:

On 11/23/2020 at 9:04 PM, DonnyWotty said:

If you don't mind me asking, how have the jabs worked out? Have you been able to cut back on the number of leaks? :nervous:

I've been meaning to write an update, they have been ok, though not as effective as last time. So yes, usual leaks are down, but I'm leaking more when working out than say this time last year 😞

On 11/26/2020 at 9:37 PM, trekkie said:

I can definitely see it not being so much fun when it's all the time. Thanks for letting us know how it's going.

Have you ever wet yourself at work and had people notice?

Not recently, but I've got more stories to share, just as soon as I have time to write them up 🙂