Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Would women rather hold it for an extra hour or use a porta potty?

Even as a guy sometimes I read the porta potty because of the smell and seeing what is inside. I think it’s way worse for women. I have always wondered when I see them as to why some women would rather hold it and complain while some use it. Would you rather wait the extra hour or just go right away assuming you are not desperate but do need to go (kinda like you feel the urge but you are not desperate at all and holding like 500mL out of a 1L bladder capacity). Would it be different if you are in the same non desperate state but don’t know when the next restroom will be?

do women ever dread music festivals or hikes cause of porta potty?

Edited by Angusburger (see edit history)
33 minutes ago, Ms. Tito said:

I'd rather go in the woods.

Saaaame. I literally have just casually gone in the woods before. Porta potties are the WORST.

A) They're one of like two environments I'm ever claustrophobic in.

B) I have this irrational fear that any time I go inside one it'll fall over backwards and then I'll have to deal with whatever sloshes around in there. 

C) Germs in general with no place to wash my hands. 

And

D) Coronavirus in specific. 

Compared to the two cons of just peeing outside of someone might see my lady bits and potentially awkward bug bites it's an easy choice. Public urination is illegal in my state but it comes with the caveat that if you make a good faith effort to be discreet and cleanly, it's just a ticket. I'll take that chance any day. 

15 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

I'd rather go in the woods.

15 hours ago, Likealemon said:

Saaaame. I literally have just casually gone in the woods before. Porta potties are the WORST.

A) They're one of like two environments I'm ever claustrophobic in.

B) I have this irrational fear that any time I go inside one it'll fall over backwards and then I'll have to deal with whatever sloshes around in there. 

C) Germs in general with no place to wash my hands. 

And

D) Coronavirus in specific. 

Compared to the two cons of just peeing outside of someone might see my lady bits and potentially awkward bug bites it's an easy choice. Public urination is illegal in my state but it comes with the caveat that if you make a good faith effort to be discreet and cleanly, it's just a ticket. I'll take that chance any day. 

What if you are with guys or it’s a given that people will see you. Will that change your choice of squatting over porta potty or would you rather hold it?

18 hours ago, PrincessPeeach said:

I would hold it if I thought another option would be available reasonably soon.

If not I’d have no problem using it. 

What if it’s like another 90mins but you are not bursting or leaking but need to go? Are you willing to hold cause of it being dirty or like the smell and small space etc?

22 hours ago, Ell19 said:

I would absolutely hold it rather than use a portaloo. It's not just them being gross, it's also general public toilet anxiety heightened by the enclosed space and people waiting outside. Also my cousin was once at a football game with his youth team and they tipped over a portaloo with him inside as a prank. The thought of that haunts me a little. 

That’s terrible and scary to think about.  Did anything happen after the prank? Would you hold it even if it’s another 2-3hours?

21 hours ago, Juliered said:

I will really wait as long as possible. using this is really the very last chance I have left! I really have a block with that, same thing to succeed in doing it outdoors in public.

Would you rather use porta or squat outside (knowing guys will see you squat) if you cannot hold for longer?

Just now, NotDusty said:

I know my girlfriend used to avoid them if possible, mostly due to hygiene reasons but also because she hated waiting in queues.

I wrote a short account of one such situation if anyone’s interested. 

Interested in hearing more! WHere is it? Did you use porta potty while your gf held it? What did she think?

yeah queues can be annoying for them and I remeber once a girl finally made it to the front but walked right out cause someone peed all over the seat (probably a guy)

4 minutes ago, Angusburger said:

Interested in hearing more! WHere is it? Did you use porta potty while your gf held it? What did she think?

yeah queues can be annoying for them and I remeber once a girl finally made it to the front but walked right out cause someone peed all over the seat (probably a guy)

Please see above,

Hope you enjoy!

That’s just one of many scenarios we were in, most of the time I would pee and she would wait, which lead to some interesting situations 😁

2 hours ago, Angusburger said:

What if you are with guys or it’s a given that people will see you. Will that change your choice of squatting over porta potty or would you rather hold it?

Would you rather use porta or squat outside (knowing guys will see you squat) if you cannot hold for longer?

Don't care. I will walk to the middle of the woods and pee behind a tree if I have to. 

5 hours ago, Angusburger said:

That’s terrible and scary to think about.  Did anything happen after the prank? Would you hold it even if it’s another 2-3 hours? 

I would to be honest. I'd have to be painfully desperate with no other choice to use a portaloo as I really really hate them. 

He was fine but he was covered in blue chemicals and no one would sit near him on the coach home. Now it's a story the family like to laugh about frequently! 

9 hours ago, Angusburger said:

Nope! I'm pretty egalitarian. If a guy can whip it out to pee outside, I should be able to, too, damn it! 

Besides I only have like 4 men in my life outside of a professional circle, and that's if I count my dad. None of them I'd be particularly worried about seeing what I have to offer. I can always find a bush or tree to squat behind. 

Knowing the time it takes between my urge to start and when I cannot hold anymore, "wait an extra hour" is not even a choice for me. I also wouldn't want to use a porta potty either, because from my experience, they're all absolutely disgusting and smell horrid. 

If I was able I'd hold it for as long as needed to avoid a porta potty, even if it began to hurt, but in all honesty, almost every time I've been presented with the choice to use one in the past, like, 11 years or so, I would rather just wet myself.

In my case it would come down to an equation weighing how badly I have to go to the bathroom versus how disgusting the porta potty is. If I had to go really bad unless the porta potty was extremely just horrifying I would probably suck it up and use it. But if it was really disgusting and I didn't have to go so bad I would probably just hold it as long as I felt I would be at a toilet in a reasonable amount of time.

On 9/21/2020 at 8:05 PM, DesperateJill said:

In my case it would come down to an equation weighing how badly I have to go to the bathroom versus how disgusting the porta potty is. If I had to go really bad unless the porta potty was extremely just horrifying I would probably suck it up and use it. But if it was really disgusting and I didn't have to go so bad I would probably just hold it as long as I felt I would be at a toilet in a reasonable amount of time.

Exactly, me too. Or if there's somewhere hidden enough outside I'll go there as a preference.

2 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I do think everything should be put into context though. Like right now I am at my job without toilets and if there was an outhouse available or a porta potty and it was overflowing and there were bugs flying around I think I'd still slammed my ass down on it rather than wait another 2 1/2 hours to relieve myself!

You posted this 2 hours ago... oh dios mio ❤️

12 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I do think everything should be put into context though. Like right now I am at my job without toilets and if there was an outhouse available or a porta potty and it was overflowing and there were bugs flying around I think I'd still slammed my ass down on it rather than wait another 2 1/2 hours to relieve myself!

What if it is like a festival where porta potties are unisex and its men in front of you who will pee all over the seatt--> would you still be willing to go? I saw a female at a fair once that refused to go after making it to the front cause guys peed all over the place inside. If you dont go you need to hold for an extra hour or two. 

Do you ever leak at work because your work seems hard on the bladder and if I was there I probably leak

"What if it is like a festival where porta potties are unisex and its men in front of you who will pee all over the seatt--> would you still be willing to go? I saw a female at a fair once that refused to go after making it to the front cause guys peed all over the place inside. If you dont go you need to hold for an extra hour or two."

I haven't really attended many outdoor festivals that I can remember except maybe as a child which I barely remember. But if there were pee all over the seat the only way I would use it as if it was a choice between that or wetting myself. So I would probably end up holding it a long time rather than sitting on a wet seat. A couple of times I have sat on a wet seat unintentionally and it was not pleasant.

"Do you ever leak at work because your work seems hard on the bladder and if I was there I probably leak"

Fortunately no, but believe me by the end of the day I am ready to run for that toilet and ready to explode all over myself! I would say the last couple of hours of work I am definitely sitting with my legs crossed and squirming around.