Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Hypnosis

9 hours ago, strokeknight2 said:

I've found the most success after really learning to relax and go deep into trance. It takes practice. And the more you listen to a file and get used to responding to certain cues, the easier it gets. 

So far my only experience with hypnosis has been a stage show and a few sessions with a hypnotherapist.  Do you know if there's a difference between those and a recorded audio files? It occurred to me after reading your post that it may not be the exact same experience.

8 hours ago, silvermoon said:

So far my only experience with hypnosis has been a stage show and a few sessions with a hypnotherapist.  Do you know if there's a difference between those and a recorded audio files? It occurred to me after reading your post that it may not be the exact same experience.

Stage shows are shows. Entertainment. Audio hypnosis is more like a guided meditation. Your eyes are closed. You're relaxed. You are not doing anything you don't want to do (dancing like a chicken...). It's about imagining the experience, and feeling it, and nothing else in the world exists.

The key behind hypnosis is your mind has to want to be swayed by it. I've tried it once or twice, but because I generally don't believe in those "quackery" things and my subconscious is not open to it, it's never done anything for me. (It also doesn't help that I rarely have the quiet, no-distraction 2-3 hours you really need for a proper session.)

I really do wish it would do something for me though. Legitimately losing conscious control of my bladder is something I've wanted to experience for years.

Edited by DakotaDriver
forgot (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Some people are more susceptible to hypnosis than others; it's called being a good "subject" and different methodologies have a lot to do with it. I would recommend actually researching the background theory behind hypnosis at first, but then I've had a thing for hypnotism for ages and not everyone has the patience to sift through thirty-odd books on the topic to find useful information in the same way I have.

4 hours ago, silvermoon said:

What is it that makes a good subject? I wound up listening to an audio track my friend bought for himself. He listened to it five times and it didn't work at all. I listened to it once and it worked like a charm.

Among other things:

- Being more imaginative lets one 'experience' the file's descriptions more vividly

- Being open-minded lets one accept both that hypnosis is possible and its results, and being willing to try it

- Not all files work the same for everyone, or can even be considered genuine hypnosis files

For this specific file, you probably want to start with 'deepeners,' or another induction to make you more susceptible. I've found that listening when only partially awake helps.

Additionally, you may want to try video or text-based hypnosis if audio has no effect. There's a whole subreddit about this stuff https://old.reddit.com/r/erotichypnosis

9 hours ago, silvermoon said:

What is it that makes a good subject? I wound up listening to an audio track my friend bought for himself. He listened to it five times and it didn't work at all. I listened to it once and it worked like a charm.

I agree with everything @Empeeror said. I am also very sensitive to audio quality and how creepy the voice sounds. If there is hissing, or background sounds, or other low production quality issues, I can't relax enough to get into it. Some guys voices also creep me out. I prefer female voices for this reason. They seem gentler and it's easier for me to relax and sink into trance. Everyone is different though!

• 1 month later...