Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is it wrong to wear diapers around people?

I’ve been wearing diapers for about 9 years now, they are not a necessity. I just love the feeling of wearing and using them, and especially the convenience aspect. They have only become more of apart of my life as the years have gone on. I’ve started to wear to work, when I go out, and the like. I keep it all very discreet and don’t go out of my way to actively involve passerbys or co-workers and such in my fetish. However I do openly wear among my friends sometimes, and I go as far to not wear pants and wet (not mess) around them. They say they don’t really care and they are fine with it. Is it morally wrong to do this? Lately I’ve just been thinking I feel like I’m pushing my diaper love too much on non-abdl people. Does anyone else do this?

Edited by diaperboy8008 (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's wrong though a lot of people in the diaper "community" would disagree.  Openly wearing diapers with no pants around people isn't something that I would personally do but as long as your friends are ok with it then I don't see the issue.  I wear diapers discreetly under my pants around friends all the time,  though sometimes not so discreetly depending on how much I have wet it.  I have never been caught or called out but I am very aware that at least one of my friends has figured it out based on the amount of times I have been in diapers around him.  He's never said anything and is still willing to hang out with me so no matter what he does know he clearly doesn't see an issue with it either. 

Guest tortoise

If your friends are okay with it I wouldn’t worry or beat yourself up over it too much, they obviously don’t mind. How nice that you have friends like that 🙂 It’s nice that you’re able to trust them enough to show them this part of yourself. I think it all comes down to trying not to put yourself in other people’s boundaries too much (if that makes sense?) I mean in the sense of, if wearing/using diapers is a sexual thing for you, then using them with the knowledge it would turn you on, and involving your friends in that aspect of it, is iffy. But to wear them for comfort and use them discreetly, would be okay.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:09 PM, diaperboy8008 said:

I’ve been wearing diapers for about 9 years now, they are not a necessity. I just love the feeling of wearing and using them, and especially the convenience aspect. They have only become more of apart of my life as the years have gone on. I’ve started to wear to work, when I go out, and the like. I keep it all very discreet and don’t go out of my way to actively involve passerbys or co-workers and such in my fetish. However I do openly wear among my friends sometimes, and I go as far to not wear pants and wet (not mess) around them. They say they don’t really care and they are fine with it. Is it morally wrong to do this? Lately I’ve just been thinking I feel like I’m pushing my diaper love too much on non-abdl people. Does anyone else do this?

I don’t do this because I am very discreet. I am certain my friends would stop hanging around me if they knew about this kink. You are very lucky. If your friends do not care and consent then don’t worry. Unless they seem uneasy then no worries. From how they sound they would have said something by now if it was a problem. Unless there’s more you haven’t said I think you’re fine and incredibly lucky to have friends like that.

• 2 months later...

I used to wear diapers a few times a year but never in a way that people would notice. Then I suffered a spinal cord injury the first signs of which were a loss of bowel control and inability to urinate. I had to and continue to use catheters to drain my bladder. I was in my bed one afternoon during rehab and contemplated my situation. I had been in an horrific black ice auto accident with serious head trauma, I had the spinal cord injury, I had a broken right (dominant) arm but it would heal. I concluded I was very fortunate and if I had to spend the rest of my life in diapers that was a small price to pay. I’ve been in diapers for over 31 years so far. Only my caretakers seem aware. I resumed my professional career 9 months later wearing diapers every day and sometimes changing during the day. 

Let’s walk through a mall and imagine what underwear some people sport. With maybe 20 elderly here, some must need diapers. Some toddlers enjoying the play area have obvious diaper bulges. Certainly some women wear thongs (maybe some guys). Some teens and twenty-somethings go commando (minimum equipment – no underwear – in deep history most all town-market goers lacked undies). From that evangelical’s look a person should wear multiple thick clothing over sexual areas. Thick insures no personal outline shows (diapers seem perfect – a girlfriend’s sister thought this way). Wouldn’t you bet that “rebel” girl wears imitation-lipstick-over-anus panties? That young lady over there looks like a peekaboo fishnet or lace sort.

Maybe no foundation-garment standard exists. Not likely anyone will look up your kilt and object to your taste.

As others have said, as long as you're being discreet and not trying to force it on anyone, it's perfectly fine!

Just don't do silly things like mess yourself in an elevator with a bunch of other people around, or pull down your pants and flash a bunch of people at the mall, lol.

Just as well, know your limits if you're wetting anywhere public, so you don't risk leaking on any seats or anything (as not only would this probably be humiliating for you, you definitely don't want to leave a mess behind for someone else to clean up, or worse yet sit in)

Other than that, I see no problem with it, and the fact that you're concerned enough to ask shows that you're a thoughtful and good person; not amoral at all.

• The topic was featured
  • 3 months later...

I have had some experience with wearing around others who weren't into it. But I was also living with them and told them about it. So they were cool with it. I can't really answer for the not telling anyone part though. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. But I know that some people might be weirded out by it. That was why I told my roommates about it. 

One thing to keep in mind - people who wear diapers or are fond of diapers will recognize the tell-tale signs of diapers much more easily than people who do not.    As long as you are discreet (no ridiculous bulges or loud crinkling noises) you can wear a diaper just fine.  If you do anticipate wetting, use some body spray or fragrance so you don't smell.  Urine doesn't smell that bad right away.

Messing a diaper is something to be avoided, obviously.  Imagine someone farting non-stop - that's not very polite.

Most of it has been said, but here's my two cents anyway:

It's not necessarily wrong. Plenty of people have genuine incontinence issues and need to wear them. If people aren't bothered by that, then there's no reason why they'd be bothered by you wearing a diaper. It's not like anyone can tell by looking whether you really need your diapers or not.

Having said that, the sight of a diaper on an adult can make some people feel uncomfortable, so do try to be a little discreet. Especially be discreet about the fetish side of things, because that will make a lot of people uncomfortable if they realize what it is. (Just imagine yourself being confronted with a different fetish that you don't share, by a random coworker or family member) I'm sure you wouldn't feel too comfortable knowing about that. Even if you would, most people wouldn't. Some things are better off being kept private.

Thirdly, even the incontinent are usually very aware and careful of odors. Don't bother people with your smells if you can prevent it. I've heard of people who would intentionally mess their diaper in a crowded store. That would really cross the line if you ask me.

Finally, different places have different rules and laws about what is considered lewd behavior. Keep yourself out of trouble by staying on the right side of whatever laws apply.

Use your own best judgment.

Edited by Dutchdreamer (see edit history)