Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Ordered diapers first time

-- Use powder and/or zinc oxide cream (e.g. desitin) to avoid rashes or chafing if you plan to wear for several hours at a time and/or mess, especially if you expect to be doing a good bit of rubbing in the meantime 😉. I'm speaking from experience as I am currently taking a break from wearing due to recently engaging in such activities a bit too vigorously without taking the recommended precautions.

-- Wearing underwear/compression shorts over your diaper can help conceal it if you plan on going out in public. Plastic pants will also help safeguard against leaks and contain the smell to a degree if you happen to be soggy for a while. Try to avoid messing in public if possible.

-- If you want to double up, cut some slits in the outer backing of the inner diaper (careful to avoid cutting all the way through, the gel grains get sticky when wet and can be annoying to clean up if they get everywhere/on you). This will allow more even distribution and absorption of liquids throughout both layers of padding, alleviating pressure on the leg gathers and therefore preventing leaks for longer.

-- Massagers/vibrators work great for 'fun times'; whether waterproof and used inside your padding or improvised and used overtop, they get the job done no matter your gender. Just make sure they are powerful enough.

-- I personally enjoy it when I can wear back-to-back for a day or more, using them whenever I felt the urge as if I were completely incontinent and the toilet were off-limits, though it is quite rare for me to get the alone time necessary to play out this fantasy. 

-- Try to change (and shower, if you don't have purpose-made wipes)  soon after messing if you plan on doing that sort of thing and want to avoid a rash. I once decided to experiment and went slightly under 2 days without doing so; the resulting rash was painful enough to make masturbation almost unenjoyable for around a week IIRC.

-- The sticky tapes that many adult brands have don't hold very well after maybe 1-2 refastenings. Velcro tabs are usually better for refastening, though the abdl brands that have wide tabs and 'landing strips' tend to have better grip than other similarly sticky-tape-reliant products.

-- For discreet disposal, roll up used diapers and put them in individual, opaque bags (e.g. dog poop bags, dark colored plastic grocery bags, etc.). Tie/seal the bags preferably in a way that is airtight to cut down on the smell (maybe toss in a clorox wipe or spritz with febreeze before you seal the bag, as a bonus). Hide the bag until you can dispose of it with the regular trash (preferably no longer than a week).

-- Clorox wipes and isopropyl alcohol are pretty good at combatting the smell from surfaces or fabrics, respectively, that have been in contact/proximity with used diapers. Better yet, get some of that pet odor remover stuff.

-- Put down a towel or get a mattress protector if you plan to use them extensively in bed, just in case they leak (know their capacity).

-- I'm not sure how important this is or if it's this way for all 4-tabbed diapers, but abenas are apparently intended to be taped on such that the leg tabs are angled upward and the waist tabs downward, possibly even overlapping the leg tabs, as detailed in their instruction video.

-- I usually put on such diapers while lying on my back, and fasten the leg tabs first to ensure a good, even seal.

That's all that comes to mind right now... Anyone else: feel free to suggest different approaches, I'm just speaking from my own limited experience and am also interested in any other tips y'all would like to volunteer.