Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Would you lock a ladies room or have been locked out of one?

This goes along with the topic about delaying people from the restroom but is kind of more extreme. So my question here is has anyone here ever purposely locked the ladies room to keep women from going to the bathroom or putting out of order sign on the door or do something along those lines, or have you ever been the victim of such a malicious prank yourself? How did you feel?

There was this guy I used to talk to who would tell me about was how he liked putting plastic spiders in women's toilets and liked the idea of perhaps locking a ladies room or putting out of order signs on the door so that the women would be without a bathroom all day. In fact it was these discussions that years later inspired my first desperation novella, The Great Locked Ladies Room Caper, about two guys and a girl into female desperation plotting to lock a ladies room as a mean prank, and my favorite lines in the entire novella which I think summed up this guy's attitude altogether and how he just didn't seem to get certain things about female desperation.

"Well at least something good came out of it," James said. "But think of how great it would be to see an entire park full of desperate people for hours on end, all those women dancing around and squirming going out of their minds looking for a bathroom."
"I have to admit that is pretty funny," Jack said. "Come on Jill, even you have to admit that the whole idea of that is rather hilarious."
Jill couldn't help but burst out laughing. "Okay I'll be the first to admit it, it really is fucking hilarious, and even I cannot deny that. It's evil, but sometimes the evilest pranks are the funniest ones. Honestly the whole idea is somewhat ingenious and I have to applaud your brilliance in thinking of such a nefarious plan. But I do just have one teensy-weensy little problem with it."
James scratched his head. "What am I forgetting?"
Jill rolled her eyes. "You don't see a problem with this?"
James shook his head once again. "No, the whole plan actually seems pretty well thought out; I don't see any possible flaws with the plan."
Jill stood there tapping her foot. "Really, you don't see a single flaw with the plan? What was I just sort of lecturing you guys about not long ago? You don't see a problem here?"
Jack and James looked at each other shrugged their shoulders and shook their heads.
"Really you guys don't see a problem here perhaps from my perspective at the idea of you guys locking the women's restroom?" Jill suddenly started dancing around and put her hands up to her breasts and started jingling them around and then did a flip of her hair before spinning around. "I'm a woman numbskulls! If you lock all of the ladies rooms up as well as the men's room, then what am I supposed to do?! You totally were oblivious to the fact that while you were planning this whole lock the ladies room scheme up that the third co-conspirator in your group is a woman, a woman with a practical need to urinate at some point over the course of the entire day!"
James laughed. "Oh wow, I guess I forgot about that."
"Of course you did, you guys never seem to think about anything other than seeing women desperate!" Jill said as she pointed to herself. "I on the other hand have to consider the practical implications of all these evil little plans we think of. Granted I will admit that it's a hilarious idea, but you can see why it wouldn't work out well for me."

For the record this never happened to me but it did happen in my novella! https://www.amazon.com/dp/1797699636

Only in fantasies, something that happen the other day made me think what would have happened if somebody had been to the bathroom or if it was locked would the person waited outside or gone to the bathroom 5-6 min further in to our workplace, not sure how badly the person had to go, would there have been dancing outside or just no signs at all?
I would love to do something like that if I only think whit the reptile brain but I wouldn't really do it. Maybe to close people, saw a video of a guy who locked the bathroom as a prank on his girlfriend who often came home in a hurry. There is a line between an okay prank and something competently out of line.
Real female desperation turn me on like nothing else but I don't want to hurt people. 

"Only in fantasies, something that happen the other day made me think what would have happened if somebody had been to the bathroom or if it was locked would the person waited outside or gone to the bathroom 5-6 min further in to our workplace, not sure how badly the person had to go, would there have been dancing outside or just no signs at all?"

What would you have done in that situation if someone locked you out?

"I would love to do something like that if I only think whit the reptile brain but I wouldn't really do it. Maybe to close people, saw a video of a guy who locked the bathroom as a prank on his girlfriend who often came home in a hurry. There is a line between an okay prank and something competently out of line.
Real female desperation turn me on like nothing else but I don't want to hurt people."

I think there is a difference between playing a prank on your friend and maybe doing it to a whole bunch of unsuspecting people such as depriving a bunch of women from the bathroom for the rest of the day.

Like in my novella my reptile brain thinks it would be fun to lock women out of the bathroom, but as I said in that excerpt of dialogue it wouldn't really work out well for me because at some point I would have to use that bathroom! But if some guys locked the ladies rooms on me I think I would be very deeply annoyed at them. I might grudgingly see the humor in it, but if I was without a bathroom all day because of them I would still be pretty damn pissed, no pun intended!

But again that dialogue was inspired by real conversations with that guy who said if we were out someplace together wouldn't it be pretty fun to lock the ladies restroom and wouldn't that be hilarious? And I couldn't get it through his head, yes it would be fun for you, but what about when I, a patron of the ladies room, had to go to the bathroom! I think when it's not you are bathroom getting locked that gives you more license to be a Dick about it!

I've had the opportunity to do this in the past, but never actually did. Back when I worked in a garden center there was a single staff toilet in the break room which had an old-fashioned door that could only be locked with a key. The key was always left in the lock on the inside of the door so obviously someone using the toilet would lock it to stop others walking in on them by mistake. Would have been easy to take the key, lock the door from the outside and put the key in my pocket, but I felt it was unfair to do this as that was the only staff toilet and someone could have a genuine accident. One of the supervisors actually locked this toilet all day because we had an issue with the water supply and she was worried that people would use the toilet out of desperation and wouldn't be able to flush. Instead we all had to walk about 10 minutes to the opposite side of the site, where we could use the toilets in a different building.

I'll admit that once while attending a student business event at my university that was held in a very old, maze-like building, I took down a temporary paper sign that someone had stuck to the wall which pointed the way to the toilets. There actually weren't any toilets on the level we were on and the closest ones were down a long corridor, down two sets of stairs to the basement level, then down another long corridor but were very difficult to find. That one did actually lead to a few people wandering the corridors aimlessly before desperately asking the organisers where the toilets were, including a giggly group of female students who had been presenting at a stand all morning and were all quite vocal about how badly they needed a wee but couldn't find the loos! I didn't actually hide the sign but just put it face down on the floor so it looked like it had just fallen off the wall, by the afternoon somebody had stuck it back up so I didn't feel too guilty. Karma got me though as I ended up drinking too much orange juice, tea and coffee over lunch, didn't get chance to go to the toilet before the afternoon session so I ended up stuck presenting my final year project at my stand all afternoon to representatives from all these big tech companies while absolutely bursting for a piss!   

"I've had the opportunity to do this in the past, but never actually did. Back when I worked in a garden center there was a single staff toilet in the break room which had an old-fashioned door that could only be locked with a key. The key was always left in the lock on the inside of the door so obviously someone using the toilet would lock it to stop others walking in on them by mistake. Would have been easy to take the key, lock the door from the outside and put the key in my pocket, but I felt it was unfair to do this as that was the only staff toilet and someone could have a genuine accident. One of the supervisors actually locked this toilet all day because we had an issue with the water supply and she was worried that people would use the toilet out of desperation and wouldn't be able to flush. Instead we all had to walk about 10 minutes to the opposite side of the site, where we could use the toilets in a different building."

This reminds me of something I saw posted on a website when I first starting looking into deseration that hit me so powerfully in caps no less: "GIRLS, REMEMBER WHEN THE BOYS' RESTROOM DOOR GOT LOCKED, AND NOBODY COULD GET IN ALL DAY AND THEY THOUGHT THE ONLY KEY WAS LOST...?" I thought what if it were the girls restroom?!

But I understand the convenience or rather the inconvenience of a restroom being far away because when I was in college I used to spend my time in the third floor of the library with all of my male friends and cousins and everything like that you went to the same college. But this was really annoying because the ladies room only existed on the first floor but they had a men's room on every single floor, so every time I wanted to go down to the bathroom I would have to go down several floors which usually resulted in me waiting until I really had to go pretty badly, where as my other friends just use the men's room on the third floor. So having to go long out of your way to use the bathroom can be a real nuisance.

But I have to say, it really was rather annoying that they had three restrooms for men in the library but only one for the women! It almost reminded me of an article that they published in the college newspaper about how a woman who is pregnant in the 1950s got fired from her job and then they only recently admitted they made a mistake. I am thinking you know I think that you are still stuck in the 1950s when it comes to bathroom access at this college!

"I'll admit that once while attending a student business event at my university that was held in a very old, maze-like building, I took down a temporary paper sign that someone had stuck to the wall which pointed the way to the toilets. There actually weren't any toilets on the level we were on and the closest ones were down a long corridor, down two sets of stairs to the basement level, then down another long corridor but were very difficult to find. That one did actually lead to a few people wandering the corridors aimlessly before desperately asking the organisers where the toilets were, including a giggly group of female students who had been presenting at a stand all morning and were all quite vocal about how badly they needed a wee but couldn't find the loos! I didn't actually hide the sign but just put it face down on the floor so it looked like it had just fallen off the wall, by the afternoon somebody had stuck it back up so I didn't feel too guilty. Karma got me though as I ended up drinking too much orange juice, tea and coffee over lunch, didn't get chance to go to the toilet before the afternoon session so I ended up stuck presenting my final year project at my stand all afternoon to representatives from all these big tech companies while absolutely bursting for a piss!"

I have to admit that I find that funny but if I were one of those girls who wasn't able to find the bathroom I would be quite aggravated and would probably punch you in the arm for that! I mean if I knew who did it that was, which of course I wouldn't. So I applaud you for your ingenious prank and I can't blame you for that even if it would have put people in a situation of discomfort.

And oh my God you are right that karma is real and I am learning that the hard way. One of my favorite activities used to be chatting with other women when they are in situations where they can go to the bathroom and teasing and torturing the hell out of them. Seeing women in a situation where they couldn't go to the bathroom for whatever reason was one of my favorite desperation situations to take advantage of.

Skip forward to now, guess who has a job where they have no bathroom access all day and is forced to hold it in and where all of those women who I used to chat with are now chatting with me but with the situation reversed?! So yeah, karma's a bitch and poetic justice is always good as a literary device but when it happens to you it is quite infuriating!

Also it also comes back in greater magnitude. Sure I teased those women occasionally from time to time when they couldn't get to a bathroom, but now I am at a job where I never have bathroom access and I have to chat with them while they are inches away from their own toilets. So be careful what you do the universe has a way of having a sense of humor in getting you back!

5 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

What would you have done in that situation if someone locked you out?

Well, if I didn't know somebody wasn't in there I would most likely wait and if nobody came out I would find some other place. I am rather lucky that I have a not to shabby bladder so I don't really get in to bad situation. The most I hat to pee recently was when I just didn't use the bathroom all night at work drinking somewhere north of 2 liters during the 8 hours. Why? Because my crush at work was really tired and I found this "5 tips to stay awake" one of them was drinking allot because it wakes you up and makes you need to pee, it is hard to fall asleep if you need to pee, tried to get her and another workmate to follow that tip, they didn't but I did for funzies even if I don't enjoy having a filled bladder myself. 

One of the reasons why I am so curious is, I don't know how badly she had to pee when I teased her, and if the door was locked would she wait or not as the next bathroom was least 5 min walk away, would there be any dancing as the only signs she showed was very mild

"Well, if I didn't know somebody wasn't in there I would most likely wait and if nobody came out I would find some other place. I am rather lucky that I have a not to shabby bladder so I don't really get in to bad situation. The most I hat to pee recently was when I just didn't use the bathroom all night at work drinking somewhere north of 2 liters during the 8 hours. Why? Because my crush at work was really tired and I found this "5 tips to stay awake" one of them was drinking allot because it wakes you up and makes you need to pee, it is hard to fall asleep if you need to pee, tried to get her and another workmate to follow that tip, they didn't but I did for funzies even if I don't enjoy having a filled bladder myself."

I can't sleep if I have to pee even a little either.

I shut the doors locked on a school trip (it was a small group) because I thought they were supposed to be locked overnight in case of any vandalism from people oustide of where we were staying. I wake up the next morning most of the people in foul moods, super pissed off at me because they were locked and needed to go. What's also crazy was that i had never thought ahead of the fact that people needed it in the morning! 

I love pee desperation, but I am not into preventing people from going or anything else torturous. So this was an experience I didn't even ask for haha.... 

No I wouldn't do it, and besides pretty much all restrooms i've come across are designed in a way that you can't lock them without being inside them yourself(because you have to hold the knob a certain way to get it to lock, and if you're trying to close the door from the outside it won't work) anyways.

This has given me a good idea for a story though: "a woman in a maze-like university building is tired of long lines for the main ladies room and finds another one in a dead-end hallway(think like the unfinished hallway at MIT:http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/1998/coyote/ ) but not wanting others to discover it and have to deal with more long lines she comes up with a plan- put an "out of order" sign on the door so that way she won't have to deal with any more lines as nobody else but her will know the truth.  Then one day her friends get super desperate and she feels bad for them and shows them the secret ladies room, only to find out that this time it really is out of order(as her sign led to custodial staff discovering problems that needed fixing) so they end up having to search the maze-like building for another restroom"

Edited by LifeIsStrange (see edit history)

"I shut the doors locked on a school trip (it was a small group) because I thought they were supposed to be locked overnight in case of any vandalism from people oustide of where we were staying. I wake up the next morning most of the people in foul moods, super pissed off at me because they were locked and needed to go. What's also crazy was that i had never thought ahead of the fact that people needed it in the morning! 

I love pee desperation, but I am not into preventing people from going or anything else torturous. So this was an experience I didn't even ask for haha...."

This reminds me of a story that I read somewhere about where somebody put like a coin or something in a door of a dormitory bathroom or that they somehow managed to lock all of the people into their dorms in the morning and they were all going crazy because all the girls had to pee really bad and they started playing in their garbage cans because they couldn't get out to go to the bathroom! I have to admit that's a pretty hilarious story just like yours is.

"No I wouldn't do it, and besides pretty much all restrooms i've come across are designed in a way that you can't lock them without being inside them yourself(because you have to hold the knob a certain way to get it to lock, and if you're trying to close the door from the outside it won't work) anyways."

I remember I did one see this clip on YouTube or something like that all the stall lock them from the inside and then crawled out underneath the stalls. I personally would want to crawl around on a dirty floor like that but I thought that was quite brilliant and even if it was a totally bitchy thing to do because it's going to be very hard to open up those bathrooms for anyone who tries. I certainly don't want to try to crawl under the stall while your bladder is bursting!

"This has given me a good idea for a story though: "a woman in a maze-like university building is tired of long lines for the main ladies room and finds another one in a dead-end hallway(think like the unfinished hallway at MIT:http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/1998/coyote/ ) but not wanting others to discover it and have to deal with more long lines she comes up with a plan- put an "out of order" sign on the door so that way she won't have to deal with any more lines as nobody else but her will know the truth.  Then one day her friends get super desperate and she feels bad for them and shows them the secret ladies room, only to find out that this time it really is out of order(as her sign led to custodial staff discovering problems that needed fixing) so they end up having to search the maze-like building for another restroom"

I think that's a pretty good story because I we have all been in a situation I have to really go searching for bathrooms and cannot find one like at this doctor's office that I go to where it so easy to get lost.

This also made me think of an idea for a similar story about like a gender swap version of that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry was lost in the parking garage and couldn't find a bathroom. It would be interesting to see a woman in a situation like that as it wouldn't be as easy for her to relieve herself without being really obvious.

On 8/13/2020 at 5:12 AM, DesperateJill said:

"I shut the doors locked on a school trip (it was a small group) because I thought they were supposed to be locked overnight in case of any vandalism from people oustide of where we were staying. I wake up the next morning most of the people in foul moods, super pissed off at me because they were locked and needed to go. What's also crazy was that i had never thought ahead of the fact that people needed it in the morning! 

I love pee desperation, but I am not into preventing people from going or anything else torturous. So this was an experience I didn't even ask for haha...."

This reminds me of a story that I read somewhere about where somebody put like a coin or something in a door of a dormitory bathroom or that they somehow managed to lock all of the people into their dorms in the morning and they were all going crazy because all the girls had to pee really bad and they started playing in their garbage cans because they couldn't get out to go to the bathroom! I have to admit that's a pretty hilarious story just like yours is.

"No I wouldn't do it, and besides pretty much all restrooms i've come across are designed in a way that you can't lock them without being inside them yourself(because you have to hold the knob a certain way to get it to lock, and if you're trying to close the door from the outside it won't work) anyways."

I remember I did one see this clip on YouTube or something like that all the stall lock them from the inside and then crawled out underneath the stalls. I personally would want to crawl around on a dirty floor like that but I thought that was quite brilliant and even if it was a totally bitchy thing to do because it's going to be very hard to open up those bathrooms for anyone who tries. I certainly don't want to try to crawl under the stall while your bladder is bursting!

"This has given me a good idea for a story though: "a woman in a maze-like university building is tired of long lines for the main ladies room and finds another one in a dead-end hallway(think like the unfinished hallway at MIT:http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/1998/coyote/ ) but not wanting others to discover it and have to deal with more long lines she comes up with a plan- put an "out of order" sign on the door so that way she won't have to deal with any more lines as nobody else but her will know the truth.  Then one day her friends get super desperate and she feels bad for them and shows them the secret ladies room, only to find out that this time it really is out of order(as her sign led to custodial staff discovering problems that needed fixing) so they end up having to search the maze-like building for another restroom"

I think that's a pretty good story because I we have all been in a situation I have to really go searching for bathrooms and cannot find one like at this doctor's office that I go to where it so easy to get lost.

This also made me think of an idea for a similar story about like a gender swap version of that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry was lost in the parking garage and couldn't find a bathroom. It would be interesting to see a woman in a situation like that as it wouldn't be as easy for her to relieve herself without being really obvious.

Yeah i'd be totally onboard with you doing a gender-swap version of that premise.

"Yeah i'd be totally onboard with you doing a gender-swap version of that premise."

I always really liked that episode because it's one of the few mainstream TV show episodes that was really revolving around the fact that a character was desperate to pee, but as a female desperation fan of course I think it would have been much more screamingly hilarious to see Elaine being the one who had to pee! So when I get around to writing it will take that sort of as the premise, one woman with three guys and maybe the guys can all be relieving themselves but she can't do it without being really obvious so she is determined to hold it.

5 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

"Yeah i'd be totally onboard with you doing a gender-swap version of that premise."

I always really liked that episode because it's one of the few mainstream TV show episodes that was really revolving around the fact that a character was desperate to pee, but as a female desperation fan of course I think it would have been much more screamingly hilarious to see Elaine being the one who had to pee! So when I get around to writing it will take that sort of as the premise, one woman with three guys and maybe the guys can all be relieving themselves but she can't do it without being really obvious so she is determined to hold it.

Cool i look forward to reading it!  There was actually one episode where Elaine was desperate to pee on a plane, that was pretty hot.

"Cool i look forward to reading it!  There was actually one episode where Elaine was desperate to pee on a plane, that was pretty hot."

I had completely forgotten about that, you are right there was that episode where she was desperate on the plane and she encountered all sorts of obstacles in getting to the bathroom, only for the bathroom to then smell terrible when she decided to go into it! Seinfeld actually had quite a few mentions of bathrooms what with George and his constant obsession with toilets, so I guess it was groundbreaking in that regard as well.

But it would have been more interesting to see Elaine desperate on a regular basis and I am getting all sorts of ideas for my parking garage story on that basis, so maybe I will even write that later tonight and maybe post it in my blog tomorrow.

"I quite liked it wouldn't mind seeing you do more omo fanfiction for other TV shows."

I have to admit this story was a rare exception, in general I'm not really the hugest fan of fanfiction, as I don't really like working with other peoples characters. In fact I never specifically referenced Seinfeld directly in this even though it was directly based on a Seinfeld episode. I just thought the idea of a woman desperate in that similar situation would be a good idea, so I decided to give the characters the same names and follow a similar plot. I think it works pretty well but in general I probably wouldn't make this a trend. I prefer to create my own characters in most cases, but I thought this worked well as a parody of a Seinfeld episode.

With my non-omorashi writing that I write under my own name I do a lot of parodies of Twilight Zone episodes and other stuff like that since I mostly write science fiction, but I prefer to do parodies rather than direct fanfiction or anything like that. To me there is a difference between parodying something and just taking characters and doing what you want with them.

• 2 months later...