Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

malefemale it's getting too easy to wet in bed

I've been wearing diapers to bed a lot lately since I'm drinking tons of water during the day for my diet. I don't want to keep getting up to pee at night. I usually don't have trouble peeing when I'm lying down, but I've been noticing that as soon as I wake up needing to go, I'm able to completely let go and fall right back asleep. I don't even think about it. It just happens.

I don't wear every night though, so I put a waterproof blanket down and I sleep on that. I'm worried I'll wake up enough to pee when I'm not wearing a diaper, because I'm so used to peeing in bed now. 

Has anyone else had a real accident because you thought you were diapered?

Yes.  Now I always diaper up before bed.  But one night years ago half asleep (dreaming?) thinking I was diapered I started to pee.  Didn’t feel right!  Could feel the wetness spreading beneath me!!  Immediately stopped and finished in the bathroom.

I tell myself I could stop.  But for me waking up, quietly using my diaper and going back to sleep night after night has morphed into regular sleep wetting.

• 4 weeks later...

You are living my dream. I've always got to fight with my bladder most nights it seems, which isn't a bad thing, but annoying when I want to enjoy it.  It's compounded by the fact that I can't wear super regularly, only once in a while. 

I have once dreamt about waking up to wet my diaper, but when I woke up in the morning, I was totally dry. Very weird experience. However, so far no accidental "thought I was diapered" wettings... not that I'd be complaining if it happened of course.

I've never had an issue with this, but recently I've had a lot more opportunities to be padded close to 24/7 and a few nights ago I actually did start wetting while not padded. I wasn't fully asleep - woke up a tiny bit but still mostly out and began peeing. The feeling of pee trickling over my hip woke me fully, and I easily stopped and got up to go to the bathroom but it did spook me a bit. There was a large, grapefruit size wet spot on my boxer briefs and much smaller spot on the sheets.

I love being padded and easily wetting in bed while padded is super nice - it's something I've struggled with for a while, getting my body to let go while laying down in bed. But the inconvenience of legitimate incontinence is not something I want.

Since I started wearing diapers, I've only wet the bed once when I was not diapered. I think it's cause most of the time I'm too scared to fully let go since I'm always afraid of leaks when diapered. And any time I do, aside from putting on a fresh diaper and flooding it first thing, I usually leaks even while on my back and taking every precaution possible.

The one time I did wet the bed, it was kinda like how a child would usually wet the bed where I was dreaming I was using the toilet or needing to pee and I let go. I caught it super quick and ran to the washroom to finish peeing. Nothing to do with thinking I was diapered or not unfortunately.

I feel I'm no where near the point of wetting the bed with ease but I feel this is something that can happen naturally with age and practice.

16 minutes ago, polaryoshi said:

I think it's cause most of the time I'm too scared to fully let go since I'm always afraid of leaks when diapered. And any time I do, aside from putting on a fresh diaper and flooding it first thing, I usually leaks even while on my back and taking every precaution possible.

I  used to struggle with the same thing. The only way I've found to prevent leaks is the 'aim' down when I tape up the diaper so I'm peeing into the middle of the padding and not up toward the top. And to prevent things from moving when I sleep, I wear boxer briefs over the diaper to make sure it's nice and snug. If I don't to both of those things, I leak every time.

1 minute ago, strokeknight2 said:

I  used to struggle with the same thing. The only way I've found to prevent leaks is the 'aim' down when I tape up the diaper so I'm peeing into the middle of the padding and not up toward the top. And to prevent things from moving when I sleep, I wear boxer briefs over the diaper to make sure it's nice and snug. If I don't to both of those things, I leak every time.

Thanks for the advice. The odd thing is, I do aim down and it still happens. I think it has more to do with how much I wet first thing in the morning (or how big my morning pee is) and how forceful the stream is. Usually I'll leak when standing up and going in my diaper right by my bed (usually in a soaked diaper already). 

Still, may try putting briefs over my diaper before sleeping tonight and see if that makes a difference.

I really don't wear enough that I think this is an issue for me.

But with that said I have to admit; I thought the the whole "diaper dependence" thing was kinda made up, but after wearing a bit more consistently, it's noticeably harder to hold it in when I'm padded up. So now I'm nowhere near as skeptical about it.

I doubt wearing consistently will lead to full on incontinence, but I imagine if you're wearing 24/7 for a considerably long time, like 5-10 years for instance (and use them while going 24/7), then ya, you probably can get use to it to an extent, to the point that if you stopped cold turkey all of a sudden there'll probably be a bit of an adjustment period where you have to get use to not wearing and legit accidents might happen. I think a big part of this also has to do with the individual so it's probably more likely for some than others.

But hey, just more of a reason to pamp up and while it might be a risk, albeit a small and relatively unlikely one but possible, it's totally worth it! 😄

On 9/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, polaryoshi said:

Since I started wearing diapers, I've only wet the bed once when I was not diapered. I think it's cause most of the time I'm too scared to fully let go since I'm always afraid of leaks when diapered. And any time I do, aside from putting on a fresh diaper and flooding it first thing, I usually leaks even while on my back and taking every precaution possible.

The one time I did wet the bed, it was kinda like how a child would usually wet the bed where I was dreaming I was using the toilet or needing to pee and I let go. I caught it super quick and ran to the washroom to finish peeing. Nothing to do with thinking I was diapered or not unfortunately.

I feel I'm no where near the point of wetting the bed with ease but I feel this is something that can happen naturally with age and practice.

Do you fold the diaper long ways making a channel in the center and pre-fluf it before taping up? I started doing this and I think it helped with its effectiveness at not leaking

Edited by LittleOtterPup (see edit history)
1 hour ago, LittleOtterPup said:

Do you fold the diaper long ways making a channel in the center and pre-fluf it before taping up? I started doing this and I think it helped with its effectiveness at not leaking

I do. I fold them in half and have fluffed them up in many cases. Folding helps a lot but the fluffing doesn't do much and I find it's not worth the 1-2 mins of fluffing up the diaper. Still fun to sit in a poofy diaper.

14 hours ago, LittleOtterPup said:

I really don't wear enough that I think this is an issue for me.

But with that said I have to admit; I thought the the whole "diaper dependence" thing was kinda made up, but after wearing a bit more consistently, it's noticeably harder to hold it in when I'm padded up. So now I'm nowhere near as skeptical about it.

I doubt wearing consistently will lead to full on incontinence, but I imagine if you're wearing 24/7 for a considerably long time, like 5-10 years for instance (and use them while going 24/7), then ya, you probably can get use to it to an extent, to the point that if you stopped cold turkey all of a sudden there'll probably be a bit of an adjustment period where you have to get use to not wearing and legit accidents might happen. I think a big part of this also has to do with the individual so it's probably more likely for some than others.

But hey, just more of a reason to pamp up and while it might be a risk, albeit a small and relatively unlikely one but possible, it's totally worth it! 😄

I think it's more of a habit than an actual loss of control. If your first instinct is to let go when you feel the need, rather than hold it, it could result in more wet pants when not padded. Did you find that to be the case, or were your muscles feeling weaker and you weren't able to hold it?

4 hours ago, strokeknight2 said:

I think it's more of a habit than an actual loss of control. If your first instinct is to let go when you feel the need, rather than hold it, it could result in more wet pants when not padded. Did you find that to be the case, or were your muscles feeling weaker and you weren't able to hold it?

I think what you said is pretty spot on. It definitely feels more like a habit/mental thing than a physical change (granted I guess it could be argued that a habit/mental change can be considered physical too). Kinda like how sometimes you might feel like you have to potty as soon as you get home after feeling fine all day.

When I'm padded I at least consciously (and probably subconsciously too) know that I'm padded so the urge to go is a lot harder to resist. I'd still imagine that after going 24/7 for long enough there's probably at least some bladder shrinkage that could occur and maybe the muscles might weaken a little bit, but still not to the point of totally losing all control. This is all conjecture though.

One time,  I can't remember exactly why, but I really had to use the bathroom and when I sat down on the toilet I didn't wanna go right away. I'm guessing it was a public bathroom and I probably wanted to wait for the other stall to not be occupied or something lol. But anyway, it was really really hard not to go, like I think I ended up going and at best was able to just slow it down but couldn't stop it. I found that when I'm wearing and feel the urge it feels eerily similar to that 😅