Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

So, unless I'm holding it on purpose, I usually go to the bathroom at least four times a day, depending on how well hydrated I am. Reflecting upon this, I concluded that most of the time I just empty my bladder for convenience, not because I really needed to.

Since the last week I've been able to successfully steer myself to a more disciplined pee schedule, going only three times a day: once in the morning, when I wake up, then another one as far in the middle of the day as I can, usually between 1pm and 4pm and the last one as close to bed time as possible. 

Being able to pull this off surprised me a lot, because I'm not limiting my fluid intake and I'm never really desperate to pee when I go, mostly just moderately uncomfortable.

Of course, these days I've been much more aware of the fullness of my bladder for a longer periods. As you'd expect from someone in this forum, that doesn't bother me at all 🙂

The touch of getting even more ambitious and try only two pees a day have crossed my mind, but living with just a morning and a nightly pee seems pretty impossible to me.

That said, I was wondering if anyone else has set themselves a schedule like that and if you think it is possible to restrict yourself to a two pee a day schedule, while drinking normally.

Restricting yourself to peeing just two or three times a day is a recipe for urinary problems later. 

That said, for most my life unless I was holding, I peed habitually, like when I get up, before I go out, when I get home, after dinner, when I finish doing something,or when a TV show ends, and right before bed.  The results are beyond annoying.  I have for many years felt the strong urge to pee at those times, even if I didn't need to go just before. I feel like I have skipped doing something very important. As I have aged this has become a problem. If I don't go when these occasions occur the urge  quickly gets very urgent , and if I ignore it i will leak before long, even if I didn't feel anything moments earlier. If I did have to go, and was holding it because I was busy,  a leak is inevitable,and I occasionally have totally wet my pants.

So , it's best to avoid habit or  unnecessary convenience pees . Obviously go if you probably won't be able to for an extended time, unless of course you are looking to have fun.

On 7/27/2020 at 5:43 PM, Apertado said:

So, unless I'm holding it on purpose, I usually go to the bathroom at least four times a day, depending on how well hydrated I am. Reflecting upon this, I concluded that most of the time I just empty my bladder for convenience, not because I really needed to.

Since the last week I've been able to successfully steer myself to a more disciplined pee schedule, going only three times a day: once in the morning, when I wake up, then another one as far in the middle of the day as I can, usually between 1pm and 4pm and the last one as close to bed time as possible. 

Being able to pull this off surprised me a lot, because I'm not limiting my fluid intake and I'm never really desperate to pee when I go, mostly just moderately uncomfortable.

Of course, these days I've been much more aware of the fullness of my bladder for a longer periods. As you'd expect from someone in this forum, that doesn't bother me at all 🙂

The touch of getting even more ambitious and try only two pees a day have crossed my mind, but living with just a morning and a nightly pee seems pretty impossible to me.

That said, I was wondering if anyone else has set themselves a schedule like that and if you think it is possible to restrict yourself to a two pee a day schedule, while drinking normally.

Very amusing test, to be done for a period of time ...kinda kinky, exploring and nice 

We develop patterns, and certain circumstances trigger an urge to pee.  Most of us automatically pee when we get up in the morning regardless of how full we are, and some of us can't get to sleep at night unless we have peed before going to bed.  I always get the urge to pee when I step into the shower, and if I've been out for a while I get an urge right after I get home.  If logic tells me my bladder isn't that full I can overrule the apparent need and it will fade.  But we can be creatures of habit.  Habits can be broken.

I've noticed this recently too. I have an office job and I've started working from home. I noticed I pee more frequently than I used to, even though I don't always really need to go. I guess because it's more convenient? I might try something similar. I did my first hold tonight that I had done in a really long time, and I've noticed my bladder capacity dropped a ton, maybe this would be a good way to work it back up.