Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Wetting outside the bathroom

So I had to do some laundry today. So late night before I went to bed I decided to do a wetting. I wanted to do it some other place then the bathroom. I got a towel out of my laundry and laid it on my bed. I then got really for bed as normal (Minus using the bathroom.) and laid on the towel. But after laying there for almost half an hour and trying a few times I couldn't go. I had been holding it for a while so I had to go. I eventually gave up and just did it in the bathroom. Does anyone know why I couldn't  go when I was laying on by bed but had no problem when I was in the bathroom? And what can I do so I can go in other places other then the bathroom?

I think a lot has to do with mind over matter. We have trained ourselves for so long not to pee in certain places and even when desperate our brain won’t allow the let down reflex to work because of years of training that it’s nit the right place to go. 

while I don’t personally wet the bed when I first started making wetting videos I found that even when absolutely bursting I couldn’t always just wet. What I found to work was practice and retraining. So keep practicing wetting lying on a bed (or peeing outside, or pissing your jeans or whatever) making sure you really do have a full bladder and Eventually you can retrain your brain that it’s ok to let go.

meanwhile you get to enjoy the fullness and squirming and practicing fun too. Oh and feel free to share any fun moments with us here. 😉

4 hours ago, Shadowdevil said:

I think a lot has to do with mind over matter as well but I also have found wetting laying down is extremely hard. 

There is that too. I have an easier time wetting standing up or sitting down than laying down.

Maybe try a sitting position in bed next. If the wetting is successful, that's that, and if not, we can rule out laying down as a cause.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... You are unable to overcome the *conditioned* reflexes of your toilet training, and the innate reflexes that stop you wetting in your sleep. 

I'm not sure that I can offer any advice on overcoming the innate continence reflexes that are in force when you are in a place - the bed - that you are conditioned to see as a place that you sleep. 

But the trained reflexes, the 'conditioning' that stops you pisding anywhere that isn't the toilet? 

De-training is totally a thing,

it can be done, it is being done by quite a lot of people right now, and I suspect that a lot of the DL people doing it during the current lockdowns are going to regret it.

Or not: they have the right, and I wish them well. 

However, there is such a thing as selective incontinence. 

Yes, this sounds like a contradiction - incontinent means 'no control' and there's nothing selective  about that - but you can train yourself to relax the reflex and let go  *in a particular place* or with some specific garment or sensation, over and over until you're 'there', wherever or whatever it is, you weren't even thinking about it, the first you know about it that you're hot and wet and OMG you didn't even know you'd started to pee. 

An aside: I suspect that there are large numbers of men and women who don't realise they've de-trained in their swimsuits - especially when they are wet, and sometimes even when they're dry. 

A thing about wet swimsuits: The sensation of  'wet underwear' severely weakens the continence reflex and it is  a very powerful detraining tool. 

We'll come back to that in a minute. 

So: is there a place where it's safe for you to wet yourself? 

The bed, if you have a mattress protector *and* a plastic sheet over the mattress and the bed, and you have access to a tumble dryer for the duvet, mattress protector, and whatever sheet you were lying on - a towel is nothing like adequate... 

But it's a bad idea, and one of the very hardest places to de-train your continence reflex.

The shower? A bit restrictive - Is there a walk-in 'wet room' shower bathroom, a private terrace, or a kitchen with a tiled floor, that you can use when you have the place to yourself? 

Got a bathing suit, trunks, or bikini bottoms? Or maybe some item of underwear you want to wet? 

Or maybe you're detraining for wearing a diaper: that's fine too, and actually easier than doing this for normal clothing, because the sensations are so different to normal clithing, even if you're so used to them that you don't notice. 

Walk in there, in bare feet - or in a pair of flip-flops or beach sandals that give a distinct sensation of 'not my normal shoes' - and let it go. 

Finding it difficult? 

Okay. Drink a litre of water. Line up four more half-litre or pint glasses of water, with alternating ones dosed with an oral rehydration salt tablet. Drink them over the next 90 minutes, then take a nice refreshing coffee. 

Don't piss unless and until you're in the safe place. Desperate is good, but not strictly necessary: all you need to be is full enough to piss by letting go instead of trying. 

OK... 

So you're there and you can't, at all, or maybe you think: "I can but this is going to take an enormous mental effort and it's nothing like incontinence"... 

Put three ice cubes in your underpants and see what happens next. 

If that doesn't work, you'll just have to wait until desperation takes its own control: bring your phone or your laptop with you and distract yourself by working through your wetting shots collection. 

What happens next is up to you - you *will* piss yourself, given time - but the important thing is to let it happen when it starts hapoening: don't pull in, don't try to stop, stay relaxed (if you can!) and don't tighten up again for those last two or three spurts.

Try not to make a definite stop to peeing: keep that relaxation going. 

You won't be able to keep that up for long, at first: but it'll get easier. 

Now what? 

You've wet yourself. Wear it. Walk around in it, stand or sit and carry right on doing what you were doing.

Maybe there's an important housework chore, like mopping-up a puddle or wiping off a stool, that'll help distract you from being wet. 

Normalise it. 

Do things, be the person with things to do, that aren't  "Oh My God I've Wet Myself" - maybe you should settle-in to a long session with your wetting stories collection, or take a nap. 

Or maybe make a nice iced tea. 

If you notice your bladder is full again: ignore it.

It's a "Yeah whatever" sensation, like one of those little aches that disappear when you shift in your seat. 

Relax, breathe, counting out one-thousand, two-thousand, three-thousand as you exhale, feeling the calmness and realising that no, you didn't piss. 

Obviously you didn't need to, and it'll take care of itself. 

And it will. 

Count out four bladders, or ninety minutes - or two diaper changes, if that's what you're doing - and then it's time to shower and change and put on clean clothing. 

If you want to restart, fine: but wait at least two hours before lining up the next set of drinks. 

At the end of the session, shower, change into shoes and clothing that matter to you and you really, definitely don't want to piss in, and get clear of the 'safe space'. 

Hold your wee, and demonstrate control: wait until it's an effort, go where you ought to, make a point of stopping the stream, counting to five, and restarting, just to show who's boss. 

Make a point of reasserting control once you've stepped out of the 'selective incontinence' zone. 

Do that twice a week for a month, and you're done... 

...And be very careful about walking into your safe space in the company of people who aren't in on it! I would strongly recommend wearing protective underwear whenever you do or, at least, always going to the bathroom before you do. 

What else? 

There are de-training tools you can use - the bladder-bags used by actors in wetting scenes may be useful to you, not so much because they simulate wetting yourself and help to normalise it, more because they are a distinctive and peculiar sensation, a very clear "We're not in Kansas anymore" that your subconscious and your reflexes can latch onto as "This is a place where we can let it go" when you've pissed in that place a number of times. 

If you can't get hold of a bladder bag, fill a condom with half a litre of hot water, knot it closed, wash it down with soap and water to remove the lubricant, pat it dry and put it in your underwear directly over your bladder.

Tight lycra bikini-style underpants or smimming trunks work best for holding it in place, but it'll probably stay put anyway. 

It's a very distinctive and odd sensation that will act as an effective "We're not in Kansas" sense of being in the de-training place, even when you don't quite notice it any more; and it presses on your bladder in a particularly insidious and weakening way. 

That, and the three ice cubes, are a very powerful way of overcoming your continence reflex: so much so, that you might even lose the 'selective' element, so be very careful with your choice of places, and the reassertion of your bladder training afterwards. 

Anyone else replying? Feel free to offer other suggestions, if you've selectively de-trained your continence reflex yourself: maybe something completely different was a better choice for you. But practicing in a distinctive place, or with some distinctive sensation in your pants, is the way to go there. 

Edited by betanumeric
Spelling and clarity (see edit history)