Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In



Or sign in with one of these services

Sign Up

/r/dataisbeautiful: How taboo and popular are sexual fetishes? ("Urine" is one of the options)


Recommended Posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/hwlxld/oc_how_taboo_and_popular_are_sexual_fetishes_a/

On the chart reported sexual interest is plotted against how taboo society views each sexual interest (according to respondents). Male vs female interest is color-coded. Sample is skewed towards males.

Shame that we don't have the original data.

taboo.thumb.jpg.0770debb44a2b4c522865f9b4d5f3d57.jpg

Grayscale version for any colorblind people:

taboo.thumb.png.5009834974c637bfcc0d21816f7d3c33.png

Link to post
  • Maki featured this topic

This is really surprising to me. The way I’ve heard people talk I’d assume feet to be more taboo than pee. I’m also assuming everyone who took this survey is straight bc I know this would look v different if gay folks took it 

Link to post

Rapeplay being a strong female interest doesn't sit well with me... maybe it's because I know too many survivors? But other than that... Yeah, we're a bunch of weirdos. I'm okay with that. Surprised Ageplay wasn't further to the right actually.

Link to post

I had a gf who would masturbate to rape fantasies, but she did not in the least want those fantasies become real. It is not clear if the question of the poll refers to fantasies or to real sexual preferences. I think that there will be considerably more people who are turned on by fantasies on pants-peeing than people who actually do it.

Link to post

The topic has been discussed quite extensively in the reddit thread so reading it can give some context.

On 7/26/2020 at 4:07 AM, Max1990 said:

The way I’ve heard people talk I’d assume feet to be more taboo than pee.

Could it be that because that kink has become more mainstream there are more people expressing that they consider it taboo versus other kinks that aren't as known?

On 7/26/2020 at 5:09 AM, Kez said:

Inanimate objects is less taboo?

I don't know how it was phrased in the questionnaire but those objects could be just an addition like specific clothing is.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:35 AM, Storytime said:

Rapeplay being a strong female interest doesn't sit well with me...

23 hours ago, farseladosso said:

I had a gf who would masturbate to rape fantasies, but she did not in the least want those fantasies become real. It is not clear if the question of the poll refers to fantasies or to real sexual preferences.

On the reddit thread it was implied that it's about fantasies, or consenting beforehand but pretending that it's without consent. It would be like fantasising about wetting yourself in public, or making someone else wet themselves, but not actually doing it.

Link to post

Initially I found it a little demoralizing to see that people are more favourable towards incest roleplay than to omorashi, but since it's labeled as "urine" I can imagine the respondents' first thoughts being getting peed on or even drinking pee instead of just people wetting themselves. I'm sure if omorashi was rated separately, its favourability would be a bit higher.

Link to post
On 7/27/2020 at 5:23 PM, siku said:

On the reddit thread it was implied that it's about fantasies, or consenting beforehand but pretending that it's without consent. It would be like fantasising about wetting yourself in public, or making someone else wet themselves, but not actually doing it.

Rape play is typically acting out rape fantasies between consenting adults—that’s why it’s “play.” Rape play without consent is just rape, and nobody wants that.

Link to post
On 7/25/2020 at 8:07 PM, Max1990 said:

This is really surprising to me. The way I’ve heard people talk I’d assume feet to be more taboo than pee. I’m also assuming everyone who took this survey is straight bc I know this would look v different if gay folks took it 

The annotations do say they only included cisfolk data because their transfolk sample size was too small. I think it's safe to say that after tossing the transfolk data, they're working with data from a strong majority of heterosexual folk.

 

 

On 7/25/2020 at 9:09 PM, Kez said:

Inanimate objects is less taboo?

So society thinks it's weirder to pee your pants than wanting to fuck a lamp?

The annotations do indicate that "inanimate objects" was very broadly defined and those results should be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, as others have noted here, "urine" is a very broad category. I'd argue that regardless of the lumping together of all fetishes involving urine, the meaning is clear and to the extent that any of the data in the study is representative, the "urine" category represents anyone who took the survey and has a kink that involves pee in one way or another. I'm also inclined to think that the data is accurate because it squares with my experience - a pretty uncommon, majority male interest.

Link to post
On 8/1/2020 at 12:03 AM, JackedUp said:

Initially I found it a little demoralizing to see that people are more favourable towards incest roleplay than to omorashi, but since it's labeled as "urine" I can imagine the respondents' first thoughts being getting peed on or even drinking pee instead of just people wetting themselves. I'm sure if omorashi was rated separately, its favourability would be a bit higher.

It also doesn't address how there's different interest in urine, and not everyone into this fetish is into all of them.

Just off the top of my head, our interests (which may or may not be what poll respondents thought of when answering this) include: Holding it, Wetting (accidental & on purpose), pee drinking, Golden Showers. The most well known of those urine kinks is probably Golden Showers.

On 7/27/2020 at 5:23 PM, siku said:

Could it be that because that kink [Foot fetish] has become more mainstream there are more people expressing that they consider it taboo versus other kinks that aren't as known?

I think part of it may be that foot fetishes have gotten more attention in the media over the last 10+ years, so it doesn't seem quite as weird as it once was. By contrast I've never so much as heard any urine fetishes even mentioned in the news.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:35 AM, Storytime said:

Rapeplay being a strong female interest doesn't sit well with me... maybe it's because I know too many survivors?

Just a theory, I think part of it is because it's basically a more extreme form of Male Domination, which is also popular with the female respondents. Female submissive also scored higher with women then men.

And like others have said, just because you enjoy someone dominating over you in the bedroom and pretending to rape you doesn't mean you'd actually want to be raped in real life. A lot of people love video games like Call of Duty, but it doesn't mean they'd ever want to join the army.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...