Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Diaper Boosters/Doublers

Do people often use diaper boosters or doublers or whatever the terminology is? Like most folks I like to wet as much as my diaper can hold. I'm really enjoying Crinklz as it seems they hold more than others I've tried in the past but as ever would love to hold more! I've found in general sometimes a booster works as intended but especially if I try and use more than one I find I actually leak sooner out the sides usually. Does anyone else have that experience or suggestions on combatting it?

I used to use boosters quite a bit when I had the Abu Power-Ups and I thought they worked great! Right now I have the Tykables Dubblers which I find to be really expensive but they hold a lot of urine and they explode if you over-saturate them. 

Based on my experiences, I usually found boosters let me keep wearing my same diaper without leaks and if I double diapered I would usually be good for very-heavy wettings. Do you pool up your boosters in the crotch area? I find with Crinklz that it is a thinner diaper (better than most, but I'm comparing it to ABU and Tykables diapers) with mediocre leak guards and more prone to leaks than other diapers which may be your issue. If you spread your boosters between your crotch and butt area you should be able to get a good heavy wetting in without the fear of over-stacking the boosters and suffering from the leaks. 

19 hours ago, polaryoshi said:

I used to use boosters quite a bit when I had the Abu Power-Ups and I thought they worked great! Right now I have the Tykables Dubblers which I find to be really expensive but they hold a lot of urine and they explode if you over-saturate them. 

Based on my experiences, I usually found boosters let me keep wearing my same diaper without leaks and if I double diapered I would usually be good for very-heavy wettings. Do you pool up your boosters in the crotch area? I find with Crinklz that it is a thinner diaper (better than most, but I'm comparing it to ABU and Tykables diapers) with mediocre leak guards and more prone to leaks than other diapers which may be your issue. If you spread your boosters between your crotch and butt area you should be able to get a good heavy wetting in without the fear of over-stacking the boosters and suffering from the leaks. 

Thanks for the input! I've actually been looking at Tykables just today to see about maybe purchasing some. I'd give the doublers a go too. I'm curious though what  you mean by "explode" if they get oversaturated? Sounds...messy.

1 hour ago, wetaccident said:

Thanks for the input! I've actually been looking at Tykables just today to see about maybe purchasing some. I'd give the doublers a go too. I'm curious though what  you mean by "explode" if they get oversaturated? Sounds...messy.

You know the inside material of a diaper that swells up when wet and can explode if you over-wet your diaper. It's the same thing. The material is no longer contained in the booster, it goes everywhere in your diaper, and it can be messy (but it's pretty harmless as long as you take off the diaper in the tub and take a shower after). It's more annoying than anything. 

The great news with Dubblers is one is usually enough, but I do prefer stacking the smaller boosters that are more durable.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably a stupid question, and I apologize for that but what are you all using for boosters? I have never used a booster but would really like to.

Are you using brand specific boosters made specifically for your diapers or are you mix and matching?

I have heard some people use Poise pads as boosters for Pull Ups. I have seen some that cut slits in the pads to help with leaks.

I mainly wear GoodNite pull ups. Is there anyway I can use boosters in them?