Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Peeing again after full bladder

I think there are at least two factors involved here.  First, when the bladder has been stretched it will take a while to resume its normal state, and you won't be able to fully empty until it does.  Second, when the bladder is really full you may not be processing liquid as efficiently, and once you have relieved the "backpressure" the efficiency improves.  From all reports and my own experiences, after having held to the max, you may need to pee urgently again in an hour or so and your ability to hold may be diminished.  

"So I've noticed that when I hold to my limit and then pee, I often have to go again shortly after. Usually it's a fair bit of urine, like maybe my bladder doesn't empty fully or something. Does anyone else experience this?"

I pretty much always experience this after a long hold. After my bladder busting job the other day I peed a tremendous amount when I got back to the base and then just a few minutes later when I got home I had to pee a ton yet again, even though I just peed a ton back when I got at the base. So yes I definitely pee a lot right after a long hold and then the day after I also tend to pee more often than I normally do.

Guest Peter-P

That is quite normal, as an overly stretched bladder (detrusor muscles in the bladder wall) cannot contract fully the first time. After a shrinking process of 15..20 minutes it can empty more.

Also the really really bursting bladder slows down the kidney from producing more urine. But that will start after the pending up and backpressure effect is released. This just happens (effectively) after your ureters may already have waves painfully spasms in your back (about kidneys area) - and not when just your bladder spasms before stretching more, what also happens in waves.

Caution:
These ureter spasms indicate a too high backpressure towards your kidneys, what harms your kidneys, if done too often and too long!

And after a long and painful bladder stretching hold, your bladder is sore and the bladder muscles are a little inflamed. This feels a little like UTI. So in the "bladder revenge" time you need to pee more often and smaller amounts than you are used to.

These 3 effects let you pee again.

Edited by Peter-P (see edit history)
3 hours ago, bohemian85 said:

I actually experience this whenever I go for a normal pee. I actually had it confirmed by my local continence clinic when they did an ultrasound after I went for a pee. As a result my underwear is normally damp...

Do you dribble after you pee? I have this problem also and often get my panties wet when I put my penis back in my pants, especially when peeing standing up.

58 minutes ago, CarmenCD said:

Do you dribble after you pee? I have this problem also and often get my panties wet when I put my penis back in my pants, especially when peeing standing up.

Right when the stream in winding down I usually keep pushing, sometimes really hard, and more pee comes out. Sometimes I feel like a tingly sensation and when I push (sometimes I push so hard that I end up squeezing my butt cheeks) some drops do come out.  After I've started doing that I rarely get wet spots on my underwear.  Maybe you should try that and see if it works

2 hours ago, johnnyc82 said:

Right when the stream in winding down I usually keep pushing, sometimes really hard, and more pee comes out. Sometimes I feel like a tingly sensation and when I push (sometimes I push so hard that I end up squeezing my butt cheeks) some drops do come out.  After I've started doing that I rarely get wet spots on my underwear.  Maybe you should try that and see if it works

I'll try harder, maybe it will help. A few drops to get wet spot on my underwear doesn't bother me, but sometimes so much comes out that panties are properly wet between my legs and makes wet spot on my pants too. Luckily this happens mostly when peeing standing up. That's why I pee sitting down if possible, even when dressed as a man.

Guest Peter-P

@Johnnyc82:
A really overstretched bladder needs some time until the bladderwall muscles are ready to contract to really tight.

(BTW: In men the penis can stop the flow too, if you are too aroused - or stressed...)

Best is to relax until the stream comes to a stop. Wait a minute, pee until no drop will come anymore - then wait again.

This will be longer stop, no matter how full and heavy your bladder still is! Estimate about 15..30 minutes, until the bladder can really empty the first time.

And you should be aware, that there is more fluid in your body, if you drank a lot for a deliberate hold or while partying, etc. So your kidneys will produce more pee in a short time...

Squeezing with too much force is not good for your bladder!

@Carmen:
Please try to not give bad medical advice! This is no fun!

@Peter-P I don't think the pushing thing has anything to do with the bladder itself.  When I pee and it starts to trickle down it will actually stop but there's some pee still in the urethra and when I push it comes out.  Four pushes it's pretty much all it takes, the first push is a huge spurt, the second one is a spurt but not as huge, the third push is a couple of drops and the last one is like one drop.  If I don't do the last two pushes those drops will eventually come out and leave a wet spot on my underwear.  If I'm not going for omorashi-related fun then it becomes frustrating (I tend to wear slim and skinny jeans and pants and sometimes it has show on the pants as well), when I'm in the mood for omorashi then I don't care I'll either sit on the toilet with my boxer briefs on or get in the shower and just pee through them

The earliest accident I remember having was due to this. It was a private school in second grade. The uniform for girls was a navy blue blouse and a khaki skirt that had a tendency to fold up and reveal our undies. As a bit of background, I actually had a bladder of steel until I was 12, when it was reduced to a normal bladder, and was further reduced to its current state when I was 14.

So, it was only ten minutes after our bathroom break, where I had emptied a bursting bladder, when I felt a powerful urge to go again. I asked the teacher for permission to go and he said no, it was too soon.

I held it for five minutes and felt the urge again. I asked the teacher again and got the same answer, but was also told I could go in fifteen minutes.

I held it for another ten minutes, squirming slightly, and realized I wasn't going to last another five minutes. I leapt up from my seat, I could feel my skirt bunched up on the rear and heard the boys behind me giggling  at my pink flower panties, but I didn't care. I begged the teacher to let me go but when he told me I had to wait another five minutes my bladder seemed to give up. I bent over desperately trying to prevent it from happening but the pee was already flowing. The memory blacks out there, and the only other thing I remember is being in the nurse's office wearing a really poofy (not a diaper) pair of teddy bear replacememt panties and a replacement skirt that was just barely long enough to cover them if I stood absolutely still.