Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Why is Omorashi so frowned upon?

I imagine that more people might be into Omorashi out there, but they're not going to admit it because of how frowned upon it is. Peeing is considered a very private and intimate bodily function. It's not particularly uncommon for someone to claim thta they need to pee and someone to respond with "too much information". 

Wetting yourself is something our parents implement into our brains "as wrong" from a very early age. It's strictly forbidden and society will look down upon you for doing this. If someone has an accident in public, people are often going to call them out for being "disgusting", yell at them or mock them. Being obsessed with pee is seen as unbecoming and something that should never even be mentioned in a conversation. 

I remember when I told this one guy that I get sexually aroused by people being desperate to pee and he told me "to seek help". 

I remember my dad questioning why can't people have fetishes for maths, science, physics or history. 

In fact, pretty much any fetish that features something that is considered "taboo" will be frowned upon by society (same thing with scat, farts, vomit, etc). What bothers me is the fact that there are fetishes out there who are even more dangerous and extreme yet they're  going to be more socially acceptable simply because they don't involve bodily functions (such as vore, inflation, choking, etc). 

Omorashi seems to be considered even weirder than regular watersports since it specifically fetishizes the desperation of someone needing to urinate urgently (even though it's a lot tamer). 

I grew up in the 1980s and back then, the internet didn't exist. I used to think that I'm the only person who's attracted to cute boys and girls being desperate to pee. When I got my first computer in 2001, I realized that I'm not the only one and that  made me feel a lot better 🙂

I have had people commenting "that's disgusting" when I revealed my fetish to them and they immediately left me. 

I don't know how they they feel,  but most fetishes are ripped on.  Back in the day people took fetishes to their grave,  hopefully the Internet will open people up?

dad questioning why can't people have fetishes for maths, science, physics or history"

This is his STEM narcciccism to slight you over a sexual fetish as if you have to masturbate to math to be successful.  This fetish shouldn't be any point of frustration to him so he has to also insinuate you're dumb.  This is like Chris Chans dad.

It could partially be the fact that maybe you are taking pleasure in someone else's pain in many cases when they wouldn't appreciate that. Again it is sort of a conflict with desperation and that you are sort of taking joy in  other people's suffering and discomfort. But as a person who shares the fetish I can't even really get mad at people when they are enjoying my situation at work where I can't use a toilet, it's brutally unfair but that's partially what makes it exciting to people I think.

There's something fundamentally masochistic about being desperate and something a bit sadistic about enjoying the desperation of others. But again BDSM is still more mainstream and that is based on the same principle, so I think again it's probably just a lot of people do feel that bathroom related stuff is rather dirty and forbidden.

Guest neilscotland
2 hours ago, Andreea said:

I imagine that more people might be into Omorashi out there, but they're not going to admit it because of how frowned upon it is. Peeing is considered a very private and intimate bodily function. 

I agree.  I suspect that there are many more people into Omorashi than we might think.  They may be friends or neighbours of ours but we never find out and never get the chance to share our enjoyment with them.

I think because of this, a lot of people actually never realize they're into this. I actually think there millions out there. Afterall, omorashi is just a harmless uncommon habit, it is just hard to be understanded, so I never say that in real life. And that's why internet is such a wonderful invention.

3 hours ago, Andreea said:

I imagine that more people might be into Omorashi out there, but they're not going to admit it because of how frowned upon it is. Peeing is considered a very private and intimate bodily function. It's not particularly uncommon for someone to claim thta they need to pee and someone to respond with "too much information". 

Wetting yourself is something our parents implement into our brains "as wrong" from a very early age. It's strictly forbidden and society will look down upon you for doing this. If someone has an accident in public, people are often going to call them out for being "disgusting", yell at them or mock them. Being obsessed with pee is seen as unbecoming and something that should never even be mentioned in a conversation. 

I remember when I told this one guy that I get sexually aroused by people being desperate to pee and he told me "to seek help". 

I remember my dad questioning why can't people have fetishes for maths, science, physics or history. 

In fact, pretty much any fetish that features something that is considered "taboo" will be frowned upon by society (same thing with scat, farts, vomit, etc). What bothers me is the fact that there are fetishes out there who are even more dangerous and extreme yet they're  going to be more socially acceptable simply because they don't involve bodily functions (such as vore, inflation, choking, etc). 

Omorashi seems to be considered even weirder than regular watersports since it specifically fetishizes the desperation of someone needing to urinate urgently (even though it's a lot tamer). 

I grew up in the 1980s and back then, the internet didn't exist. I used to think that I'm the only person who's attracted to cute boys and girls being desperate to pee. When I got my first computer in 2001, I realized that I'm not the only one and that  made me feel a lot better 🙂

I have had people commenting "that's disgusting" when I revealed my fetish to them and they immediately left me. 

I think you are correct Andrea, 

A lot of the stigma comes from our potty training. Not only from our parents, but from our peers. Kids can be quite cruel to each other. 

I remember a girl who wet herself before class one morning while we were waiting for the school to open up. Everyone gave her a really hard time about it, and really hurt her feelings. I was the only one that stood up for her, and we soon became good friends.

If you had told me about what you like, I would have told you that to me, that is very exciting. I'd like to think the shared interest would help us to become great friends. But Alas, that is not the experience that most of us have. I really wish there was a good place where we could all go, and no one would give us a hard time when we are spotted in wet clothes.

Any way, good to meet you Adrea!

Dave

I tried to get my ex to pee herself but she looked at me funny and she thought that I was weird for liking Omorashi and eventually she did try to do it but she couldn’t do it. I feel weird about talking about Omorashi as a fetish because people would think that I’m weird and it’s not normal and might make me seek help for that. Back when I found the internet and they had Wetting her Panties and that was my escape place to explore my Omorashi fetish. Once I found this place I knew I would fit in because there are other people who are into this fetish and I’m not alone on it. 

36 minutes ago, dwp said:

I think you are correct Andrea, 

A lot of the stigma comes from our potty training. Not only from our parents, but from our peers. Kids can be quite cruel to each other. 

I remember a girl who wet herself before class one morning while we were waiting for the school to open up. Everyone gave her a really hard time about it, and really hurt her feelings. I was the only one that stood up for her, and we soon became good friends.

If you had told me about what you like, I would have told you that to me, that is very exciting. I'd like to think the shared interest would help us to become great friends. But Alas, that is not the experience that most of us have. I really wish there was a good place where we could all go, and no one would give us a hard time when we are spotted in wet clothes.

Any way, good to meet you Adrea!

Dave

I imagine thta Omorashi fetishists are much more empathetic and understanding towards someone having an accident in public than those who are not. 

I guess it depends what you call a fetish.   If I spend most of my time alone doing science and engineering, does that count as a fetish?  No I don't get sexually turned on by it, but then I don't get sexually turned on when I pee my pants either, I just enjoy it.  And for me it predates sexual awareness.

As for the anti-wetting pressure, I didn't wet at school, and don't remember my parents ever putting pressure on me with 'potty training', but I distinctly remember that when kids did wet themselves at school there was a lot of fuss, and their parents were called, and I definitely didn't want to be the source of that sort of trouble. And I do remember how jealous I was of the kid who told me he'd wet himself in the playground and no-one had noticed.

Guest w92iasd

Isn't human society great at labeling something as "wrong" or "bad" if its different? There are some omorashi specific reasons I imagine, like the fact that we are potty trained since a baby, but I have to believe that a large chunk of it is just society at play again.

Edited by w92iasd (see edit history)

While I understand how people can come to think wetting themselves is the worst thing - being potty trained at a young age in which stuff tends to stick in your head, and this being passed down through generations since the beginning of time - there are a few things that should change.

First, TV networks view pee as inherently sexual as if they were showing cock, pussy, breasts, or cum, and wetting is therefore banned from all channels that aren't specifically adult (seeing as how there are some animes that showed wettings onscreen like Ikki Tousen, Terraformars, and Cross Ange). Unless it's kids peeing themselves, because "it's expected of them", which shows what they think of kids that they find wetting inherent in them (furthermore the networks allow child abuse to be shown, such as a mother swinging her newborn baby around by its umbilical cord, which Family Guy used in their edited episode to make fun of the network's laws about wetting, which was shown in place of this in their uncut), and if they see pee as inherently sexual that means they allow what they would tag as sexual depictions of minors. But in any event why would they even view pee as inappropriate when it's something everyone does, regardless of gender? (Same with farts, but at least that can be shown in anything PG and up and it's tagged "safe" on derpibooru) As long as it doesn't show any nudity regarding where it comes out, of course. And wetting fetishes are called "fetish" indicating they're not inherently sexual.

On the opposite end of this scale, some schools, workplaces, even governments would force people to wet themselves by denying them basic bathroom rights and condemning pulling your pants down to keep dry in an emergency, practically making wetting yourself the course of action they would have you take.

What we need is for people to get a sense that it's all right to wet yourself (though still advisable to avoid where possible in some situations, but if it could be no more shameful than spilling a drink or getting wet with water), and at the same time, no one being forced to wet themselves if they don't want to. (Where I live is pretty good for bathroom rights and it is a good sign the existence of a book telling people to find the bright side in bedwetting and even find it enjoyable)

I wrote a story I'm probably not going to post here due to stretchiness, possible low quality, and shyness, but it involves a guild of people who wet themselves for fun and engage in the harmless side of it taking down both a major kinkshamer who locks people up for wetting themselves and the Omorashi Illuminati who force people to wet themselves as described above. (The kinkshamer is put in the stockade for two days and wets herself, the OI leader is arrested and wets himself on the way to prison, and the president he bribed is removed from office, while the Omorashi Guild's heroics are known (though their identities remain a secret) and make wetting not frowned upon)

6 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

I wrote a story I'm probably not going to post here due to stretchiness, possible low quality, and shyness, but it involves a guild of people who wet themselves for fun and engage in the harmless side of it taking down both a major kinkshamer who locks people up for wetting themselves and the Omorashi Illuminati who force people to wet themselves as described above. (The kinkshamer is put in the stockade for two days and wets herself, the OI leader is arrested and wets himself on the way to prison, and the president he bribed is removed from office, while the Omorashi Guild's heroics are known (though their identities remain a secret) and make wetting not frowned upon)

Honestly I would read the heck out of that, though I can understand if you’d rather not post it. Its your choice.

Honestly, vore, inflation and feet stuff are even more scrutinized then omorashi, but that might because their fans are more vocal. Although deviantart has (or had)? restrictions on omorashi art in the past. Descriptions in stories can’t be too detailed, and no urine can be shown. Although I saw the urine rule being broken, when it was clearly stated you couldn’t have piss streams or puddles. I haven’t encountered anyone outside the piss community talking about it, not even once. Sometimes watersports gets an off handed mention, but the notion is in the fetish-bashing community, the grosser the better.

There are some good explanations in the posts above, and I think there are a lot more people who have a secret liking for omo - the "closet holders" and the "closet wetters" - and perhaps because it's "naughty" contributes both to the fascination and the rejection.  From my own observations over many years, I've detected a hidden interest in people who consider themselves normal (whatever that is).  But they'd never admit it.

6 hours ago, Spectator9 said:

There are some good explanations in the posts above, and I think there are a lot more people who have a secret liking for omo - the "closet holders" and the "closet wetters" - and perhaps because it's "naughty" contributes both to the fascination and the rejection.  From my own observations over many years, I've detected a hidden interest in people who consider themselves normal (whatever that is).  But they'd never admit it.

Sounds about right.

On 7/12/2020 at 8:39 AM, Andreea said:

In fact, pretty much any fetish that features something that is considered "taboo" will be frowned upon by society (same thing with scat, farts, vomit, etc). What bothers me is the fact that there are fetishes out there who are even more dangerous and extreme yet they're  going to be more socially acceptable simply because they don't involve bodily functions (such as vore, inflation, choking, 

I could not agree more.  I never understood why spanking and other S&M fetishes are so widely accepted and ours is so shame worthy.  Why would hitting someone else be ok, albeit have to be governed by things such as safe words, yet wishing to watch someone pee, something everyone does every day, is viewed as something that signifies maladjustment?  

Yes, we are very much conditioned to view peeing as shameful.  I suppose it comes from our potty training.  No one wanted to see us peeing all over the place and, I suppose, the quickest way of training us was to shame us.  Well, that seems to have stuck, except for those of us who have been liberated.