Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is Using the Toilet a More Intimate Thing for Women since We Have To Sit down?

This is something I have thought about often, and by often I mean usually when I use a public toilet or something like that. I have always felt that using the toilet was a more intimate affair for women since women have to actually sit down on the toilet whereas men can pee in a urinal without having to make any direct skin to skin contact. But a woman, she is sitting on the same seat that dozens or hundreds of women right before her have sat on. When you see a woman use the toilet before you go you are thinking, my ass is now touching where her ass has touched. I think that that's why a lot of women can sometimes be not wanting to sit on the toilet altogether, because of fears of germs and stuff, especially now in this age of pandemics.

But I have always felt that women using the toilet was a more intimate affair than men. There is also the fact that women have to get half naked to use the toilet, so when you are sitting in a stall using the toilet you are sitting there half naked and only inches away from other women who are also have to be half naked with their pants down at their ankles.

Anyone else ever think about this when using the toilet?

Idk, I'd agree with @PrincessPeeach that urinals are more intimate. A lot of times those urinals don't even have dividers. making eye contact with someone whilst peeing in a urinal can certainly be an awkward experience unless you know them really well.

That's a really fascinating point!  I'm male and to be honest, at home, I often sit to pee.  But it is part of my fetish for female peeing that if I have a female guest who uses my toilet I know she is in there being very intimate with it!    I do find the function very intimate that way.  If a girl I like is here and asks to use my bathroom I can translate it as "I have pressure behind my public bone and pushing down into my vagina.  I want to go and expose my private parts in another part of your house and pass water through a tiny private hole"  Maybe it sounds really awful when I try to write it but it can be like having an intimate moment with somebody I might not actually have an intimate relationship with.  I realise I'm immature in this way since I'm probably stupidly horny if anybody mentions their bits , and it should all be routine and unremarkable, but I'm a flawed individual I guess!

I avoid eye contact when urinating.  I look down at the urinal or up towards the ceiling when wipping out. 

Also Peeach is absolutely right.  If your thighs arent lacerated no bathroom germ is going through. Burns also put microscopic holes in your skin. 

If I flush before I'm done I hold my penis tip upward in my hand so toilet water doesn't splash my peehole. Girls should prob stand up when they flush, bonus for closing the seat before flushing.

I don't know who is actually sitting on public toilets but that shit is gross! Pee sprays into the seat please don't sit there. You can squat or hover over the seat and in absolute necessity where you have to sit cover the seat with toilet paper and sit over that. 

Keep in mind most girls aren't sitting down they are just hovering and their pee will spray over the toilet seat, and even of they wipe it, it's still there. 

Also unless you have super baggy pants no one will usually pull their pants as far as you ankles, furthest it goes is the knee. 

But I concur with Peach, it doesn't seem as intimate as an urinal. At least we get walls for privacy and no one sees our junk. 

Edited by Here4theFun (see edit history)
On 7/9/2020 at 9:16 AM, DesperateJill said:

This is something I have thought about often, and by often I mean usually when I use a public toilet or something like that. I have always felt that using the toilet was a more intimate affair for women since women have to actually sit down on the toilet whereas men can pee in a urinal without having to make any direct skin to skin contact. But a woman, she is sitting on the same seat that dozens or hundreds of women right before her have sat on. When you see a woman use the toilet before you go you are thinking, my ass is now touching where her ass has touched. I think that that's why a lot of women can sometimes be not wanting to sit on the toilet altogether, because of fears of germs and stuff, especially now in this age of pandemics.

But I have always felt that women using the toilet was a more intimate affair than men. There is also the fact that women have to get half naked to use the toilet, so when you are sitting in a stall using the toilet you are sitting there half naked and only inches away from other women who are also have to be half naked with their pants down at their ankles.

Anyone else ever think about this when using the toilet?

Does the wiping stage have anything to do with it? It feels  liek bascailly you are touching yourself while wiping 

I have always viewed the sitting down part from a different perspective where I have always wondered how many dirty bathrooms their legs have touched and sat on and more generally if they ever think about how dirty it is when you think about it to always touch public bathroom seats and how women accept this fact that they have to do it for life. As a guy I probaby cant even last a week of being forced to sit down in public restrooms to urinate 

38 minutes ago, PrincessPeeach said:

What do you think might happen to you? Like you would become ill? Or you would be too anxious? 

I would dread going out and needing to pee because of all the effort and direct contact especially in places that dont have the cleanest bathroom. Right now even for me to do #2 I dread it and only do it in trusted clean public bathrooms on campus and even then I hestitate and I cant imagine doing it daily in all public restrooms. How do you as a woman get over it? I probably would also envy guys who dont have to go through the struggle each time just to pee 

I have never had a phobia of germs really and never found sitting on the toilet to be a big deal, unless the toilet was extremely dirty or something like that. As long as the toilet is basically clean I don't have a problem with using it, although I can be a little bit fussy if there is anything in the toilet and I will end up flushing it before I use it.
But I realize that for some people fear of germs is a major thing, like my mom and her sisters who basically never used public toilets ever because they thought it was filled with germs. Even now my dad often says that I probably get sick all the time because I use public toilets. I have chronic acid reflux disease which has nothing to do with using a toilet, so I think that some people just like to scapegoat the toilet as sort of this filthy disgusting place that's basically a germ factory, when it's probably cleaner to eat off of a toilet seat that it is to eat off of a cutting board, supposedly.

I still stand by my original statement though that I do feel that using the toilet is a more intimate thing for women simply because you have to make contact with the toilet and get half naked while doing so. I can understand how it's still more private than using a urinal, but men are mostly pretty concealed in the urinal whereas a woman still has to get half way undressed to use a public toilet. And again your butt is sitting where the butts of many other women have been, but again I have never felt a phobia of germs.

I don't know, maybe it's just my attitude, but when I am using a public toilet the fact that there are other women in other stalls and who have used the same stall that I have used right before me, I don't know it feels like you are all somehow connected LOL. Maybe I'm not phrasing it right but it seems like you all sort of share a bond over the fact that you had to get half naked and use a toilet to relieve yourself in public. But that could just be me, I'm weird like that!

But I feel somewhat similar about the entire bathroom experience, such as waiting in line for a toilet and going to the bathroom together. I am not one of those women who socializes in the bathroom usually, but I still feel like for women going to the bathroom is a more intimate and social affair than it is for men and that we spend a lot more time there than men do as well. Toilets just seem to be a bigger issue and thing for women to me.

It almost reminds me of an old line from the TV show Saved by the Bell. Jessie: Fair! Fair? What does fair have to do with it? We are WOMEN we go to the bathroom together, we VOTE together!

I feel like the prevalence of bathroom born disease is highly exaggerated. 

You're much more likely to catch something from the kitchen. 

The biggest concern in the bathroom should be the things you touch with your hands.   After washing your hands you should turn off the faucet and handle the exit doorknob with a papertowel.

The second biggest is the toilet plume, an invisible mist cloud from flushing.  It can spray fecal particulates on you,  especially dangerous for a females more open hardware.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:28 AM, PrincessPeeach said:

I’m actually sitting on public toilet seats, and I don’t use those tissue things, if there ever are any.....or toilet paper to cover it. The seats don’t seem filthy the places I go....and besides, it’s literally the back of my thighs that touch the seat. What’s the big deal?? 

I guess not everyone finds sitting in unknown pee from strangers as disgusting and unhygienic as I do. But hey, you do you. 

You probably won't get sick, I just like to stay clear from strangers fluids. 

On 7/16/2020 at 5:05 AM, DesperateJill said:

I have never had a phobia of germs really and never found sitting on the toilet to be a big deal, unless the toilet was extremely dirty or something like that. As long as the toilet is basically clean I don't have a problem with using it, although I can be a little bit fussy if there is anything in the toilet and I will end up flushing it before I use it.
But I realize that for some people fear of germs is a major thing, like my mom and her sisters who basically never used public toilets ever because they thought it was filled with germs. Even now my dad often says that I probably get sick all the time because I use public toilets. I have chronic acid reflux disease which has nothing to do with using a toilet, so I think that some people just like to scapegoat the toilet as sort of this filthy disgusting place that's basically a germ factory, when it's probably cleaner to eat off of a toilet seat that it is to eat off of a cutting board, supposedly.

I still stand by my original statement though that I do feel that using the toilet is a more intimate thing for women simply because you have to make contact with the toilet and get half naked while doing so. I can understand how it's still more private than using a urinal, but men are mostly pretty concealed in the urinal whereas a woman still has to get half way undressed to use a public toilet. And again your butt is sitting where the butts of many other women have been, but again I have never felt a phobia of germs.

I don't know, maybe it's just my attitude, but when I am using a public toilet the fact that there are other women in other stalls and who have used the same stall that I have used right before me, I don't know it feels like you are all somehow connected LOL. Maybe I'm not phrasing it right but it seems like you all sort of share a bond over the fact that you had to get half naked and use a toilet to relieve yourself in public. But that could just be me, I'm weird like that!

But I feel somewhat similar about the entire bathroom experience, such as waiting in line for a toilet and going to the bathroom together. I am not one of those women who socializes in the bathroom usually, but I still feel like for women going to the bathroom is a more intimate and social affair than it is for men and that we spend a lot more time there than men do as well. Toilets just seem to be a bigger issue and thing for women to me.

It almost reminds me of an old line from the TV show Saved by the Bell. Jessie: Fair! Fair? What does fair have to do with it? We are WOMEN we go to the bathroom together, we VOTE together!

How did you deal with the fact when you first learned guys dont make any contact whatsoever with public toilets (actually guys have an OPTION as we can sit too so girls saying they prefer to sit and how its better dont realize we guys can sit too so we get the best of both worlds so I still argue guys are more privalged in peeing). Like how did you realize and then accept the fact that men have it easier to pee and not have to sit? Did you then conclude women have it more intimiate?  

Is pee shy a thing for girls in stalls? Like for men sometimes its akward when there are no urinal dividers and men are just standing at the urinal without pee coming out. does it happen to women? 

"How did you deal with the fact when you first learned guys dont make any contact whatsoever with public toilets (actually guys have an OPTION as we can sit too so girls saying they prefer to sit and how its better dont realize we guys can sit too so we get the best of both worlds so I still argue guys are more privalged in peeing). Like how did you realize and then accept the fact that men have it easier to pee and not have to sit? Did you then conclude women have it more intimiate?"

Thought that guys being able to stand to pee made it easier for them to pee anywhere and it also made it easier for them to not have direct contact with the toilet itself since they could stand and pee from a distance. I figured that women have it more intimate since we actually have to make ass contact with the seat although a lot of people do hover which just makes it worse for all of us who actually sit!

"Is pee shy a thing for girls in stalls? Like for men sometimes its akward when there are no urinal dividers and men are just standing at the urinal without pee coming out. does it happen to women?"

I've heard that pee shyness is more common in men but it's definitely something that applies to both sexes. I wouldn't say that I'm pee shy because I can go to the bathroom easily in public usually, although sometimes I take a minute to get started and it feels a little bit awkward when sometimes women look at you coming out of the stall after you had a really loud pee, such as after my job after holding for six hours!

I am more shy about pooping in a public restroom because that seems even more of an intimate thing and something that would be rather kept private and that is more obvious when you are doing it.

On 7/18/2020 at 4:58 AM, DesperateJill said:

"How did you deal with the fact when you first learned guys dont make any contact whatsoever with public toilets (actually guys have an OPTION as we can sit too so girls saying they prefer to sit and how its better dont realize we guys can sit too so we get the best of both worlds so I still argue guys are more privalged in peeing). Like how did you realize and then accept the fact that men have it easier to pee and not have to sit? Did you then conclude women have it more intimiate?"

Thought that guys being able to stand to pee made it easier for them to pee anywhere and it also made it easier for them to not have direct contact with the toilet itself since they could stand and pee from a distance. I figured that women have it more intimate since we actually have to make ass contact with the seat although a lot of people do hover which just makes it worse for all of us who actually sit!

"Is pee shy a thing for girls in stalls? Like for men sometimes its akward when there are no urinal dividers and men are just standing at the urinal without pee coming out. does it happen to women?"

I've heard that pee shyness is more common in men but it's definitely something that applies to both sexes. I wouldn't say that I'm pee shy because I can go to the bathroom easily in public usually, although sometimes I take a minute to get started and it feels a little bit awkward when sometimes women look at you coming out of the stall after you had a really loud pee, such as after my job after holding for six hours!

I am more shy about pooping in a public restroom because that seems even more of an intimate thing and something that would be rather kept private and that is more obvious when you are doing it.

Every time you have to sit to pee particularly when it’s dirty do you unconsciously think like other girls or I like other girls “I wish I was a guy” and avoid all the hassle or would you say the doesn’t come up all the time unless you think  about it

• 10 months later...

@Angusburger

"Every time you have to sit to pee particularly when it’s dirty do you unconsciously think like other girls or I like other girls “I wish I was a guy” and avoid all the hassle or would you say the doesn’t come up all the time unless you think  about it"

I don't wish I was a guy but I do wish the toilet was cleaner! It is true the guys have it easy when it comes to using a dirty toilet or being able to use the toilet without having to do gross things.

But I decided to revive this thread because of my thoughts that I mentioned in another thread that I am also going to repeat here to see if anybody else can relate.

I have never been very germophobic which is ironic because I come from a very germophobic family and I think the reason why my mom and her sisters never use public toilets is that they found the idea of it gross, the thought of all of those other women's asses that have sat on the seat. Personally as long as the toilet itself is clean I was never very phobic about that, although I have to admit a couple of times I have sat on a wet seat, and sometimes I have felt the seat was, how shall we say, you could tell that there was ass sweat on it, or the seat was warm from so many women sitting on it for so long. Sometimes that makes me feel a little bit weird as I think that I am sitting on a place that so many other asses have touched, but I never really feared germs very much. But sometimes when I do sit on the toilet I sometimes think of the woman who was in line before me and think that I am sitting where her ass has touched.

But I have never really been squeamish and the joke in my family and friends is that wherever we go every toilet seat is eventually going to make contact with my ass and a lot of people think that that's why am sick all the time, simply because I use public toilets. Ignoring the fact that I have a chronic medical condition that causes my illness, but most of the people in my family seem to think the public toilets are pretty much the most vile disgusting things in the history of the world, so the idea that I am sitting on so many of them seems to make them grossed out. So using the public toilet makes me the gross girl in the family, also compounded by the fact that I'm very big on toilet humor!

Despite the fact that I am not squeamish about sitting on the toilet seat I am squeamish about pooping in public and I will not use a toilet if there is anything floating in the toilet even just a little toilet paper. So it's weird how some people have some inhibitions but not others that could be totally different or the reverse in other people's situations. This probably deserves a threat all of its own though!

As far as intimate goes, whenever possible my first girlfriend would take my hand and lead me into the bathroom.  Her being a latch-key girl, we did our after-school pees together nearly every week day.

Which reminds me.  Some young ladies seem to make a point of peeing while on the phone with special friends.  Anyone here do that?

After the "Spanish" flu epidemic, the United States had a major hygiene campaign.  Most citizens knew about neither essential bacteria nor how the immunize system developed.  The information became distorted as it passed through generations.  Some children, myself included, lived in such sterile conditions our immune systems developed improperly.

I've never known anyone who became ill from using a public restroom -- except maybe catching crab Lice. 

@Stanley79

"Which reminds me.  Some young ladies seem to make a point of peeing while on the phone with special friends.  Anyone here do that?"

I think I would get a little bit pee shy talking to people on the phone while going to the bathroom. One time I was talking to the phone on my friend and he started peeing loudly while on the phone I think just to be gross or something like that because he shares my sense of toilet humor, and one time I tried peeing in the sink by backing my ass up so that nobody would hear my pee hitting the water in the toilet, but that was very uncomfortable and I would recommend it!

6 minutes ago, China Girl said:

Yeah I'm with @PrincessPeeach on this one. Women's toilets are usually pretty private but men's definitely aren't. I like watching guys pee (usually my husband) if I can and he says it's no big deal because he's used to using urinals with other men. Whereas seeing someone hot (of either sex) pee is a very naughty and sexual thing for me.

6 minutes ago, China Girl said:

Yeah I'm with @PrincessPeeach on this one. Women's toilets are usually pretty private but men's definitely aren't. I like watching guys pee (usually my husband) if I can and he says it's no big deal because he's used to using urinals with other men. Whereas seeing someone hot (of either sex) pee is a very naughty and sexual thing for me.

When you see your husband pee do you ever grab his penis and aim him at the toilet or at a tree if you are outside?

23 hours ago, China Girl said:

"Grab" is a bit aggressive, LMAO. I don't think he'd like that and I'd probably get spanked for it, and fair enough too! But yes, he does let me hold his penis when he pees, which is fun.

have you ever used a urinal yourself?  Would you consider that more intimate than a man using one?