Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I'll never understand urinals

I don't understand why urinals are accepted at all, they're uncomfortable to use, they go out of order more often than normal toilets (or so it seems), and worst of all: Can't be used by like half the population.  Yet somehow, Europe seems to think they're an effective replacement for public bathrooms and porta-potties. I'm honestly glad I don't live there...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't understand why urinals are accepted at all, they're uncomfortable to use, they go out of order more often than normal toilets (or so it seems), and worst of all: Can't be used by like half the

Another beautiful photo. I wonder if they managed to pee properly or if the piss was dripping down their legs. Who knows if they had fun... or felt whipped, watching the men piss easily!  

@CausingRipples "It's funny to say on the piss kink website that I'm nervous pissing in public, but it's less of an omo thing and more of a general anxiety thing." That's not actually as str

Posted Images

it is a lot faster and quicker to use urinals'. you can fit more people into a given size bathroom that way. don't have the expense and space of stalls. You are also a lot closer to it so your more likely to get all the pee in it rather then some missing it like can happen with a toilet when starting and stopping the stream and when shaking off the last drops before putting it away. you can get it done a lot faster that way too when you just unzip and whip it out as opposed to sitting down to pee or trying to aim at a toilet and getting in and out of the stall opening and closing that door. is one of the reasons guys can get in and out of bathrooms faster then women can. 

1 hour ago, miamiclubkid said:

it is a lot faster and quicker to use urinals'. you can fit more people into a given size bathroom that way. don't have the expense and space of stalls. You are also a lot closer to it so your more likely to get all the pee in it rather then some missing it like can happen with a toilet when starting and stopping the stream and when shaking off the last drops before putting it away. you can get it done a lot faster that way too when you just unzip and whip it out as opposed to sitting down to pee or trying to aim at a toilet and getting in and out of the stall opening and closing that door. is one of the reasons guys can get in and out of bathrooms faster then women can. 

A very good explanation.

At stadiums and other places where a large number of men attend, when hundreds of beer drinkers rush for the men's rooms during a break in the action, a man can empty his bladder in just a minute or so, whereas using a toilet in a stall (especially if sitting) would add extra seconds.  Trough urinals allowed even more men per square foot to pee, but they have fallen out of favor.   

In the UK there has always been the problem of more men just pissing in streets and up buildings after a night out drinking say. As so many town city public toilets have been closed over the last 30 years in the UK. I know my local town had this problem for years people don't realise pee is pretty corrosive stuff to stone / brick work over time and when it gets in under concrete the smell is next to impossible to remove. And has to be expensive steam cleaned even then the smell want go. So I'm all for many more urinals even these plastic pop up portable ones are great, urinals use and are so green as hence done't waste so much water  as say a flushing toilet. Urinals only needing a timed flush once in a while when fitted in public bathrooms say. And you can even get green urinals that don't need any water to flush. And interestingly  over the last few years The UK National Trust has been using straw bale urinals for men at big outdoor country events and shows and concerts etc. Basically men just piss on the straw bales all behind screens say!  As men's urine is the best compost activator known to man and these straw bales heat up to high temps so killing any Bactria quickly and rot down very quickly to make super quality garden or field compost! Kev.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/architecture-design-blog/2013/apr/26/uritonnoir-straw-bale-urinal-festivals

Edited by kevy19 (see edit history)

"it is a lot faster and quicker to use urinals'. you can fit more people into a given size bathroom that way. don't have the expense and space of stalls. You are also a lot closer to it so your more likely to get all the pee in it rather then some missing it like can happen with a toilet when starting and stopping the stream and when shaking off the last drops before putting it away. you can get it done a lot faster that way too when you just unzip and whip it out as opposed to sitting down to pee or trying to aim at a toilet and getting in and out of the stall opening and closing that door. is one of the reasons guys can get in and out of bathrooms faster then women can."

I have to admit this is all true. This is why I feel like getting rid of urinals in the men's room wouldn't help the women's line to go any faster so I don't begrudge men the fact they have urinals, but what I do get jealous and frustrated about is the fact that men have so many more places to go to the bathroom as a result of that, so they should at least make an equivalent amount of stalls to urinals in the ladies room.

In my street urinals thread my problem with street urinals is that it basically is the equivalent of giving bathrooms to men but nothing too women and that is extremely frustrating.

I've always said that women don't have penis envy, we don't want to have a penis, but we really have is urinal envy, the envy that urinals give men so many more places to pee that they can have a revolving door to their bathroom while we have a line that is a half hour long.

5 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

"it is a lot faster and quicker to use urinals'. you can fit more people into a given size bathroom that way. don't have the expense and space of stalls. You are also a lot closer to it so your more likely to get all the pee in it rather then some missing it like can happen with a toilet when starting and stopping the stream and when shaking off the last drops before putting it away. you can get it done a lot faster that way too when you just unzip and whip it out as opposed to sitting down to pee or trying to aim at a toilet and getting in and out of the stall opening and closing that door. is one of the reasons guys can get in and out of bathrooms faster then women can."

I have to admit this is all true. This is why I feel like getting rid of urinals in the men's room wouldn't help the women's line to go any faster so I don't begrudge men the fact they have urinals, but what I do get jealous and frustrated about is the fact that men have so many more places to go to the bathroom as a result of that, so they should at least make an equivalent amount of stalls to urinals in the ladies room.

In my street urinals thread my problem with street urinals is that it basically is the equivalent of giving bathrooms to men but nothing too women and that is extremely frustrating.

I've always said that women don't have penis envy, we don't want to have a penis, but we really have is urinal envy, the envy that urinals give men so many more places to pee that they can have a revolving door to their bathroom while we have a line that is a half hour long.

How do girls come to accept they can’t use urinals and enjoy the convience of urinals. Is it like acceptance of that’s how it is or jealously or just not thought of? How do woman get over not being able to stand and use one because every time I use a stall to do number 2 I get so frustrated and it feels so frustrating like finding a place to put my jacket and bag and scared the toilet seat is dirty and I can’t imagine going through it daily to pee and yet girls don’t seem to mind to pee in public restroom— is it from practice and acceptance?

do women without the fetish also have what u called a urinal envy?

11 hours ago, miamiclubkid said:

one of the reasons guys can get in and out of bathrooms faster then women can. 

Another reason is that most men I have observed do not wash their hands after using the bathroom (stall, urinal, floor, trash can/ rubbish bin, electric air dryer (>.< I know) - but at least the guy stopped when his friend hit the "on" button. Still ... 

I know that was off topic ... I just had to mention it ... but back to the topic ... Urinals can be used by either gender I am not saying they are exactly clean or comfortable or that there isn't a learning curve to making sure the stream is aimed at the urinal.  

My uncle's  "log cabin" (modern with solar power, water warmed floors, all mod cons, etc.)  had an upstairs which had a huge bathroom. The bathroom contained a urinal, a bidet, a commode, a shower, a 2 person tub, and 2 sinks. My aunt also used the used the urinal to pee by standing, spreading her lips, and canting her hips forward (there may have been some details I've forgotten). She had a large bladder and could pee very quickly. The guest bedroom was across the hall/stairway from the bathroom/entrance to the master bedroom. When I stayed there, and if I was in just the right position, I could see anyone who used the urinal in 3/4 view to their left side. 

She told me she would never use a public urinal, but the one at home was cleaned very often. My uncle laughed and said not to get any kinky  ideas  ... 

@ PrincessPeeach I completely understand. I've always (since I was maybe 3 or 4? - Yes, that early) wished there were genderless bathrooms and anyone could go and not be embarrassed. I am not sure where the next part came from, but it involved having a privacy shield (if wanted/needed) so a person could enter the bathroom and not be seen if they wanted (or to be seen and by whom). I know I had written some notes about this when I was in 1st grade. My teacher had assigned us a task to draw/write/make/create something that would help/could improve people's lives. 

My invention was the IVPT. The invisible person Private Toilet. It involved being able to go to any room (or even outside) and use the bathroom without being seen or bothered. And it cleaned you up (hands as well) automatically. You could even go in class and not have to get a hall pass or have to explain to Mrs. Mann (the second grade teacher and denier of bathroom visits - even with a hall pass) why you really had to go ... 

Anyway, I worked a week on that project. Miss Jackson, my teacher, talked to me after class and told me my ideas were ... quite interesting and unique. She said she did not think my classmates would understand (apart from Mrs. Mann evasion) why I chose this invention. I was already a loner and picked upon and I understood. So I redid the project and made a pollution scrubber for the DuPont and GE smokestacks that were in town.

On 6/30/2020 at 9:44 PM, PrincessPeeach said:

Omg that would be my dream come true lolol...I need to be naked from the waist down to have any chance of using a urinal without making a complete mess, which isn’t really conducive to trying it in public 😂

Unlike my friend who tried to use a urinal on a night out - she failed and peed all over herself. But I think she did it for my benefit really, as she knows of my fetish. 

On 6/30/2020 at 3:41 AM, kevy19 said:

In the UK there has always been the problem of more men just pissing in streets and up buildings after a night out drinking say. As so many town city public toilets have been closed over the last 30 years in the UK. I know my local town had this problem for years people don't realise pee is pretty corrosive stuff to stone / brick work over time and when it gets in under concrete the smell is next to impossible to remove. And has to be expensive steam cleaned even then the smell want go. So I'm all for many more urinals even these plastic pop up portable ones are great, urinals use and are so green as hence done't waste so much water  as say a flushing toilet. Urinals only needing a timed flush once in a while when fitted in public bathrooms say. And you can even get green urinals that don't need any water to flush. And interestingly  over the last few years The UK National Trust has been using straw bale urinals for men at big outdoor country events and shows and concerts etc. Basically men just piss on the straw bales all behind screens say!  As men's urine is the best compost activator known to man and these straw bales heat up to high temps so killing any Bactria quickly and rot down very quickly to make super quality garden or field compost! Kev.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/architecture-design-blog/2013/apr/26/uritonnoir-straw-bale-urinal-festivals

why so many pissing on the buildings? the straw bale looks promising. you would have to keep police out of the concerts so the police don't arrest the people pissing into the straw bale  urinals where they are hanging out in the open for everyone to see and get charged with indecent exposure which puts them on sex offender registry and they cant live near schools or parks or other places just for using the straw bale urinals'. The picture in the link shows them peeing in the open. 

3 hours ago, miamiclubkid said:

why so many pissing on the buildings? the straw bale looks promising. you would have to keep police out of the concerts so the police don't arrest the people pissing into the straw bale  urinals where they are hanging out in the open for everyone to see and get charged with indecent exposure which puts them on sex offender registry and they cant live near schools or parks or other places just for using the straw bale urinals'. The picture in the link shows them peeing in the open. 

For years in the UK there has been a problem in towns and cites with guys on nights outs coming out of night clubs bars pubs etc. And hence just pissing in shop door ways or up buildings or in town alleyways. Here in the UK there is never enough police on the streets to catch people peeing and in any case it is deemed such  a minor offence say late on in the night or the early hours they do not bother so it just happens here! The one thing in the Cronavirus lock down with all the pubs bars night clubs shut towns have not had this problem and have got much cleaner!  The straw bale pee idea has been used at concerts or outdoor events these straw bale urinals have been placed well away from the main event and here in the UK this would not be classed as indecent exposure as this has been deemed a proper place to pee in to! As this is in the open in a field say and not near house shops or schools so raises no issues with indecent exposure what so ever here in the UK anyway I can't say about other countries. Have you never been to a music / rock festival and hence seen the guys and girls going pee everywhere there is a bit of cover or bushes or trees say! As more often they do this as people hate using the smelly porta loo's that often have long queues so for the guys this is a much better and greener option for sure using these straw bale urinals at these out door events. Kev.

Edited by kevy19 (see edit history)
On 7/2/2020 at 5:11 AM, kevy19 said:

For years in the UK there has been a problem in towns and cites with guys on nights outs coming out of night clubs bars pubs etc. And hence just pissing in shop door ways or up buildings or in town alleyways. Here in the UK there is never enough police on the streets to catch people peeing and in any case it is deemed such  a minor offence say late on in the night or the early hours they do not bother so it just happens here! The one thing in the Cronavirus lock down with all the pubs bars night clubs shut towns have not had this problem and have got much cleaner!  The straw bale pee idea has been used at concerts or outdoor events these straw bale urinals have been placed well away from the main event and here in the UK this would not be classed as indecent exposure as this has been deemed a proper place to pee in to! As this is in the open in a field say and not near house shops or schools so raises no issues with indecent exposure what so ever here in the UK anyway I can't say about other countries. Have you never been to a music / rock festival and hence seen the guys and girls going pee everywhere there is a bit of cover or bushes or trees say! As more often they do this as people hate using the smelly porta loo's that often have long queues so for the guys this is a much better and greener option for sure using these straw bale urinals at these out door events. Kev.

in the united states it does not matter if your near a school or not. if you piss in public your charged and convicted of sex offense then barred from some jobs and from living in most areas of larger cities. they even did retroactive punishments for people that were charged with minor sexual offenses decades past where it was nothing no jail time no problems and now suddenly they are barred from          being teachers or       other professions and can only live in certain places far from others. and cant go to parks or libraries. It is a ex post facto law. meaning after the fact. it is  totally illegal to pass ex post facto laws under our constitution but its been upheld in the courts. once that precedent has been sex for sex offenders. it has been applied to other offenses with retroactive punishments for offenses that were nothing in the past. people that had misdemeanor domestic violence convictions in the past suddenly are not allowed to own guns, even though  the law said only felonies keep you from owning guns. suddenly police officers are barred from owning guns and lose their jobs for things that happened decades ago. used to be we had fruit of the poisoned tree where anything resulting from a search without a warrant. or things found in search with a warrant that was outside of the items to be searched for in a warrant are allowed at trial. police are shooting people a lot that don't have a gun. the police choke people to death even as the by standers beg for the peoples lives. 

On 6/30/2020 at 12:44 PM, PrincessPeeach said:

It feels to me like you are unusually sensitive about using a stall. I actually don’t know anyone irl of any gender who even cares as much as you seem to about using the stall....

not that I’m trying to judge or anything, I just don’t really know if your personal feelings are overly objective in this case....and I think you may possibly be projecting your own sensitivities. But I mean really, I guess maybe I’m doing the same...I mean we all bring our own hangups and quirks along with us 😏

I’d love to use a urinal just for fun, but aside from that, peeing right next to a bunch of strangers? No thanks. Give me the stall any day, even if ‘gasp’ I have to wait in line for it, and even if ‘bigger gasp’ it might possibly have germs. 

What is your pee stream like usually? Would it be conducive to urinals?

8 hours ago, PrincessPeeach said:

Not in a urinal, but I’ve tried standing to pee many times. It’s possible when I’m naked, but even then, there’s always a few drips at the end.....

If i’m wearing pants, they end up soaked, which is kind of fun too, but not exactly conducive to public peeing 😂

I highly recommend peeing in a urinal.  It's correct yet naughty for a woman. 

16 hours ago, Mandymom said:

Yeah I was thinking of that, Japan has squat toilets. It’s actually better for your health to go squatting since that’s how our bodies were built. Though some squat toilets in America would be pretty welcome.

Squat toilets look omo friendly in Japanese videos, but in reality they are not that practical. it's quite easy to make a mess when you use them and get pee or faeces on your legs, shoes or clothes, especially in case of diarrhoea. 

I was taught how to pee standing by my mom and do it often to this day and I am no stranger to using urinals as well. Every girl is built different so it does take some practice. Clothing also plays a role but I am often in a skirt or dress due to the need for easy access as I do have urgency issues and easier access is a must. 

• 2 years later...
On 6/30/2020 at 2:49 AM, Tentacool said:

I don't understand why urinals are accepted at all, they're uncomfortable to use, they go out of order more often than normal toilets (or so it seems), and worst of all: Can't be used by like half the population.  Yet somehow, Europe seems to think they're an effective replacement for public bathrooms and porta-potties. I'm honestly glad I don't live there...

I don't know about you, but if you don't understand urinals it's probably because you can't use them.
Pissing in a urinal is one of the most comfortable things in the world. Unfortunately only half of the population can do it. Is it an injustice? I am part of the lucky half. I love peeing without touching doors and handles and even more I love urinals when they are outdoors. I love those toilets where the urinals are visible from the women's queue, especially at festivals and concerts.