Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mom walked in on me "having fun"; what should I do?

Question

So I recently moved my computer from my bedroom to a separate study room. The downside to this is that mom is more likely to walk past this room because it's on the way to the bathroom. This is relevant.

I don't normally keep my door closed, so I usually leave it slightly ajar when I decide to pop on this site for some "self-love", in hopes of minimizing questions. Unfortunately, in the middle of me flicking my bean, I hear my mom's voice "Am I interrupting something? Is that why you had the door closed?"

I wanted to die. Pulling my hand out of my panties, I harshly turned around and answered. "YES!" She questioned what I was doing, but I didn't know how to answer so I just stayed silent. Fortunately, she eventually took the hint and left, closing the door fully behind her.

Now I'm just sitting here wishing the floor would eat me. It's possible I lucked out and the angle meant she couldn't see what I was really doing, but I don't know what I'm gonna tell her when I finally leave....

5 answers to this question

I'm way outside of my wheelhouse here, but since no one else has replied I'll give my 2 cents.

My suggestion would be to not bring it up and do your best to pretend it didn't happen.  Parents are people too, and they were also once young, so they may understand more than you or we give them credit for.  If that's the case then she might have the sense to just let it go.  Aside from that, I also understand that some parents, moms in particular, can be really fundamentalist, prudish, and/or controlling, so they may not have the capacity or desire to understand.  All the more reason to never bring it up, because it can only end poorly.  Some uncomfortable things are just best not said in my opinion, and hopefully with time the awkwardness and embarrassment will just fade away.

That being said, you have to seriously think about your privacy strategies!  At the very least you should never position yourself with your back to the entryway, as you lose precious seconds that can be used for recovery and deception.  Always have a plan, and then assume that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.  Living with family while trying to express one's self sexually can be extremely difficult, as most of us probably know from experience.  It sucks, but hopefully those living conditions are temporary, and you can soon get to a place where you don't have to be so careful.

Anyway, this is just my 2 cents, and with inflation that isn't worth very much.  I hope you are able to get out of this unscathed.  That's just a really sucky situation to be in.  My heart goes out to you.

Good luck.

As a parent of older teens/young adults, I wouldn’t bring this up at all if I happened to catch my kids in the act.

I don’t think you need to explain, or even say anything about it. I think you should just carry on as normal! 

I think parents don't think much about their children's sexuality, and vice-versa. She probably didn't think of you masterbating at first.  With your reaction she likely realized what was happening. Virtually everyone from young teens to senior citizens has done it . It is a natural drive. To bring it up to her will be very awkward for both of you. I am sure she hopes you never mention it, so I would just forget about it. Next time be a bit more discreet making sure nobody walks in on you.  

While I was never caught in the act by my parents I recall overhearing my mother telling my dad she noticed some sticky stuff in my pajamas.  

I live alone but my adult children sometimes stop by. My computer is in the kitchen near where they come in. I have been pleasuring myself when the door suddenly opened.  I quickly pull up my pants and stuff my erect penis inside, hoping they don't notice. If they did nothing was said.

My son even walked in while I was mid stream wetting my pants . If he saw he didn't  say.

My point is  while it is embarrassing,it happens. Don't worry about it.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)