Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Black Pullups?!

I've never known why all diapers are typically white, I love the idea of black diapers (but definitely prefer white with cute prints).

And I thought they might be Drynites, but I couldn't find any pictures on their website. I love the idea, the new Goodnites are adorable but definitely not discreet, you could totally tell they are pullups looking at them. I've never understood why they don't make the sides match the colour of the content in the gusset. Why does the UK always get the best designs? I remember the big flower purple Goodnites which were only available in the UK 😞

7 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

I've never known why all diapers are typically white, I love the idea of black diapers (but definitely prefer white with cute prints).

Black diapers have one disadvantage: They don't show the wetness. OK, not a disadvantage for those who wear them, but certainly a disadvantage for all those perverts who love to see women who've wet themselves.....  😊

They are the new Drynites designs.

I haven't tried them yet, but I love the packaging, particulary the neon "Teen" theyv'e added on the 8-15 version. Finally, officially "nappies for teenagers"!

spacer.png

This might sound stupid(from my German perspective Americans have a lot of strange attitudes to sexuality so it's hard to tell), but I once heard that some parents think that young girls should not wear black underwear because it is "too sexy". If that is a widely held opinion in the US it could be a reason for not using the design in the North American market.

Edited by 00065 (see edit history)
On 6/28/2020 at 1:03 AM, kalle2020 said:

Black diapers have one disadvantage: They don't show the wetness. OK, not a disadvantage for those who wear them, but certainly a disadvantage for all those perverts who love to see women who've wet themselves.....  😊

True, true, though for bedwetting products like this, especially for older girls, they can tell when they are wet (and definitely don't want fellow sleepover attendees to know). 

The problem with these is that the gusset is way too light and betrays their absorbent nature. The Tena's are way more discreet. I mean, you could wear those in a public change room and some folks wouldn't notice.

On 6/29/2020 at 1:27 AM, 00065 said:

They are the new Drynites designs.

I haven't tried them yet, but I love the packaging, particulary the neon "Teen" theyv'e added on the 8-15 version. Finally, officially "nappies for teenagers"!

spacer.png

This might sound stupid(from my German perspective Americans have a lot of strange attitudes to sexuality so it's hard to tell), but I once heard that some parents think that young girls should not wear black underwear because it is "too sexy". If that is a widely held opinion in the US it could be a reason for not using the design in the North American market.

Oh I was looking for something like this! Thanks for sharing. And yeah, North Americans have strange hand ups about sex and panty colour. The black is great for discretion because they would be much harder to spot at a sleep over, and discretion is definitely key when it comes to teen products. 

I love how these are marketed to teens, I would have loved this as a teen. I did still like the white Goodnites because they were very utilitarian, but these would at least not scream 'diaper' is someone spotted the waistband at a sleepover.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...