Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Worst Jobs for Women Needing to Pee

This is something that I bring up frequently when I am discussing desperation as I'm always fascinated which jobs are the worst for women as far as bathroom access goes and getting a chance to go to the bathroom. I have heard repeatedly that nurse is a terrible job for getting relief because you often don't have enough of a break and end up having to hold it for hours on end. Female police officers probably also have a pretty bad time of it I would say. And then any job taking place outdoors would probably be worse for women, especially if they don't know how to squat outside, whereas men can usually just pee on a tree easily.

But feel that a disproportionate number of jobs that have limited bathroom breaks or limited bathroom access are disproportionately female dominated, and I think it's a more unique issue that women often have a harder time getting to the bathroom when they need it, especially at work or in situations where women are forced to put off going to the bathroom because of things like meetings or being a teacher and not getting a chance to go off to the bathroom and leaving the students unattended.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my friends who is elder than me, and studied in the same school got her first job as a sales assistant at a retail garment shop. That was situated in a busy shopping lane and didn't have any to

Agree about nurse and female police officers. I would like to add female dancers and cheerleaders too. And a friend of mine who is a sales girl doing door to door selling also has to hold pee all day.

I would say any job taking place outdoors are a hell for women. I for example, for a good while I worked as a tourist information guide and organic food seller. I was on a stand in the middle of

Posted Images

Agree about nurse and female police officers. I would like to add female dancers and cheerleaders too. And a friend of mine who is a sales girl doing door to door selling also has to hold pee all day. In our country, most school girls also hold pee because they can't go to the limited number of toilets available during limited time given, and hence end up holding pee until school is over 

While it is certainly more difficult for women than men to find an appropriate place to pee, in the jobs mentioned it can also be awkward for men, too.  Some time ago I read a post from a male nurse who used an ultrasound gizmo to measure the fullness of his and a fellow nurse's bladder during their shifts, and he noted that they routinely were holding more than a liter before they had a chance to use a toilet.  

"Waitress girls in a coffee shop at a shopping mall. Sometimes there are toilets at the mall, but not at the coffee shop.If she works alone, she can’t go all shift long.

Street vendor girls can’t sometimes   go all day long.

Girls who works  in a kiosk have  to hold it all shift ."

I feel that being a waitress and working at a coffee shop has to be especially brutal because you are working with and pouring liquids all day while you are trying to hold a full bladder! I would probably never survive being a street vendor.

"Agree about nurse and female police officers. I would like to add female dancers and cheerleaders too. And a friend of mine who is a sales girl doing door to door selling also has to hold pee all day. In our country, most school girls also hold pee because they can't go to the limited number of toilets available during limited time given, and hence end up holding pee until school is over"

Imagine it also has to be horrible for dancers and cheerleaders seeing is not only do they have full bladders that they are doing a very physical job which could really aggravate the bladder and must be basically torture.

Which country do you live and where women can't use the bathroom at school all day? That must be very interesting to see! Although I have some experience with that because in high school they locked all of the girls bathrooms except for one so there was no real possibility to use the bathroom except perhaps at lunch as you could be late for lunch.

"While it is certainly more difficult for women than men to find an appropriate place to pee, in the jobs mentioned it can also be awkward for men, too.  Some time ago I read a post from a male nurse who used an ultrasound gizmo to measure the fullness of his and a fellow nurse's bladder during their shifts, and he noted that they routinely were holding more than a liter before they had a chance to use a toilet."

That is really crazy, how can people even concentrate on work with such a full bladder? But while it is definitely true that these jobs can often make it difficult for men to pee as well men can more often late pee very quickly and find a really fast pee, but women often have lines or take longer to go to the bathroom, so in most situations men can have a quick pee where women can't.

Pilot. For women in particular, it can be extremely difficult to urinate while piloting small planes on long flights. The preferred methods used to be either bottle or "relief tube", neither of which was/is easy for women to use. Female pilots would dehydrate themselves, wear a diaper, wet themselves, or hold it in for many many hours. More recently there has been some innovation in this space with the development of more user-friendly female portable urinals and special highly absorbent sponges, but you have to be super prepared and go out and buy those devices in advance, and they are still less convenient options for women than men have readily available to them.

"Pilot. For women in particular, it can be extremely difficult to urinate while piloting small planes on long flights. The preferred methods used to be either bottle or "relief tube", neither of which was/is easy for women to use. Female pilots would dehydrate themselves, wear a diaper, wet themselves, or hold it in for many many hours. More recently there has been some innovation in this space with the development of more user-friendly female portable urinals and special highly absorbent sponges, but you have to be super prepared and go out and buy those devices in advance, and they are still less convenient options for women than men have readily available to them."

This reminds me of a story that I heard somewhere about a woman who was on a plane with a bunch of men and there was no bathrooms on the plane, so the men just peed in a bottle and she kind of just had to hold it the entire flight. That must have been absolute torture for her! That would have been a very interesting flight to be on if not for the fact that I would probably be the one ending up having to pee!

I think that another female job that would make it very difficult to go to the bathroom for women is any job that takes place outdoors! Outdoors men usually have an easy enough option for peeing on a tree but a woman can't really pee outside unless she knows how to squat, and even then it's kind of hard to do that discreetly and privately. So in an outdoor situation a lot of women are forced to hold it all day long.

To make this more specific are there any women here who have a job where they have a hard time peeing or can't go to the bathroom all day, particularly if it's in a situation where male coworkers are able to go? How do you cope with that? I ask for "a friend" who certainly didn't just perhaps accept a job that's going to cause her phenomenal bladder pain in the near future…

"To make this more specific are there any women here who have a job where they have a hard time peeing or can't go to the bathroom all day, particularly if it's in a situation where male coworkers are able to go? How do you cope with that? I ask for "a friend" who certainly didn't just perhaps accept a job that's going to cause her phenomenal bladder pain in the near future…"

In case it wasn't obvious from the last post that friend is actually me and I had my first day at work yesterday and I think that anyone here who enjoys female bladder pain will enjoy reading the account more than I did suffering through it. So here you go, an account from a woman who is unfortunate enough to count herself among the newly employed in a job where women don't have infrequent bathroom access, they have none whatsoever, and I am terrified!

Just remember when you are at your nurse job or your cheerleader job or any of your other jobs where you are complaining about how infrequent the bathroom breaks are, remember the mantra, it may be infrequent, you may have to wait a while, but you still have access to a toilet! The woman writing this post right now does not. Sincerely, an aggravated woman who is trying to deal with the fact that she now has a job in that rare admittedly small percentage of women without bathroom access at work ALL DAY LONG.😅🥵😭😣😠🤦‍♀️

Read my account here, comments welcome, but please be kind, my bladder still hurts! https://desperatejill83.livejournal.com/706.html

On 6/24/2020 at 5:20 AM, DesperateJill said:

I think that another female job that would make it very difficult to go to the bathroom for women is any job that takes place outdoors! Outdoors men usually have an easy enough option for peeing on a tree but a woman can't really pee outside unless she knows how to squat, and even then it's kind of hard to do that discreetly and privately. So in an outdoor situation a lot of women are forced to hold it all day long.

I've done plenty of outdoors work, and I can personally attest the women I've worked with have had little hang-ups about peeing outside. It's just not a weird or difficult thing to them, probably due to experience and upbringing in rural areas.

I honestly don't intend to come across as mansplaining, but I felt obligated to share.

"I've done plenty of outdoors work, and I can personally attest the women I've worked with have had little hang-ups about peeing outside. It's just not a weird or difficult thing to them, probably due to experience and upbringing in rural areas.

I honestly don't intend to come across as mansplaining, but I felt obligated to share."

People's upbringing has a lot to do with it. In my family I was taught that women should never go outside because it's immodest and everything like that so I was never allowed to go to the bathroom anywhere but a toilet, but I grew up in the suburbs so I guess I just never learned to squat outside. Now I feel like I am one of the odd people out because I feel like more people expect women to go to the bathroom outside than I previously thought. But I can't really recall a single instance in my life where I have seen some woman squatting outside to go to the bathroom, but again I don't really live in a rural area so that could be the difference. I feel this deserves a thread of its own.

"Every job in public with limited access to a bathroom is as hard for women as for men. Men also can't just go to a nearest corner and pee whenever they choose."

True, but especially in an outdoor situation men can much more easily relieve themselves and women without exposing themselves. Men can pee much more discreetly whereas women have to show some ass to do so!

I have to confess that right now I am actually writing this post at work during some downtime and I am practically ready to scream because my male coworkers are watering the bushes and I have been holding it for the last four hours and I am absolutely bursting here, and I still have about 2 1/2 hours till my shift is over and I am going completely out of  my freaking mind here!

It is true, I can honestly say after only two days of this job is that being a woman at a job with absolutely no bathroom access whatsoever is one of the most frustrating situations in the world, but I suspect that a lot of people are probably going to like this post because they like the thought of that, as you all sit there probably with toilets just a few feet away should you need them. Forgive me if I'm not a little bit aggravated by that!

Some of my girlfriend's close friends are teachers, one is a nurse and another is a midwife. All of them have mentioned that they often have to last an entire day at work without a loo break (12+ hour shifts for the nurse and midwife) and have on occasion ended up incredibly desperate for a wee with no choice but to carry on working until they eventually get chance to go.

"Some of my girlfriend's close friends are teachers, one is a nurse and another is a midwife. All of them have mentioned that they often have to last an entire day at work without a loo break (12+ hour shifts for the nurse and midwife) and have on occasion ended up incredibly desperate for a wee with no choice but to carry on working until they eventually get chance to go. "

I must say that I am absolutely in awe of such women! Honestly going the other day six hours without a bathroom was enough to drive me completely out of my ever loving mind, I honestly don't know how other women cope with this because I am definitely not coping well!

"I think Uber or taxi drivers... they can’t take a quick pee or use dirty bathrooms, can’t pee outside, can’t use bottles etc"

That is also a good point but at the same time you have to figure taxi drivers can find a bathroom somewhere if they could stop for a break. When I am out there in the middle of the woods in the van even if I get a break (and my job is mostly downtime honestly) there is still no bathroom anywhere nearby, just lots and lots of trees mocking me lol.

"It would make sense to actively market adult nappies for women in some of these jobs."

If someone has a diaper fetish there is nothing wrong with that but the majority of women would not want to wear diapers at work and wouldn't want to be sitting in their own here and all day. You really shouldn't be a situation where a woman has to be reduced to wearing diapers like a child just so that you can get through her day.

I have to admit I must have been completely insane when I took an outdoor job with no bathroom access like this. It really is completely and utterly insane. I feel that as far my question goes about what are the worst jobs for women in regards to going to the bathroom, well I think that I must certainly have one of them. As far as women's bathroom access goes I am at the lowest end of the totem pole and I have to say I am not handling it swimmingly! I think I am going to start a couple of other posts along similar lines, but in the meantime you can read my account of my second day at work and what it drove me to at https://desperatejill83.livejournal.com/1080.html.

In fact in my account I actually mention this thread right here and how I feel like the Internet desperation community is probably having a good laugh at my expense right now seeing me in this nightmare desperation situation!

On 6/27/2020 at 7:52 AM, DesperateJill said:

"Some of my girlfriend's close friends are teachers, one is a nurse and another is a midwife. All of them have mentioned that they often have to last an entire day at work without a loo break (12+ hour shifts for the nurse and midwife) and have on occasion ended up incredibly desperate for a wee with no choice but to carry on working until they eventually get chance to go. "

I must say that I am absolutely in awe of such women! Honestly going the other day six hours without a bathroom was enough to drive me completely out of my ever loving mind, I honestly don't know how other women cope with this because I am definitely not coping well!

"I think Uber or taxi drivers... they can’t take a quick pee or use dirty bathrooms, can’t pee outside, can’t use bottles etc"

That is also a good point but at the same time you have to figure taxi drivers can find a bathroom somewhere if they could stop for a break. When I am out there in the middle of the woods in the van even if I get a break (and my job is mostly downtime honestly) there is still no bathroom anywhere nearby, just lots and lots of trees mocking me lol.

"It would make sense to actively market adult nappies for women in some of these jobs."

If someone has a diaper fetish there is nothing wrong with that but the majority of women would not want to wear diapers at work and wouldn't want to be sitting in their own here and all day. You really shouldn't be a situation where a woman has to be reduced to wearing diapers like a child just so that you can get through her day.

I have to admit I must have been completely insane when I took an outdoor job with no bathroom access like this. It really is completely and utterly insane. I feel that as far my question goes about what are the worst jobs for women in regards to going to the bathroom, well I think that I must certainly have one of them. As far as women's bathroom access goes I am at the lowest end of the totem pole and I have to say I am not handling it swimmingly! I think I am going to start a couple of other posts along similar lines, but in the meantime you can read my account of my second day at work and what it drove me to at https://desperatejill83.livejournal.com/1080.html.

In fact in my account I actually mention this thread right here and how I feel like the Internet desperation community is probably having a good laugh at my expense right now seeing me in this nightmare desperation situation!

Also jobs in like malls where workers have to use the general public restrooms but lines are too long for a quick pee break. I heard a staff once saying she has to hold it cause the lines are too long for a quick pee break

"Also jobs in like malls where workers have to use the general public restrooms but lines are too long for a quick pee break. I heard a staff once saying she has to hold it cause the lines are too long for a quick pee break"

I've heard that as well and it must be frustrating as you know that there are bathrooms there but you can't just use them in any timely manner. So again it's a situation where they technically provide you with restrooms but there is no legitimate way that you can actually use them. So no one can say hey you didn't provide them with restrooms, sure you did, you just didn't provide them with enough time to use them!

But I fully believe it, because I haven't been to the mall in a while but every time I have gone it has been huge lines. Like once I went with my friend and it was funny cause I was telling him about all of this desperation stuff, and then we go to the bathroom and there is a line like out the door and into the food court at the ladies room, and he is in and out of the men's room in literally 30 seconds! So it must be pretty brutal for people working at the mall as well, another one of those situations where women can't just pee easily.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, DesperateJill said:

your cheerleader job or any of your other jobs where you are complaining about how infrequent the bathroom breaks are, remember the mantra, it may be infrequent, you may have to wait a while, but you still have access to a toilet!

It's not alway so in cheerleading and dancing jobs. Most of the time, I go for dancing and cheerleading events in boys-only (unisex) schools which don't have female toilets. Obviously I can't use a boys' toilet as it's very embarrassing. So, no toilet access for girls. (and also very difficult to pee when I'm wearing traditional dance costumes) 

Even when the sport match was held in a public playground, we were not given separate toilets like the players got, and hence we (cheerleading girls) had to wait in long lines of the public toilets (which were for spectators). We don't have enough time to wait in lines, and in other hand it's very awkward when waiting in the toilet line with the cheerleading uniform. Therefore we almost never get a chance to pee when we're out for cheerleading and dancing events. And that's almost similar to not having a toilet access.

Edited by HoldingPrinces (see edit history)
On 6/26/2020 at 6:09 PM, DesperateJill said:

It is true, I can honestly say after only two days of this job is that being a woman at a job with absolutely no bathroom access whatsoever is one of the most frustrating situations in the world,

You're not alone. There are so many girls who hold pee all day at work, because of lack of bathroom access or some other reason. We are meant to hold. That's why the god hasn't given us that tube to pee wherever like boys do. But we are gifted with higher bladder capacity and holding ability than boys.

By the way, don't your male coworkers pay any attention on this? Don't they even ask you whether you have peed or not? 

"The malls mentioned above need to update their facilities to conform to "potty parity", which has become law in many places.  A ladies' room needs at least twice the number of toilets as the combined number of toilets and urinals in a men's room.  The total can remain the same, just move some walls and reapportion them."

True that some places are now conforming to potty parity but it mostly only applies to major renovations, so it's probably going to take a really long time before this is the norm. I haven't been to a mall in years truth be told, but almost every time I was I could remember having at least some type of a line, often a really long one. I think that the opposition often comes from men who feel that if they make more women's rooms it will take away from their rooms and they might end up having to wait for once!

"It's not alway so in cheerleading and dancing jobs. Most of the time, I go for dancing and cheerleading events in boys-only (unisex) schools which don't have female toilets. Obviously I can't use a boys' toilet as it's very embarrassing. So, no toilet access for girls. (and also very difficult to pee when I'm wearing traditional dance costumes)
Even when the sport match was held in a public playground, we were not given separate toilets like the players got, and hence we (cheerleading girls) had to wait in long lines of the public toilets (which were for spectators). We don't have enough time to wait in lines, and in other hand it's very awkward when waiting in the toilet line with the cheerleading uniform. Therefore we almost never get a chance to pee when we're out for cheerleading and dancing events. And that's almost similar to not having a toilet access."

Wow, I have to admit I honestly had no idea the cheerleaders had to go through all of that! How long (How many hours) do you usually have to go without a toilet? That must be truly hellish when you are doing all sorts of cheers and jumping around and doing all sorts of dance moves, as that must put a lot of pressure on the bladder. I don't know how anyone could possibly hold it while doing all sorts of dance moves and cheers. When I'm desperate I try to sit as still as a statue if possible. You must witness a lot of desperation. Do you enjoy being in a situation like that are is it somthing you've just learned to put up with?

This makes me sound evil, but I have to admit the thought of cheerleaders not being able to go to the bathroom all day is a really sexy thought! Perhaps that ends up losing me some sympathy points in that regard. Does the fact that you frequently have to hold it all day make you more sympathetic towards other women in situations like that or are you thinking, yeah Jill some other women have to wait, welcome to our world, get used to it! I have to admit that's been the response of a lot of people. Like oh you have to wait, well given how much you enjoyed seeing others in that situation in the past tough cookies!

I do sometimes feel like this is a harsh lesson from the universe, like I have been knocked off my pedestal and now I have to hold it like some type of mere mortal and it's really not easy at all! So I have to admit once again it's really humbling to see that other women have had to put up with this and I have to say it's amazing how you can do that, because I have only been at this like two days and it's already driving me completely nuts to be without a bathroom! How does anyone get used to or put up with this?!

"You're not alone. There are so many girls who hold pee all day at work, because of lack of bathroom access or some other reason. We are meant to hold. That's why the god hasn't given us that tube to pee wherever like boys do. But we are gifted with higher bladder capacity and holding ability than boys."

I have always felt this to be extremely unfair and maybe that is why I was never religious LOL. This is proof that if God exists he is most certainly a man some who takes pleasure in women's bladder pain. If given the choice between being able to pee whenever I wanted easily and conveniently or having higher bladder capacity and holding ability I would definitely take the later. I am not really necessarily convinced that we have higher bladder capacity and holding ability than boys, just that for society's reasons and for cultural reasons we are stuck holding it more often and just have to put up with it. Women are expected to stoically deny their needs. But it still really unfair. And now that I am one of those women who lacks bathroom access all day it feels even more unfair. I'll admit before it was kind of amusing when I saw others in that situation but being on the other side of the divide now I can see that it's definitely no laughing matter.

"By the way, don't your male coworkers pay any attention on this? Don't they even ask you whether you have peed or not? "

I am really glad to say that they have mostly been pretty quiet and they haven't said anything about it. But they certainly must have noticed that the first day I didn't go to the bathroom all day, and even before they were setting out they said last call for anyone who needs to go to the bathroom and I just sort of had to try hard to keep a straight face because I was ready to explode! So far they haven't asked me if I had to go to the bathroom but the other day when I ran out into the woods they probably had an idea of what was going on as some asked if I was OK. But I'm kind of glad that they haven't said anything about it because that would just make the situation more awkward and embarrassing.

"I disagree with this on so many levels."

Which part do you disagree with? As I said in my response I disagree with both, both that we have necessarily a greater holding capacity and ability, but I do agree that not for religious reasons but for cultural and social reasons women are expected to hold it. I don't think we are meant to hold it but I definitely think society has the attitude that we should hold it in tough cookies for us if we don't want to!

I think that a lot of women have internalized that attitude though as a result of societal conditioning. I think that a lot of women feel that women should hold it and that it's only natural for us to hold it. I know that my mom and her sisters definitely had that attitude that a woman should always try to hold it if possible. They avoided public toilets altogether but they certainly wouldn't be okay with people going outside. I pointed out how lots of situations where other women had to hold it when men did not they said that that's just the way it is and I think that a lot of people just sort of accept that as normal.

That attitude is also why we have lots of jobs where it's just generally accepted that women would have to hold it all day while the men are free to go to the bathroom more easily. Society's attitude is, what you wanted to go to the bathroom, too bad you didn't have a penis, oh well I guess you'll just have to hold it then! It is not divinely ordained and it is not fair but it is definitely a thing.