Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Alternative for nighttime incontinence for women?

I was watching a movie on tv today, when an ad came on for a device claiming to be an alternative option for women with nighttime incontinence... allow me to introduce you to the PureWick Urine Collection System.

https://www.purewickathome.com/

Watching the ad and seeing how they said it works, I canโ€™t imagine this being a comfortable device to use whilst trying to sleep, but Iโ€™m also not a woman myself...

ย Whatโ€™s your take on this thing, fellow peeps? Also, Iโ€™d be good money that @rachelkirwanย could find some way to have fun with this thing ๐Ÿ˜›

Edited by AverageHero (see edit history)

Catheters are scary! I have cried every time I've had one put in, and I have a super short urethra. I can only imagine what people with really long one (i.e. penes) go through ๐Ÿ˜žย 

ย 

But this one doesn't go inside of you? Watching the video.,,,,

ย 

OK I had no idea what this was going to look like going in and I'm halfway through the video and I'm like:

ย 

a) the CGI vagina is shaved.

b) the external catheter is way bigger than I thought it would be! It's like a middle sized dildo!

ย 

Fascinating product. I wonder how strong the suction is...

5 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

I have cried every time I've had one put in

It made me think about the operation of inject some medicine (sorry i forget the term of this operation and the medicine used, do you mind tell me here?) directly into your inner bladder muscle to fix your urine incontinence. Did you cry when the tube insert into your urethra๐Ÿ˜›? Sorry if this intimate question bother you.

5 hours ago, hahaeggy said:

It made me think about the operation of inject some medicine (sorry i forget the term of this operation and the medicine used, do you mind tell me here?) directly into your inner bladder muscle to fix your urine incontinence. Did you cry when the tube insert into your urethra๐Ÿ˜›? Sorry if this intimate question bother you.

It's ok to ask, and thanks for asking so nicely. So there are different tests when the insert a catheter, for me it was usually during urodynamics, where they slowly fill your bladder from a catheter to see how you can feel it at different levels off fullness. But the other injection I've had was Botox. I'm sure there are other tests out there as well and there are lots of other reasons to have a catheter inserted.

1 hour ago, rachelkirwan said:

It's ok to ask, and thanks for asking so nicely. So there are different tests when the insert a catheter, for me it was usually during urodynamics, where they slowly fill your bladder from a catheter to see how you can feel it at different levels off fullness. But the other injection I've had was Botox. I'm sure there are other tests out there as well and there are lots of other reasons to have a catheter inserted.

Thank you for answering! May I ask you whatโ€™s the difference of feeling of your urethra between the catheter and injector of Botox when they be inserted into your body? Again, donโ€™t force yourself answer if you fell uncomfortable with this question.ย 

13 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

Catheters are scary! I have cried every time I've had one put in, and I have a super short urethra. I can only imagine what people with really long one (i.e. penes) go through ๐Ÿ˜žย 

ย 

But this one doesn't go inside of you? Watching the video.,,,,

ย 

OK I had no idea what this was going to look like going in and I'm halfway through the video and I'm like:

ย 

a) the CGI vagina is shaved.

b) the external catheter is way bigger than I thought it would be! It's like a middle sized dildo!

ย 

Fascinating product. I wonder how strong the suction is...

I thought it was a catheter at first too, but yeah, its just something like a skinny pad attached to a vacuum tube, which seems really bizarre lol. I feel like this is intended only for people who are slow leakers, as a quick leak could flood the pad/suction area, which would cause you to still end up having to change clothes/sheets in the morning. Now, if the suction on this is good enough to handle a quick leak, I'd think that it would be pretty noisy, which may end up hurting you trying to sleep in the first place...

2 hours ago, AverageHero said:

Maybe we should crowd-source and find a way to get you one for... uh... for SCIENCE.ย 

Science. Not dirty reasons >.> Science.

I'd definitely give one of these a try... for science of course ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

ย 

1 minute ago, MrFoley said:

Catheters dont hurt if the insertion done gently, carefully. After a few hours, its not even noticable... Just keep drink enough for a clean urine!

And yeah, for me it was more just freaking out about having it go in.ย