Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Bladder Size Perspective?

I have a larger than average bladder size, being able to hold between 1300 and 1500mls when extremely desperate.

I remember a few years ago -when I became aware of how long it took me to pee when really desperate.

interestingly I remember thinking this must be the same for everybody!!!!

an example being, remembering seeing  a very desperate looking guy rushing up to a urinal, but then only pissing for about 20 seconds and feeling that this didn’t make sense- eg how could somebody appear so desperate yet pee so little!!! 

My time on this site has revealed the absolute range of bladder sizes in both genders ranging from maybe 300mls to way over 2 litres

has anyone else made similar assumptions- ie that their own bladder size (big or small) was normal? 

As I began to be aware of how long and how much others peed, as well as how long they seemed to be able to hold it, I knew that my bladder was not more than average.  I noted that sometimes some friends got desperate sooner than I did, while others seemed to hold on forever.  I witnessed/heard urgent pees that lasted less than 20 seconds and a few that took a full minute, while my best was 40-45 seconds.  Looking at the bright side, being in the middle I get to enjoy both worlds!

I find that no matter what I usually have to go to the bathroom every hour or two. I can hold many times that but I will be uncomfortable pretty quickly, which from a desperation perspective I suppose is good because I need to go quickly but I can hold that long if I have to, so I can draw out a holding session and make it really intense.

Mine is still on a larger size, being able to hold at least 1.5 liters (up to 2 liters if I go for extreme hold), but I changed my perspective on average bladder sizes. In my early teens I've read in most biology books that average size of human bladder is 500 ml and I thought that's what most people can hold. But from omorashi related sites and talking to others later I figured that actual average bladder size is closer to one liter. There were a few women I did online holds with who could hold significantly more, and few who could hold significantly less, but the vast majority ranged around 800-1200 ml.

48 minutes ago, Dtravis said:

Mine is still on a larger size, being able to hold at least 1.5 liters (up to 2 liters if I go for extreme hold), but I changed my perspective on average bladder sizes. In my early teens I've read in most biology books that average size of human bladder is 500 ml and I thought that's what most people can hold. But from omorashi related sites and talking to others later I figured that actual average bladder size is closer to one liter. There were a few women I did online holds with who could hold significantly more, and few who could hold significantly less, but the vast majority ranged around 800-1200 ml.

Wow... nice.. my extreme holding is a 1.3L record..I want to train to beb1.5L some day.. impressive. Congrats 

I have paid attention to peeing habits of people around me when out with people, and I am almost always among the least frequent pee-ers of the group. I've also talked aith a lot of people about peeing habits, and pretty much all of them pee more often than me or about the same, suggesting I'm above average. I've never measured, so I don't know my size, though. I just know how long I can hold compared to others. Thanks to differences in hydration, activity, etc, it's impossible to know if my bladder is bigger than other people's or if I just don't make pee as fast.

One factor that seems to affect peeing frequency is the speed at which the kidneys process fluids.  Some people appear to have "fast" kidneys - they need to pee soon after drinking anything, especially diuretic liquids like alcohol or caffeine.  Others can drink six beers and not need to go for hours.  The level of hydration, of course, makes a big difference as well, but even adjusting for this it seems to me that some people process fluids more quickly than others.

A normal capacity would be from about 300mL to 2L or more. I guess my capacity at 1400ml is on the "small side of the scale" as an average pee is only like 180-220mL. With the friends i've had irl, it could be 50/50 of being smaller or larger. They're some who have needed to pee as often as I do and some that go hours ahead with no problem, and a few that can go an entire day. 

With only a 300ml bladder I’m one of those guys that desperately rush to the urinal only to pee for a few seconds!

However one factor to consider in time-at-urinal is that when very desperate it takes a long time to empty that last bit. After the main stream is over I find I continue to emit smaller spurts for a while as, I assume, the bladder slowly recovers and relaxes back.