Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

ICAO calls for airlines to restrict passenger's access to toilets during coronavirus pandemic

Even before the pandemic there were many flights I wished I had worn a diaper. Especially USA airlines. They keep the "seat belts on" light on with the slightest turbulence and really insisted you sit down if you get up to use the toilet while the light is on. Just \a few people in line they'd say "due to security" to go back to your seat to wait your turn.

Guest w92iasd

Interesting; to be fair they are basically saying just allocate 1 for crew use but it would be interesting on smaller planes where theres only a couple bathroom and usually, some end up in the business or first class sections.

On 6/1/2020 at 6:16 PM, 1980asmk said:

Even before the pandemic there were many flights I wished I had worn a diaper. Especially USA airlines. They keep the "seat belts on" light on with the slightest turbulence and really insisted you sit down if you get up to use the toilet while the light is on. Just \a few people in line they'd say "due to security" to go back to your seat to wait your turn.

I hear you, except I always wear on planes. Because yeah... I'm not wetting another airplane seat!

ย 

It doesn't sound like that big of a deal; passengers still have access to toilets. I don't think they can have it so that a passenger CAN'T use it, especially on long haul flights. That would be unethical. There's just no queing and you have to ask for access. Which is honestly really annoying, and not permanent. I feel like most people will only be flying if necessary.

This really only affecst the aisle seat. See this thread I started and my stories on there when you are stuck in the middle and window seat where you have to hold it for hours anyways since the aisle seat controls your access and comfort for the flight. I have a few more expeirences to write that my poor bladder had to suffer through all my flying. I think this makes it even worse if you dont have an aisle seat because now you have to ask for permission and cant just slip out when the aisle seat goesย 

ย ย