Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Are women now planing/going to hold even more when going outside because of COVID?

If public restrooms do reopen do you plan on using them or holding still since women have more contact touch points than men who can just stand and use a urinal and not have your pants or bags etc touch stall doors or like wipe etc. I know so far public rstrooms are pretty much all closed and even as a man I have to hold it sometimes in pbulic for a while but sometimes I go if it is open but if I had to sit I cant imagine wanting to touch it because of the hassle to santizie your bags, shirts, and legs etc. I feel that once we can gather in pbulic women will be more likley to hold because they cant use urinals. I already do a girl in my class who since mid Feb avodied public restrooms for this reason and I dont think she is expecting she will have to hold it out even more now 

I always use stalls when peeing and I will continue to avoid public restrooms if possible. If really necessary, I might use urinals more often than before. It's still better to dribble after I put my penis back in my panties than risk using a stall. At least when I'm dressed as a man. When I'm dressed as a woman, I don't really have a choice.  It's either using a stall or wait until I wet myself.

21 hours ago, PrincessPeeach said:

I don’t feel like touching the surfaces in a public restroom puts one at increased risk of COVID compared to say touching a gas pump, or the door handle of a store....

I mean you wash your hands after, right? And you don’t typically put your bags or clothes in your mouth (or eyes or nose) so I don’t really get the added risk.....

I guess everyone has a different tolerance level, but I haven’t had a problem locating public bathrooms that are open, nor do I feel concerned using them. 

Yes, you wash your hands, but you usually have to put you bag on the floor or on a ledge in a bathroom when peeing and sooner or later you will touch that part of your bag too, so you can get virus on your hands at later time, not only in a bathroom. 

Not a huge chance, but why risk it.

I went on a hike in a recently partially reopened Canadian National Park yesterday. You were allowed to walk in the park, but all buildings were closed, so no bathroom was available. I did see a few women suspiciously fidgety in the trails, one walking around one of the closed buildings with a worried look and crossing her legs from time to time, and one that I heard say to her boyfriend in the parking lot to "hurry up or she was gonna explode". 

My own girlfriend, while she did not let on too much, went straight to the bathroom when we came back and peed full-force for a good minute.

It's definitely good times for the community...

• 5 months later...

"Funny video that explores this..................................."

Great video. Great illustration of the double standard.

But getting back to the issue of Covid limiting bathroom access specifically I haven't had a major problem with it when I am in the suburbs and everything like that. I have hardly been out of the house at all since Covid, and the only place I have really gone is the bookstore and the hospital mostly. In the bookstore they want only one person in the bathroom at a time but it's not like the bookstore is extremely crowded. And at the hospital the bathroom is not really an issue since everything there is sterile anyway.

The big issue though was at my job that I happened to get just at the time that the pandemic was hitting, which was outdoors. The problem with this is that a lot of the outdoor places that I went like parks and beaches and other large public places, pre-pandemic would have had bathrooms open to the public, but now because of the virus have not. So if it had not been for that specific timing of my job with the pandemic I might have had an available bathroom, but instead I ended up having to basically hold it all day because of the karmic bitchslap of suddenly being out and about in public for the first time with an outdoor job just when they were closing all of the public toilets, just when everybody else was working from home like I used to be so lucky to do with their toilet 5 inches away! Now that was the biggest frustration that has come my way as a result of Covid, so in that regard the timing couldn't have possibly been worse!

1 minute ago, LizJWetting said:

To be honest since Covid I just haven't really been getting out that much. Things like going shopping or sitting in a cafe for lunch aren't possible at the moment (in the UK we're currently in a second lockdown) and even when you were allowed to go to such places they just weren't as pleasurable with all the restrictions anyway. If I really need to buy something I just go in the store, get whatever I need and then go straight back home again. So I haven't often been in a situation where I've actually needed to use public toilets, regardless of whether they are open or if I'd want to use them.

You should come out to the countryside, Liz. Plenty of holding and peeing opportunities out in the sticks, whatever floats your boat.

4 minutes ago, LizJWetting said:

To be honest since Covid I just haven't really been getting out that much. Things like going shopping or sitting in a cafe for lunch aren't possible at the moment (in the UK we're currently in a second lockdown) and even when you were allowed to go to such places they just weren't as pleasurable with all the restrictions anyway. If I really need to buy something I just go in the store, get whatever I need and then go straight back home again. So I haven't often been in a situation where I've actually needed to use public toilets, regardless of whether they are open or if I'd want to use them.

I agree, everything's so sole less atm. No enjoyment to be found when going out.  

When the pubs reopened in the UK I'd go for a few pints a couple of times a week while it was warm enough to sit outside as I consider the risk in enclosed public spaces spaces too high and public toilets off the scale because of spray and aerosols.  Obviously there's a potential problem with this approach so I've taken to wearing a nappy and plastic pants, in fact any time I go out for more than a quick trip to the shops I wear one just in case.  Often the nappy wasn't needed and could be used again but several times I've run into friends, stayed longer than planned and ended up getting home with a very wet nappy.

On 11/22/2020 at 11:44 PM, M_F said:

Ingrid Oliver pays osgood on Dr Who.....she posted "My life currently consists of dehydrating myself to dangerous levels so I can have drinks with friends in the park without having to wee in front of strangers."

i'd like to see Osgood desperate to pee or poo and having an accident in her trousers

Oh my. That's one of my fantasies addressed...