Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

My stories to be paid or not

As an author of some diaper stories within the forums, I had a question regarding a potential future story in the works. I can’t give many details about it, but I can say its quality and value is higher than my other written stories. Thus, it brings me to my question about making some part up for payment.

I was thinking of different methods I could go about, so let me know what you think or if you have better ideas for it. My first case would be to have it read on purchase. In this case, it would be like a book in that you’d have to buy it to read it. Most likely published as an e-book in this case.

The next case I thought of was using Patreon. However, I’m a little unfamiliar with how it all works. If it serves as a subscription base where subscribers pay a monthly fee, then I could have it fully available to Patreon supporters.

My idea alongside this is that I could post each chapter every month to the internet for everyone to be able to read. However, to be able to read all of the content immediately would be to become a Patreon supporter.

Though I don’t have much content to be able to provide supporters at the moment, however, this is one of the options in my head.

I want to make the story where many will be able to read it and enjoy it, though I feel some compensation is necessary for the hard-efforts in writing said content. At least, to find a balance between those two things. Let me know what you think?

I'd do Patreon where you would release 1 chapter a month or have a pay per chapter setup. When your story is fully posted on Patreon, you could release it month by month online. I'd also try to set it up where the patrons can only access the months they pay for, otherwise you'll have people who sign up to the Patreons and leave before they have to pay. 

Patreon can be used as a first-exclusive look to entice people to read it, but the moment you make a permanent paywall, it won't reach all the people you want to read it. 

You can also have the higher price tiers get a shout out on the public release of your story. 

18 hours ago, polaryoshi said:

I'd do Patreon where you would release 1 chapter a month or have a pay per chapter setup. When your story is fully posted on Patreon, you could release it month by month online. I'd also try to set it up where the patrons can only access the months they pay for, otherwise you'll have people who sign up to the Patreons and leave before they have to pay. 

Ah, that does make sense to use that method in concur with what I thought. Now the next question would be the method for advertising it. Perhaps I could make posts with a small sample and a link for the Patreon page to get the audience curious to check it out much before it'll release for the general public.