Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

who here still uses their child hood toy?

I'm pretty sad, almost everything is gone. I think it was when I was getting over playing with toys and having this "I wanna be adult already" phase, I said to my mom that she can get rid of them. Later, especially recently I've regretted that a lot. I had a lot of cool toys, which I wish I still had. My Little Ponies and a princess castle...

However, I still have some of the stuffed toys from my childhood. A lot of Teletubbies for example. :D

s-l400.jpg.18a547e941a656da3a03fcb975e90393.jpg

I dunno if this is the exact one.  Speakers went out,  screen faded,  I lost it 10 years ago, but it lasted the longest time in my life.

It had a peculiar pokemon yellow cartridge.  It let me ignore physical boundaries lime 1/3 dpad presses so I went through the game out of order. As a kid I thought pkm yellow carts where intentionally broken to avoid screaming stuck children,  and that unlike yellow b/r carts where solidly made.

i have a gba,  game boys are cool!

14 hours ago, Ninji said:

s-l400.jpg.18a547e941a656da3a03fcb975e90393.jpg

I dunno if this is the exact one.  Speakers went out,  screen faded,  I lost it 10 years ago, but it lasted the longest time in my life.

It had a peculiar pokemon yellow cartridge.  It let me ignore physical boundaries lime 1/3 dpad presses so I went through the game out of order. As a kid I thought pkm yellow carts where intentionally broken to avoid screaming stuck children,  and that unlike yellow b/r carts where solidly made.

On 5/23/2020 at 8:39 PM, TokenGothChick said:

Yep, I still sleep with my stuffed cat, I plan to give him to my children someday but I don't have any.

Same!  I also have a stuffie cat that I still sleep with - since 2000.  I'd say it's special to me because I got it during one of the last few family outings where everyone was all together.  It's been a comforting item all these years... I'll never get rid of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Only the toys that my father made for me. I could never get rid of them as he put in hours of work in his workshop to make them, and they are something to remember him by. They are quality woodwork.  If I’d had a son I’d I’ve given them to him, but I don’t. Waiting and hoping for a grandson instead, but daughter isn’t showing much interest in producing one.  

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, just saying it was the first thing that dropped into my mind 😛 

(but yeah, I suppose I should've taken "childhood" way more litterally. Something about the wording definitely threw me off, though, you typically don't "use" regular toys 😛 )

• 2 months later...

I also still have my little blankie. My boyfriend thinks its funny, not because I've kept it for so long, but because I'm literally over 400lbs/180kg heavier than I was when I actively used it. It looks like an actual napkin next to me. It barely covers any of my belly, let alone me. But I still keep it. It's laying on the back of the couch, and I still put it over the top of my belly sometimes even though it helps nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I've slept with my blankie since I was born almost 28 years ago (!) I also have a lot of stuffed animals who live on my bookshelves as I never really made a habit of sleeping with them, just playing. I do sleep with Eeyore in my bed but Blankie is the easiest to cuddle and my go-to since I was a baby. I also have stuffed animals in the attic who will be coming with me when I move out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just recently found my old BIONICLE sets and put a few back together. I found one that was almost completely put back together, one of the Toa Metru. Whenua, Toa of Earth. I later rebuilt Vakama, Toa of Fire, but he's still missing some pieces. I still need to finish rebuilding Matau, Toa of Air.