Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Does your bladder weaken over time from long holds?

I am talking about deliberate desperation and not my poor bladder suffering in public. For years I have tried to wet my pants but never worked out but I did leak. Recently especially last two months at home I have been leaking more and can’t hold my as long. Like after a boba and some water I can be pretty desperate. But worse of all i leak more now and maybe earlier. Don’t get me wrong my bladder still seems large but I feel like the desperate feel hits sooner now and I leak more now. Like enough to soak my pants but still no full wetting. I thought more holds strengthen my bladder. The other reason may be that I drink more now and force more liquid into my bladder but I don’t recall fully how much I used to drink to force desoerarion but I used to drink more water than boba 

i used to het some back pains but not anymore

Edited by Angusburger (see edit history)

I actually feel the same way. I'm 26, I started holding for fun about 11 or 12 years ago. It does seem like my bladder can hold more now, about 1 liter, but it's as if it fills up faster than it used to, if that makes sense. I can also get to the point of starting to leak, but after that the pain just gets to be too much to be fun. I have gotten back pain a couple times before, but I try to pace myself now and not over-do it. 

Over time I suppose if you always stretch your bladder by holding it to the last second it could lose some elasticity . There could be other unrelated issues as well.  I am probably a lot older than you. At almost 68 I can not hold it like I used to . Sometimes I quickly go from a mild need to very urgent in minutes. My prostate is enlarged, and have some symptoms of an overactive bladder. Some of my life choices may have somethings to do with it as well. 

As I mentioned in another thread in my teen years I held my pee almost every day. Also after all these years my brain has associated being desperate and even wetting my pants with enjoyment. I did hold my pee until it came out frequently , at home for fun.

Even 10-12 years ago I began leaking as I locked up the store where I worked. I associated that with too much pee play. I stopped for a while and did kegel exercises to regain control.

You might have a similar issue. Your brain knows you want to wet your pants, and now you have too much of a "good "thing. Perhaps stop holding your pee for a few weeks.

Personally no- 51 now and been doing this on and off for 30 years!

i can hold in the region of 3 litres of liquid for maybe 4 hours, and I hardly ever leak- in fact the only times that i leak are if I watch peeing vids when at the really desperate stage or I do holds on consecutive days. The last couple of times I have noticed that the bladder discomfort becomes less bearable more quickly, however I still feel that I am choosing to pee and certainly have no loss of control 

11 hours ago, wettingman said:

Your brain knows you want to wet your pants, and now you have too much of a "good "thing. Perhaps stop holding your pee for a few weeks.

I agree that psychology is a major factor.  But also, as we age our body parts become less flexible, and I imagine that the bladder is no exception.  I suspect that after 60 this becomes more noticeable.  

5 hours ago, Spectator9 said:

I agree that psychology is a major factor.  But also, as we age our body parts become less flexible, and I imagine that the bladder is no exception.  I suspect that after 60 this becomes more noticeable.  

You are correct. Basically nothing works like it used to. I don't have the physical strength I used to, so that would include my bladder sphincter. I should have mentioned that. Thank you for the correction. 

I didn’t realize until I passed 60 how it felt.

But I still have fun.                    

I've noticed in the short term, if I hold it for a long time when I really have to go (honestly, for me, that's like... 2-3 hours lol), I generally have to go again about an hour later, especially if I've still been drinking. I always have to pee more in the morning, since I don't tend to get up at night (I do sometimes, but there are times that I woke up with the urge to pee and just fell back asleep). So I can how this would affect you with extreme holds. I do very mild holding and feel the effects.

I've done some research on this too (I'm very paranoid about health problems, not just regarding omo), and I consistently see that they don't recommend holding for 10+ hours regularly, and that over time, the bladder loses elasticity. Everyone is different though, and circumstances are different. Like once I went without peeing for 16 hours on an out of town job, but I wasn't desperate for very long, actually I don't remember being desperate until I got home, because I barely drank anything.

It's very obvious that bladder muscles get much weaker if you hold consecutively a few times, but long term, I don't know if that is just a normal natural process of getting older or it's my fault, because I indulge in omo activities daily. Definitely my bladder is weaker than it was 20 years ago and I have to pee more often than before. That became especially obvious during sleep and I leak much faster now.

I believe if you gradually hold a little bit more over time your bladder will get stronger and that playing holding games has definitely increased my bladder capacity, although I still feel the need to go just as soon, although I can hold it longer. However doing an extremely long hold to the point where you are in physical pain or something like that will result in you having to go to the bathroom more for a while after that and maybe being weak in the bladder for several days. So I don't recommend doing that regularly, desperation is something that should be done and built up to gradually and done in moderation. I feel that if you work towards gradually you can make your bladder size bigger but if you try to push it too far you will have the opposite effect.

16 hours ago, Angusburger said:

Does anyone know if its dangerous for your health to keep holding it to the point of leaking? Does it do other damage to your body? I have never had a UTI before from this but I am afriad of other stuff but I am not really in pain 

Some people can hold to the point of experiencing real pain and risking damage, but perhaps the majority of us will start to leak or spurt before that happens.  Pain is a warning, but that's different from just discomfort.  A UTI is more likely if you hold often.

For me, it seems to be a matter of the bladder becoming more reactive after holding a very large amount. All of a sudden I'll be hit with a major urge, much stronger than normal, and with very little warning. It can sometimes be impossible to properly control unless I'm in a position where I can squirm or hold myself. That means I'm likely to leak a bit in awkward situations, such as at work, so nowadays I try to avoid getting carried away with holding too much for fun!

Guest Peter-P

As far as I know, the effect of a large bladder, a strong sphincter and being used to extreme holds is, that you don't realise how overly full your bladder already is and how much too quickly it fills, as you are used to succeed.

That means you fill your bladder more quickly and to a higher level than in the past. And you don't realise how extremely full it already got. When you realise it later - in a sudden - it is already on a level your shincter can have to really fight, but you are still surprised an probably leak...!

That is one effect of getting used to a bursting bladder - and don't realise it really anymore in the way you should.

That is the actual medical state of knowledge, taught at the university.

So, you have to train your spincter to cope with the more sudden realising of a bursting bladder plus strong spasms...!

Edited by Peter-P (see edit history)

Ive never had bonafide health issues in my decade and a half of holding too loss of control. Ill go on wetting rampages  were I will truly lose control and wet myself for days on end.Iv never experience a  bonafide health issue meaning any UTI's, permanent incontinence or other medical issues. I keep well hydrated and know women suffer from UTI's more so than men, but kidney stones are something I think about long term. I had experience "burning" sensations when peeing after my bladder abuse but keeping hydrated and doing healthy things it never became a problem. this is my experience..... every body is different.

That being said, my body/bladder has definably changed over the years. 15 years ago when I went all in to experience loss of control, It was really painful. Often I would say "mercy" and wet myself and that was that, although at times I bit through the pain... took hours though of that punishment. I noticed though a weaker bladder after that. I extorted this feed back and found a initial hold would weaken my ability to physically hold my pee in for subsequent holds. the snowball continues if edged just right.

for me, doing this repeatedly,  I will experience true sudden incontinence and have been in very public settings that were not planned, but without the " oh shit that hurts in a bad way". I worried myself a bit when I first experienced this because I thought I hurt my-self physically and was going to have accidents all the time in circumstances that i didn't want that. The embarrassment was another thing but something that can be water down the pant-leg;-)

after my initial "surprise" of "yup... I pissed my pants without much warning in front of people" I stumbled to regain control. It didn't take long. After a  couple days of peeing when I needed too, awareness of how much I was drinking and not getting overly desperate or in a tight situation, my bladder fully recovered but stronger it seemed.

Now when i want to experience incontinence, Ill get desperate... let a little go.... get desperate.... let a little go..... repeat and repeat and you will lost your control without much warning. Ill do this days on end and have a good time with this.

Listen to your body, know your relationship and wants with omorashi and know their are risks with everything, everyone is different.

I definitely think my past holds have contributed to me becoming desperate more frequently and suddenly. Either that, or it's doing the holds and then not taking part in them for many years. I knew I could hold for long periods of time back then and wouldn't have any trouble, but when a twinge of needing to pee comes along, I notice it very strongly and it takes a bit of a mild squirm to keep it away at that moment.

If we speak about really long lasting or even permanent weakening then I don't believe so. I've done frequent holds through my mid/late teens and early 20's, I mean average 2-3 holds a week till my bladder aches, and at least 1-2 holds a month where I couldn't take it anymore and felt like I am exploding. However most of my holds were under 5-6 hours so I don't know if it qualifies as long for you, I didn't like slow paced holds like 12 hours and preferred to drink faster and get desperate within few hours. I didn't and, years later, still don't feel any long term weakening effects on my bladder.

But if we speak about short term effects, then it definitely can happen. After extreme holds my bladder would be sensitive and less strong for up to a few days, and with frequent holds sometimes it would weaken enough that I would notice a difference if I would let it rest for a few weeks and recover.

On 5/20/2020 at 6:09 AM, Anna B said:

For me, it seems to be a matter of the bladder becoming more reactive after holding a very large amount. All of a sudden I'll be hit with a major urge, much stronger than normal, and with very little warning. It can sometimes be impossible to properly control unless I'm in a position where I can squirm or hold myself. That means I'm likely to leak a bit in awkward situations, such as at work, so nowadays I try to avoid getting carried away with holding too much for fun!

You could always wear a pad or adult pull-up to deal with those little mishaps after a hold...

For me, in the short term it does weaken my bladder. I find, that after a long very desperate hold, I refill very quickly and have to pee a lot more often for about 3 hours after. If I try a second long term hold, it ends very quickly as I cannot seem to control it as easily. However, if I wait until the next day, all seems fine and I don't seem to have any issue doing a long term hold again. 

This is my experience and I am sure that it varies from person to person. 

On 5/12/2020 at 9:55 PM, BladderLad said:

Personally no- 51 now and been doing this on and off for 30 years!

i can hold in the region of 3 litres of liquid for maybe 4 hours, and I hardly ever leak- in fact the only times that i leak are if I watch peeing vids when at the really desperate stage or I do holds on consecutive days. The last couple of times I have noticed that the bladder discomfort becomes less bearable more quickly, however I still feel that I am choosing to pee and certainly have no loss of control 

That's quite a long time to hold such a large amount! Have you ever measured your bladder capacity? 

On 5/15/2020 at 5:01 AM, DesperateJill said:

I believe if you gradually hold a little bit more over time your bladder will get stronger and that playing holding games has definitely increased my bladder capacity, although I still feel the need to go just as soon, although I can hold it longer. However doing an extremely long hold to the point where you are in physical pain or something like that will result in you having to go to the bathroom more for a while after that and maybe being weak in the bladder for several days. So I don't recommend doing that regularly, desperation is something that should be done and built up to gradually and done in moderation. I feel that if you work towards gradually you can make your bladder size bigger but if you try to push it too far you will have the opposite effect.

Do you ever measure your bladder capacity maximum?

On 5/20/2020 at 1:09 AM, Anna B said:

Do you ever wear liners to guard against leaks?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 2:35 PM, johnsmithvideo said:

Do you ever wear liners to guard against leaks?

Not normally; I don't want to give in to any thoughts of being partially incontinent. I take pride in not needing them, it keeps me feeling oung and free! I only have a few times when I've known I would very likely end up in a situation where I would be badly needing a toilet but it would be some time before I could get to one. Then I've got the "emergency backup" of being able to let a few little bits out now and then to buy more time.