Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Tight or Loose Fit?

What kind of diaper fitting do you prefer? Should they be snug up to your body, or should they be looser and give room to move? Does going for a looser fit increase your risk of leaks?

So, I typically use pullups. Problem is, I'm smack dab in-between most size ranges, so I could technically go with either small/medium sizes or large/XL sizes. So far I've been erring on the "small" side. My reasoning is a smaller size fits tighter and should make a better seal on my skin, and thus should leak less. However they're just tight enough that it can sometimes get a tad uncomfortable, especially if I'm sleeping in them. I'm just not sure if I should go to the larger size, and risk ending up with something that's gonna leak way easier.

Guest ppj112

I really prefer a secure fit. Like I know things are going to stay in there if I'm moving about a lot. I generally don't like it coming loose or moving around if I'm wearing under clothes - it just makes me anxious because I feel like my clothes are slipping off! 😅

Diapers should be tight fitting to keep moisture and wettings in so your pants and sheets stay dry.

There are some different types of diapers that change what you can do in the diaper though.

For example, Tykables have released their waddler cut diapers which allow you to move around and wear the diaper actively without fear of leaks. They aren't a 24/7 or overnight diaper, but they are very comfortable to wear when you are active. 

Then there are overnight and 24/7 diapers which are bulky and are meant to be worn for 12+ hours a day. They are great for when you are sitting for longer periods or are sleeping, but aren't very mobile. 

Then there's the lighter and discreet diapers which can be worn under clothing and are generally for light use. I imagine those are closer to pull ups and underwear. 

• 3 weeks later...