Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Apologies if there are any weird formatting issues in this post; my phone is a dinosaur.

So some of you may know this already from my forum in Wetting Experiences, but I've been trying to limit pee breaks more. I'm one of those people who normally has to go every 2 hours, sometimes every hour, and before I started trying to wait longer, I probably peed like 10-12 times a day. I COULD wait if I wanted to, and I often did for work, but it was hard and I had to consciously control my drinking.

So I googled if it was normal to pee that much, basically the average. The average is about 6-8 times a day, and I've been staying in that range for the most part, although I really have to try. But I also saw that it takes 8-9 hours to fill an adult bladder. How is this possible? I know most people can't wait 8 hours without peeing and drinking normally (judging by the fact the fact most people take pee breaks at work), not counting overnight. No matter how I look at it, it just doesn't make sense, especially when most people apparently pee every 3-4 hours. Am I thinking too much about this? I mean, I feel like my bladder fills up every 2-4 hours, and more often if I drink more. I CAN go 8 hours without peeing, but it's rare, unless I have a very good reason to hold it that long.

I know people have different capacities, but I HIGHLY doubt it takes the average bladder 8 hours to reach fullness. Although many people are technically chronically dehydrated, so maybe that's part of it?

I know this is a silly topic, it's just been bothering me lately. It's just not adding up lol. 

It's all relatively. If you drink roughly 3-4 pints a day and pee 3 times a day, your average pee will be only 16-20 oz, most people can hold that much. And I know people who don't even drink that amount. But if you drink 6-8 pints a day, that's a very different story. Also, how much do you pee on average, and how much can you hold when bursting. Like some people go to pee when their bladder is only 25-30% full and they feel light need to pee. I personally don't feel much needing to pee until my bladder is 40-50% full, and I can hold roughly a liter without any trouble even in public. So again, everyone and every situation is different.

1 hour ago, DouglasCande said:

You may be experiencing polyuria (peeing frequently) which MAY (but not necessarily) suggest a urinary tract infection or diabetes. If it interupts your sleep or bothers you maybe you could go to a doctor a have it checked just in case. That way you are 100% sure that everything is OK and that you just have a small bladder.

I've always been like that. I think I really do just have a small bladder. It normally doesn't interrupt my sleep. I also have anxiety issues, which I know can affect the bladder.

I'm mostly saying I highly doubt it takes 8 hours to fill the bladder when drinking enough unless you're sweating a lot. I drink about what is recommended, 8 cups a day. 

Maybe everyone really is different, I'm just envious of people who only have to pee like 3 times a day or less.

I normally pee every hour or two. Although I can hold it longer I will feel a constant need to go anything beyond two hours and it will be distracting to me and uncomfortable. I definitely go to the bathroom a lot more than people normally do I think that I have always been like that. I wet my bed until my teenage years and I frequently wake up to go to the bathroom while sleeping despite the fact that I usually don't sleep for more than a few hours at a time in general. But to be fair I do drink a fair amount and I always have a bottle of water near me.

But I don't think that the average person can go eight hours without going to the bathroom. Again on a board like this you have to assume that is not a really a representative group, seeing as a lot of people here have deliberately increased their bladder capacity through holding recreationally, which is something the vast majority of people about this fetish do not do. Trying to determine the average using a bunch of people on a pee fetish board is pretty much the same as trying to asses the average athletic ability of a person using nothing but Olympic athletes.

10 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I normally pee every hour or two. Although I can hold it longer I will feel a constant need to go anything beyond two hours and it will be distracting to me and uncomfortable. I definitely go to the bathroom a lot more than people normally do I think that I have always been like that. I wet my bed until my teenage years and I frequently wake up to go to the bathroom while sleeping despite the fact that I usually don't sleep for more than a few hours at a time in general. But to be fair I do drink a fair amount and I always have a bottle of water near me.

But I don't think that the average person can go eight hours without going to the bathroom. Again on a board like this you have to assume that is not a really a representative group, seeing as a lot of people here have deliberately increased their bladder capacity through holding recreationally, which is something the vast majority of people about this fetish do not do. Trying to determine the average using a bunch of people on a pee fetish board is pretty much the same as trying to asses the average athletic ability of a person using nothing but Olympic athletes.

You make a very good point. I'm assuming most people don't really think about it either, unless it becomes inconvenient or their habits drastically change.