Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Did your school or college often have long lines between classes for the restroom?

I am really curious because it seems like some college buildings don’t have enough restrooms while others have too much. As a guy I am thankful I rarely have lines but in some buildings the women’s restroom always has a long line but on some day has none. I have always been curious how long the line takes as it seems like it can be pretty fast sometimes. How long were lines? Did you ever hold it cause of long lines? Was it ever embarrassing to have to wait in line when guys got to go?

i have a lot of minor stories/ observations. Like I have seen girls go to the restroom and see a long line and sigh and leave. Once I saw two girls and one girl wanted to wait while the other said “ no just go downstairs”. I was going tocdownstairs and there was a line too and there was sigh but they accepted the line. Men’s room had no lines at all. I do have some other stories including those of guys making comments at the lines

Surprisingly I dont think my high school ever had lines despite less restrooms and everyone on the same schedule. 

Edited by Angusburger (see edit history)

High school was really bad because we were only allowed to go to the bathroom between classes and we only had four minutes between classes so there was often a line for the ladies rooms and sometimes you'd have to wait several periods before getting to go.

The worst thing was the last two years where they found drugs and alcohol in one of the girls bathroom so they ended up locking all of them except for one bathroom, so several hundred girls had to make do with five stalls, meaning that most of the girls weren't able to get to go to the bathroom. I had to wait until lunch, which you could be late for, and by then I was bursting.

Fortunately college wasn't really an issue as college provided more bathrooms and with college you often had 15 minutes between classes and sometimes several hours, depending on what your schedule was, so in college it wasn't an issue luckily, but in high school it was pretty brutal and I think that was pretty formative of me developing this fetish.

The bad thing about high school was that they only locked the girls restroom and the boys still had all of their restrooms open so they never had any wait and that was really frustrating! My guy friends of course found it hilarious.

The college I went to was really spread out - like from the furthest building on one side to the other was a solid 25 minute maybe even half hour walk. It wasn’t a city school where there’s buildings and shops between. There was just a lot of open land. 

There wasn’t like set “passing times”. Each major sort of set there own class times and schedules. Which meant I never really ran into lines. 

However, when I was a Freshman and Sophomore and taking Gen Eds, they always seemed to be on opposite ends of campus. 15 minutes between classes but a 20 minute walk left exactly 0 minutes to pee. 

Fortunately, my best friend at the time had the exact same schedule. He lived in a different building than I did so whichever building was closer at the end of multiple classes in a row, we would just go there and go to the bathroom together. 

Thinking back at my own years in schools and colleges I'm wondering if there's a conscious distinction being made in our society between youngsters and adults. 

All schooling systems I've seen had (and still have) ample amount of facilities, while the amount of bathrooms in public places, workplaces or offices is severely less per person present. 

It's as if when one is still at school a whole different set of rules is being used regarding this basic human need. In general one could even say that students are offered a wide variety of basic facilities, while as soon as they enter the adult world, they're on their own and should find it themselves. 

One fine example is a busy shopping centre offcourse-litterally 

Hundreds of people and a total of 5 toiletstalls available at a remote and badly directed, thus often hard to find spot. 

17 hours ago, wannawatch said:

One fine example is a busy shopping centre offcourse-litterally 

Hundreds of people and a total of 5 toiletstalls available at a remote and badly directed, thus often hard to find spot. 

But it could be argued that when you’re going to those shopping destinations, you have plans to only be there for a few hours max, and typically won’t have a meal or anything substantial to drink, (unless you go to one of the restaurants or food court, in which case, boom, easily accessible bathroom). You’ll also typically go to the bathroom before leaving home, the old “just try before you go” mindset. 

whereas for school / work, you’re there much longer, will eat a meal, and it’s routine, so you may not go before heading in. 

Schools also have more, but typically limit when and what times you can go. Work doesn’t do that.  

"Schools also have more, but typically limit when and what times you can go. Work doesn’t do that."

Definitely true that with a limited amount of time to use the bathroom between classes if there is any type of line whatsoever you might not get to go. I suppose this is the same as adults being in a crowded place with thousands of people but not nearly enough bathrooms. So I don't think that there's not much of a difference between school and adulthood, I think that most likely society in general just doesn't provide enough bathrooms for the number of people who need them. High school is just preparation for a bathroomless adulthood!

In my high school (many years ago), in the "old" building the only toilets were in the basement.  There were a fair number of fixtures, but because it often meant traveling down two flights of stairs they weren't terribly convenient if you only had 3 to 5 minutes between classes.  In the "new" annex there were sufficient toilets on every floor.  But that short time between classes meant that you had to choose between peeing or something else - like going to your locker.  The rest rooms were busy before and after our 20-minute lunch time but I never noticed lines.

I think a majority of students either held it all day or used the toilets just once because of the time limits.  At that age we liked to socialize, too!

In high school I think there were enough toilets because I never saw lines. Having said that, I must also say I didn't pay much attention to whether there were lines because I held it all day. I only peed 8 times in high school. In college, I never saw lines at the bathrooms, but it's a similar situation. I didn't really pay too much attention to public bathrooms most of the time. I did consistently use a public bathroom 3 times a week last semester before the move online, but that's about all the attention I paid public bathrooms that semester.