Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Injury recovery and holding

Guest wetguy917

Guest wetguy917

I wondered how common this situation is. Yesterday I injured my back picking up my 100lb dog, it's pretty painful and hurts to move, even with medication. My doctor wants me to spend a few days off work  recovering. I find myself sitting on the couch in an upright position, with a bladder that could have been emptied an hour ago. It's not that I can't get up and go, it's that I know it's going to be painful to stand up and walk to the bathroom. This got me to thinking, how often are people in this situation where recovering from an injury, leads to holding off peeing  longer than normal? Anyone else had this experience?

A few years ago I had a car accident and ended up with two sprained ankles and I was on crutches. I only have one bathroom and it’s upstairs, getting upstairs too so long and was so painful that I delayed peeing so I would hopefully only need to go say three times a day and limit the struggle. I tried to set set times like midday then dinner time then before bed but drinking tea and resting meant I ended up bursting loads. 

I've broken my wrists a couple of times during my highschool-years. You would think that most everyday tasks can easily be done hand instead of two,right ? 

Boy, was I wrong in thinking that.. Luckily I got help from a lot of friendly students but for going to the toilet-that wasn't an option offcourse.

So I would delay my visits to the gents a great deal ,allways hoping I'd reach home before the need to pee got too intense..

Guest wetguy917

An interesting thing just happened, I got up to pee, I didn't have to go all that bad. But when I got into the bathroom, I took the one of the longest pees of my life! It was well over a liter, and took more than a minute at full force. It left me thinking, "where did all that just come from" I felt full, but not desperate, it was my first pee in probably 12 hours. 

54 minutes ago, wannawatch said:

I've broken my wrists a couple of times during my highschool-years. You would think that most everyday tasks can easily be done hand instead of two,right ? 

Boy, was I wrong in thinking that.. Luckily I got help from a lot of friendly students but for going to the toilet-that wasn't an option offcourse.

So I would delay my visits to the gents a great deal ,allways hoping I'd reach home before the need to pee got too intense..

I never had to deal with broken bones in school, but I would normally hold it in until I got home. I was a shy pisser back then. Led to some very full bladders

Edited by wetguy917 (see edit history)

The event that got me fully into omo happened when I was 11 1/2. I had a broken collarbone that came unset. Walking was very painful and slow. My mother gave me very strict instructions to stay in bed unless she helped me up. After my bladder filled, I called to my mother but she wanted to rest. Finally after several more times trying to get her help I gave up trying to get her attention. I waited until I peed in my pants. I told her and she changed me she changed me but refused to put me in diapers.  It felt so good I made no attempt use a toilet until the bone was reset. She always changed me but always refused to put me in diapers. Among other things within weeks I learned I could simulate a diaper with multiple undies.

Then many years later I tore the achilles tendon in one leg, and my then wife was leaving town for two weeks. A couple of days before she left she took me on a long shopping trip about 2 hours drive each way. I was limping and walking slowly. I  drank several soft drinks. We walked past the restrooms and got in the car.  I told her I needed to use the restroom. She said we didn't have time. We were close to home when she said we needed to pick up the kids. She did agree to take me home after I told her I would likely wet my pants if we did that. We got home and it took me a couple of minutes to get up the steps. I eventually got to the linoleum floor and stopped holding. She saw I was wetting and ordered me to clean up while she got the kids.

Within minutes after she left for her trip I put on plastic panties and wore them for the whole time she was gone. I changed only when I was afraid the plastic panties would leak.

Edited by scinosensation (see edit history)

Not an injury but I do a sport which results in frequently having VERY sore muscles, particularly legs, and toilets are lower than most seats so sitting down on them is particularly painful (and you can't just flop like you can onto a sofa) and so after a particularly intense training session I certainly can be inclined to hold on for longer than usual to avoid that pain.

Amusingly, I was once staying with my gran and she has a frame around her toilet so you can hold onto handles to help yourself get up and down and that thing was a godsend and now I'm wondering if they might have an untapped market in sportspeople 😂

I hope your back heals up soon! Back pain can be particularly unpleasant.