Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Shopping in the age of COVID

With the pandemic and current shelter-in-place order, when I need to go out on "necessary" shopping trips I try to group all of the stops into a single trip for efficiency and safety. So instead of separate trips over the course of a day or two and repeatedly coming and going from the house, I'll hit the supermarket, drug store, hardware store, gas station, etc., on one trip. Some of these places have closed their public restrooms, and even if they were open I'm currently not comfortable using them. Many of these places also have strict customer load limits which means lines to get inside the store and fewer check-out options, so the visits take longer than normal. On more than one occasion, I've become uncomfortably full toward the end of a trip. On one specific occasion, I skipped my last two planned stops to hurry home because I wasn't confident I could wait until I was done.

Obviously those of us on this board are way more likely to engineer this specific type of a situation when consciously or unconsciously doing a hold, but this seems to me like the perfect scenario for those non-omo inclined people to find themselves in a publicly desperate dilemma. Very curious if more personal or observed anecdotes will pop up out of all of these lockdowns!

7 minutes ago, CoffeeDrinker said:

With the pandemic and current shelter-in-place order, when I need to go out on "necessary" shopping trips I try to group all of the stops into a single trip for efficiency and safety. So instead of separate trips over the course of a day or two and repeatedly coming and going from the house, I'll hit the supermarket, drug store, hardware store, gas station, etc., on one trip. Some of these places have closed their public restrooms, and even if they were open I'm currently not comfortable using them. Many of these places also have strict customer load limits which means lines to get inside the store and fewer check-out options, so the visits take longer than normal. On more than one occasion, I've become uncomfortably full toward the end of a trip. On one specific occasion, I skipped my last two planned stops to hurry home because I wasn't confident I could wait until I was done.

Obviously those of us on this board are way more likely to engineer this specific type of a situation when consciously or unconsciously doing a hold, but this seems to me like the perfect scenario for those non-omo inclined people to find themselves in a publicly desperate dilemma. Very curious if more personal or observed anecdotes will pop up out of all of these lockdowns!

Not seen anything yet, but would not be upset if it were to happen!! 😂

I was scrolling through my social media and a friend posted a very similar scenario! They didn’t drive and needed to visit a food shop inside a shopping centre (mall). With less buses running they wrote that the waited half an hour for a bus then had the ride to the centre and then had a long queue to get into the store. The stores toilets were upstairs and only the ground floor was open so she went to the toilets in the centre itself only to find those locked. She was ranting on her status how toilets should be open as she was ‘absolutely bursting’ and had to call a taxi and had a very ‘difficult and uncomfortable’ ride home. 
so yes it’s definitely having an impact and causing some desperation! 

1 minute ago, wannawatch said:

Weird move, closing all the public toilets imho. 

But it does create rather interesting stories 😉

The government actually requested they were closed (stand alone ones anyway) as we are only allowed out here for very strict reasons and supposedly not long enough to need use of them...but long queues for supermarkets and long checkouts mean a simple trip takes several hours at times. While I have never been very desperate I have definitely wanted to go in the queue for the pharmacy or in the supermarket and been very relieved to get home. 

I definitely had a few close ups and came out of the stores with wet panties and wet patches on my pants in these past weeks. When already desperate, waiting in the line to go to a store is even harder as waiting in the line for a bathroom, because when is your turn to go in, you still have to continue holding to finish shopping and come out of the store, before you can start looking for a bathroom.

I saw lots of nervous people in those lines, but mostly probably not because of full bladders.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:39 PM, Spectator9 said:

Public restrooms are often germ factories any any time, but right now I would avoid them!  "Hold it 'til I get home" is probably the what everyone does.

this is what i do but i don't make it home and wet myself in the car on the way home, but i would rather do that than use a public restroom. i sit on a towel so the seat wont get wet.

I work full time in a grocery store. Even though our bathrooms are still open I'm not using them right now. This means I pee at 11 am, and I don't pee until a little after 8 pm. I drink about two liters of water a shift, because I'm unloading trucks and filling shelves. 

Pre Covid I would pee on my lunch break, but I just don't feel comfortable right now. I'm usually sweating a lot, so I sweat a lot of what I drink out. However, over a liter still makes it to my bladder. I'm lucky that I have a pretty big bladder, most of the shift I'm okay, but by the last hour of my shift what I wouldn't give to just head to the urinal, whip out my cock, and take a much needed piss. There's times where it's so bad I can almost taste it.

By time I get home, over 9 hours since my last piss my bladder is screaming and rock hard. My penis is throbbing and quivering, and my penis is getting ready to explode with the ocean that I've been holding back all day. I still somehow make it home dry though.

Edited by JacLas20 (see edit history)
On 4/28/2020 at 5:44 PM, CarmenCD said:

I definitely had a few close ups and came out of the stores with wet panties and wet patches on my pants in these past weeks. When already desperate, waiting in the line to go to a store is even harder as waiting in the line for a bathroom, because when is your turn to go in, you still have to continue holding to finish shopping and come out of the store, before you can start looking for a bathroom.

I saw lots of nervous people in those lines, but mostly probably not because of full bladders.

Do you need a diaper when you go run errands?

22 hours ago, Driipdrip said:

Do you need a diaper when you go run errands?

No. I just take my chances. It's mostly an omo game for me. I could pee at home and not drink anything before going out to do my errands, like grocery / cosmetics shopping or going to a pharmacy, because it usually doesn't take that long to come back home. All that is near my home. Only about 10 minutes drive in these days with much less traffic on the road. The only time when I get really desperate even if I pee before leaving my apartment, is when I have to go to the city centre. That is a stretch for my bladder, because 2 hours are often not really enough time to got there, do my errands and come back home. And driving doesn't really help my bladder either.

I never wear diapers in public. I rather risk a wet patch in my crotch from time to time. Unplanned and unprovoked full wetting accidents are very rare, is much more humiliating to wear diaper every time. I do wear incontinence pads most of the time when dressed as a man. They're absorbent enough to protect pants from first few leaks or spurts and hopefully I can find a bathroom in the mean time. I don't wear pads when wearing women's pants, because it makes a bulge between my legs even bigger, but I'm hidden behind makeup and wig, so it's less humiliating if it happens, I would say. And I don't go dressed like that to places where I really don't want to embarrass myself, like at work or visiting family etc. 

I have only gone out once since the outbreak. It was a short trip (2-3 hours) that I wouldn't have peed during even before COVID. My mom has a job, so she does pretty much all the errands outside the house for my family. In a few weeks, though, I'll have a couple trips to a city 3 hours away for a surgery and later to get the stuff I left behind in my college dorm. The former isn't too much to look forward to from an omo perspective. No fluids 10 hours before the procedure, and it's oral surgery so not going to want to drink much after. The latter, however, could be interesting.

I was waiting in line to get into the hardware store (they only let a certain number in at a time) and was quite excited by the woman in front of me who was showing obvious signs of pee desperation. From a generous 6 + feet behind her my occasional glances could make out a small wet spot on the back of her dress which I presume came from a leak while she was in the car. I half expected to see a puddle or some droplets on the ground. I have no idea why she was so desperate and entering the hardware store, but unfortunately when she went inside was the last I saw of her. There must be a lot of desperation and accidents out there due to long lines and extremely limited access to public restrooms. 

• 10 months later...

I don’t know if this counts as a real accident, but at the hospital pharmacy recently (I’m okay now, a thing happened years ago, but I still gotta take stuff) I had to pee, was told that due to covid there were no restrooms the people who’d just come to the pharmacy could use (I knew the ones in the pharmacy were always closed, but not that they wouldn’t let you into the rest of the hospital no matter what if bathrooms were why.) I had a choice: go all the way back to my car and drive to the corner store down the street, then come back and hope the line wasn’t any longer, which would’ve made the whole process take at least half an hour longer than I’d planned. Or, I’d stay in line, knowing there was no way that I could wait in that long line, then get my medicine, THEN make it through the walk back to the car, the drive to somewhere else, and the walk to the bathroom there. I didn't want to wet my pants, and wasn't extremely desperate at the moment I made the choice, but my thought at the time wasn't "I think I can make it" but rather "it's dusk and my jeans are dark." So, I picked option B, knowing that if I truly felt I couldn’t hold it anymore while in line, I’d just leave.

Well, the line was nearly half an hour, I got what I needed only after a nearly comical level of difficulty getting it once at the pharmacist's desk, and by now it is agony. Naturally, the time I’m bouncing and squirming is the time something goes wrong! Ever feel like you’re living an omo story cliche? …More likely, it’s that a couple delays would not normally seem like a big deal and it’s actually happened more than I realize. But, by the end, I was having to bounce and swing my arms and tap my head against the wall and just everything to distract myself from the sheer agony in my bladder. People were looking at me but the pain had me beyond caring. I thought I was going to have to leave the counter and let all that waiting go to waste, but FINALLY I got what I needed. I finally walked out, continuing to squirm!

So, did I make it? Well, the street in front of the hospital is always busy, so I had to choose between waiting a long time to be able to walk or dashing across at top speed when I got a smaller opening - neither are good for holding. So, halfway across my run across the street, I felt a warm waterfall running down my legs. As I got toward my car I was already looking around it to make sure no one would be right around me. Since no one was, once I was at my car, I leaned against it, tried to kick my shoes off without being obvious about it, and just enjoyed the warm wet relief as I made a puddle on the ground, no one the wiser. Once empty, I took my medicine and my soggy self home!

Again, I’m not sure I can outright say “no bathrooms due to Covid made me pee myself at the hospital” because I chose to put getting my medicine sooner over getting home dry. I might’ve made a different decision at high noon. What do you think, can I add that to my ‘genuine unplanned accidents’ list?

Edited by trekkie (see edit history)