Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Does anyone else feel shy to be the first person in a group to admit to have to pee?

especially for women in mix sex outings. I noticed this where I in group gatherings despite all the drinking no one wants to say they have to pee. But when person finally admits it everyone wants to go. Why? Also, is it more awkward for girls to admit it when it’s mainly a guy’s group and why? 

For me it’s cause I feel more “inferior” in having to pee and a filled bladder and don’t want to divert the group either but o also have an interest in this so I may differ from the general populace lol

I have severe anxiety and groups of people make me feel uncomfortable period. If it’s a new place or people I don’t know I don’t know what to do with myself. 

If I can’t find it myself or get it myself then I won’t ask. I struggle to even take a seat for a conversation at first (I actually have a manager at work who is very understanding and won’t start a serious conversation until I’m warmed up enough to sit down)

but even if I’m the only one that knows it’s the bathroom I’m headed for, I can’t bring myself to excuse myself.

at work we have stations we can’t leave until someone relieves us from the post, and I used to hold it for HOURS because I was too shy to ask for someone to cover me.

(now I’ve been there two years and don’t have the same reservation. I actually insist newly hired people let me cover them if I’m the relief body, so they know it’s okay to ask for that stand-in).

• 8 months later...
On 4/23/2020 at 12:50 PM, peedespes02 said:

I do that too when I am out. I never admit that I really have to pee. I am pretty good a holding but I dont like when holding it and comes to painful to hold. 

This is absolutely me. Even if I’m desperate when others admit they need the toilet, I often keep quiet about my urge and just quietly thank the stars that they’ll be a bathroom break coming up.

One of the worst/best parts about my day job is that you have to announce on radio when you’re breaking for the toilet - and even if it’s a number 1 or 2. There are codes we use but I still hate doing it myself so just try to time myself with scheduled breaks instead.

It depends on the situation. Among family and friends when I know there is a bathroom nearby I have no problem announcing I am going to the bathroom, although I will never admit to when I have to poop. But when I am in a situation like I am at work where I have male coworkers and I can't get to the bathroom I try to keep it as secret as possible, even though I don't think I'm very good at hiding it.

Likewise when I am the only woman in a group of men in general it's kind of embarrassing to admit that I am the one who has to pee, especially if there is like a line for the ladies room or something like that, because then there is the peer pressure to hold it and not be the one holding everyone else up, so it sometimes better to just stay quiet about it. But otherwise I will get teased for having the little girl bladder.

I absolutely  used to be this way . I endured hours of bladder stretching pain rather than admit I had to pee. Even if it was obvious I was desperate and couldn't stand still or even up straight , I didn't  say anything or even denied I had to pee, even if I was worried I might pee my pants.

Now that I am old enough to not worry about what people think , and well can't hold it like I used to.  I go when I need to