Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Bed protection advice?

Sorry I have posted so much since joining. This is the first time I have found a group of people into the same thing. I have so many questions and experiences I want to share.  

So I was wanting a way to protect my bed from pee accidents. (That makes me so blushy to say). I was thinking maybe buying puppy pads? Are they absorbent enough for a adult womens wetting?  Is there any other options to protect a bed?

You can buy plastic sheets that have a zipper and completely surround the mattress. Unless you manage to rip or tear it your mattress would be completely protected. If your worried about your sheets getting wet you could chose any combination of a diaper, plastic pants, thick pajamas, and a bed pad though nothing is going to be 100% fail proff. 

Yeahh they sell either plastic waterproof bedsheets on amazon but they tend to make a lot of noise and are not very comfortable, if heard about those sheets mentioned above I'd love to try them out but yeah I guess it depends on your personal preference and like everyone else said try to prepare and get everything ready way before you already wanna start wetting since usually once you have it set in your mind it's a lot harder to get everything set up b.c all your mind can think of is wetting and at least in my experience sometimes I'll just say fuck it b.c I get my self desperate and I stop caring as much even though I know I really shouldn't until I have everything setup and ready to go but idk if it's just me but sometimes I feel like it feels more genuine and real experience when you really just truly wet the bed on purpose and even better when it really is by accident and you don't have to worry about hurrying up to clean everything up and hide the evidence so you won't get caught lol

Mine isn't noisy and you can't tell it's there with a normal fitted mattress pad (the kind that's there for comfort and not necessarily waterproof, that is. They do make waterproof ones, but those aren't dryer-friendly.) I don't know exactly what it's made of, I think they're vinyl. Mine fully encases the bed and is zippered so you don't have to worry about it coming off...

...I don't know what you call everything, since it'd all sell under 'mattress cover.' To clarify, a waterproof one of these will protect your mattress just fine:

spacer.png

...and it'll wipe clean with a towel or the like, and not, as far as I've noticed, make the bed feel like you're laying on a layer of plastic.

While with a perfectly normal one of these, I've never had anything spill onto the floor:

spacer.png

They come in waterproof, but I don't recommend it, because the dryer will shrivel 'em up  - or damage the waterproof coating enough that it looks like it's still new but you'll find out your mattress got soaked.

On 4/20/2020 at 3:24 AM, rachelkirwan said:

Iv'e had lots of success with Peepod pads:

https://www.peapodmats.com/pages/about

They don't cover the whole mattress, but are way easier to wash (like a towel).

I ordered one of these upon your recommendation.  Do you get used to sleeping on the towel material? XD  And have you ever tried putting it under the fitted sheet?  I'm a very occasional bedwetter so I mostly bought this for extra assurance, as I love my mattress a lot, and for fun times whilst awake.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally prefer the traditional plastic sheet even with the crinkly plastic sound under my regular sheets. I will usually wear pajamas and two pair of underwear and if I need to pee badly enough I just let my self wet my bed with ease knowing the plastic sheet will do its job and all I have to do is enjoy the feeling as I'm peeing my pajamas !