Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

When we leak is it due to bladder over capacity or muscle fatigue?never hurts when it happens

I very rarely hold. For me, it can get painful (as in muscle fatigue, not like I am damaging something) but every single time, if I start to leak, it is spurts, that are the sign of total loss of control. If I was in a situation where losing control is not an option, I wouldn't be able to leak and spurt and regain control. Once I reach that point, I am seconds away from a total bladder release. That is simply how my body works. Accidents while awake are few and far between for me because they HAVE to be part of a hold, and it is a long drawn out process. Many others here are more experienced with this than I, and likely wiser about the subject. Thats just my two cents.

Generally speaking, I think I usually lose control mostly because my muscles get tired + probably some psychological stuff (Is it mentally ok for me to lose control or not). Of course, my bladder might also be really full but I rarely feel pain if I'm holding intentionally. I lose the control before the actual pain, but if I do feel the pain, I stop the hold either by going to the toilet or by wetting on purpose. That's not the case when I'm unintentionally holding for one reason or another. I might get past the point where I feel pain and still not lose the control.

Anyway. I don't know if there is any way to know for sure what is the biggest reason for control loss in that situation.

I can't hold it like I used to, so I guess it is mostly muscle fatigue. But back in the day the pressure became extremely painful in my bladder, penis and later my back.The rest of my belly felt crampy. Then when I finally leaked it was because  the pressure  was greater than what my sphincter could hold back. As I continue to try to hold my pee the leaks became large spurts, because of muscle fatigue .  Eventually all that urine which my body continued producing  had no place else to go, so it forced its way out. Although a big spurt lessened the pressure and pain some  It still hurt.  I was sore for a bit after I emptied my bladder .

I am guessing weather or not you leak without serious pain reflects how strong your sphincter muscle is, how much pressure it can resist.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)
7 hours ago, wettingman said:

I can't hold it like I used to, so I guess it is mostly muscle fatigue. But back in the day the pressure became extremely painful in my bladder, penis and later my back.The rest of my belly felt crampy. Then when I finally leaked it was because  the pressure  was greater than what my sphincter could hold back. As I continue to try to hold my pee the leaks became large spurts, because of muscle fatigue .  Eventually all that urine which my body continued producing  had no place else to go, so it forced its way out. Although a big spurt lessened the pressure and pain some  It still hurt.  I was sore for a bit after I emptied my bladder .

I am guessing weather or not you leak without serious pain reflects how strong your sphincter muscle is, how much pressure it can resist.

Do you know f the pressure is directly due to bladder size because otherwise larger bladders would cause more pressure than smalle ones since larger bladder will have more liquid so that’s more weight on the poor splintcher muscle

2 hours ago, Angusburger said:

Do you know f the pressure is directly due to bladder size because otherwise larger bladders would cause more pressure than smalle ones since larger bladder will have more liquid so that’s more weight on the poor splintcher muscle

Interesting question , one I don't really have a good answer for. Nevertheless what you say makes sense, more liquid could equal more pressure,especially in the urethra.   As far as the bladder is concerned I am not sure. Stretched to its limit hurts regardless of its size. For the record I have a larger than average bladder  ( max measured 1.35 liters about 5 years ago proably higher when I was young) and the pain when it was fully distended the pain in my bladder and penis was intense. 

Perhaps someone else has thoughts on this.

8 minutes ago, wettingman said:

Interesting question , one I don't really have a good answer for. Nevertheless what you say makes sense, more liquid could equal more pressure,especially in the urethra.   As far as the bladder is concerned I am not sure. Stretched to its limit hurts regardless of its size. For the record I have a larger than average bladder  ( max measured 1.35 liters about 5 years ago proably higher when I was young) and the pain when it was fully distended the pain in my bladder and penis was intense. 

Perhaps someone else has thoughts on this.

I have never felt pain in the penis. What does it feel like when you mean pain? Is it jsut that you feel like pee is inside there? What ends up happening for me in my holds at home is that I end up ejaculating  so I go pee shortly after so maybe i have never held it to the point of my penis in pain. 

I think it is muscle fatigue and maybe also has a psychological component....

When I tense the pelvic floor muscels, it only works for a short time and then it relaxes against my will.

I guess this is the same effect when holding my pee... If the tension is too long on my muscels they try to relax for short before they can contract again, and when the bladder has already pushed the urin down to this muscle group, pee dribbles out. But this only happens when the bladder is already very full and stretched out, so that the pressure of pee gets higher and higher to surpass the inner sphincter muscle (and here might also be a psychological reason for leaks, since the inner sphincter is only controlled by the subconscious - so if the brain/body thinks it is enough, this muscle might relax sooner or later, and then its my turn to hold my pelvic muscles)

--> that's what it feels for me though....

8 hours ago, Angusburger said:

I have never felt pain in the penis. What does it feel like when you mean pain? Is it jsut that you feel like pee is inside there? What ends up happening for me in my holds at home is that I end up ejaculating  so I go pee shortly after so maybe i have never held it to the point of my penis in pain. 

As my need to pee there is usually pressure at my pee hole. But if I am very overfull there is pressure throughout the length of my shaft. Yes it feels like it is full of pee, even though I know it can't be, since the sphincter is at the base.  If I continue to hold the pain becomes intense and throbbing, especially at the tip. My penis actually swells a bit , but I think my urethra might expand a little to let the urine flow easily. This definitely was not like an erection. I have a difficult time staying erect/ ejaculating if that full. The discomfort/ pain is too distracting.

This was much more intense  back in the day , when I had to hold it all day, every day. Maybe the resulting large stretched bladder increased the pressure pain. I could not pee in the boys room in high school, so I usually didn't go for 10 hours 7AM -5PM. I normally had to go badly by 12 noon. Holding it that long is probably where the pain came from.

Some of the time it was so bad, I wished I would leak a bit to relieve the pressure, but I could not. Back then these holds were out of necessity , not fun. Of course I look back on it now differently.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

Does anyone know if the fatigue is  calibersted to your bladder capacity in relation to your leaks? Maybe that will solve the mystery. Say your bladder capacity is 950mL when super full, then when more liquid is processed it’s at 960mL so you have to leak 10mL. Now for that I guess it could be your bladder giving you the pressure from overfill or fatigue

I always feel pain while holding. I want to know the answer to this too, because Its very annoying to me to always end my holds early. Maybe it is the strength of the muscle or maybe its capacity I don’t know but in my case I think its not capacity because it can hurt if i’m purposely holding even a relatively small amount.

Knowing my own capacity, and knowing that I've lost control while holding way less than my maximum capacity, I'm going to say muscle fatigue is more what gets me than a lack of capacity.

The thing is, bladder control is both conscious and unconscious.  If you maintain unconscious control, you will not experience urgency, just discomfort the more your bladder fills.

When the unconscious muscles relax, that's when you get urgency, fatigues and leaking, as it's all left to your conscious control.

Lots of things can trigger that unconscious relaxation. Proximity to the toilet, cold air, standing in front of your door looking for your keys, etc.

I've become desperate and pissed myself while doing laundry and holding less than 250ml. Not because that's all I can hold, but because my brain thinks that while doing the laundry is the perfect time for me to piss and my unconscious control relaxes.

Can anyone think of what happened to me. I drank a large boba and like half a bottle of water when sitting at my desk last night and no pain and barely felt the urge. I stood up and all of a sudden I felt desperate and leaked a bit and for the next 20mins I kept leaking whenever I stood up. But no pain at all and when I sat down it didn’t feel desperate. Is this muscle fatigue even though it wasn’t even an extreme hold or am I damaging my muscles each time I leak and do a long hold? I leaked quite a lot and eventually went to the washroom. I actually felt pee going down my leg and I am a guy

22 hours ago, Angusburger said:

Can anyone think of what happened to me. I drank a large boba and like half a bottle of water when sitting at my desk last night and no pain and barely felt the urge. I stood up and all of a sudden I felt desperate and leaked a bit and for the next 20mins I kept leaking whenever I stood up. But no pain at all and when I sat down it didn’t feel desperate. Is this muscle fatigue even though it wasn’t even an extreme hold or am I damaging my muscles each time I leak and do a long hold? I leaked quite a lot and eventually went to the washroom. I actually felt pee going down my leg and I am a guy

I may again tonight but does anyone know why when I leak it all won’t come out. What does it take to actually wet your pants is it the fatigue or capacity (I guess I did pee myself with leaks but I want to experience a full wetting to see if you have any control like on love wetting)