Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

EDIT: Just required I should have put this in Omorashi General. Oops. Not sure if I can do that or how.

Does anyone else have kind of a pathetic bladder? I honestly need to pee on average every 1-2 hours if I drink normally. I do drink coffee, which may be my weakness in this, but I'm cutting down drastically right now and still finding myself running to the bathroom every 2 hours (which IS STILL good for me). It's not new either, I've always been like this.

I'm a germaphobe, so when I go out, I try to avoid using public restrooms by not drinking much. I try avoiding my work restroom as well, and am glad I'm part-time instead of full-time in regards to this. But I know dehydration is unhealthy, so I want to be able to wait about 3+ hours in between bathroom trips while drinking a healthy amount (ideally, I'd like to be able to comfortably hold it for 8 hours without being really dehydrated. Might be a bit too much for my tiny bladder, though).

I'm reallllly trying today, with mixed results. I'm at home atm (work temporarily closed), so I'm getting up really late. I woke up at 7 a.m. and needed to pee, but was really cold, so I just fell back asleep. I woke up for real around noon, had a cup of coffee at 12:40ish, lied down watching YouTube until like 1:50, then couldn't take it and scrambled to the bathroom. I had a glass of water and didn't go again until 4:30. I wanted to wait about 3 hours until my next pee, but honestly couldn't (I had a couple more glasses of water and another cup of coffee. I've cut down to 2 cups of coffee while I used to have like 7+, so that's progress) and gave in at 7:00. I'm going to try to hold until 10 or later, but already feel it a little bit, so I highly doubt I can. I'll at least try for 9:00, and even that sounds hard.

Anyone else struggle with this? It's a little embarrassing, especially in comparison to others on this site who go maybe twice a day (HOW?!). Also, holding too long makes it hard for me to do anything, and I want to use the time I'm at home to work on projects, so I don't want to be really desperate every day. Although I do want to be able to work on stuff while holding a full bladder. Also noted: I'm not interested in wetting at all (only in stories), although I have leaked a few times in my adult life because I was holding.

I might reply in this thread with progress if I make any.

I already need to pee and it's only 7:40. Send help.

Edited by 33applepies (see edit history)

You just need to stretch your bladder. For some people, holding in pee is really uncomfortable. So they just go at the slightest urge or else it's always distracting for them. For one day, just make schedule and stick to it strictly. What's the worst that could happen? It'll start to come out? That's fine because you can obviously go running to the toilet if it does. But rush to toilet only if it does. Otherwise stick to the schedule. If you do it for 1-2 days your bladder will automatically stretch and you'll be able to hold it in a lot longer.

57 minutes ago, ashishgamer said:

You just need to stretch your bladder. For some people, holding in pee is really uncomfortable. So they just go at the slightest urge or else it's always distracting for them. For one day, just make schedule and stick to it strictly. What's the worst that could happen? It'll start to come out? That's fine because you can obviously go running to the toilet if it does. But rush to toilet only if it does. Otherwise stick to the schedule. If you do it for 1-2 days your bladder will automatically stretch and you'll be able to hold it in a lot longer.

That's a good idea. I'll try that. How bad is moderate caffeine consumption with this? 

1 hour ago, 33applepies said:

That's a good idea. I'll try that. How bad is moderate caffeine consumption with this? 

I've always been against caffeine. It's probably mankind's worst invention. But yeah if you really can't live without it then a little bit is fine. Though you should drink it only when you're nearing the point when you can use the toilet because I've heard it can really irritate the bladder when holding in for too long.

2 hours ago, ashishgamer said:

I've always been against caffeine. It's probably mankind's worst invention. But yeah if you really can't live without it then a little bit is fine. Though you should drink it only when you're nearing the point when you can use the toilet because I've heard it can really irritate the bladder when holding in for too long.

Yeah luckily I'm cutting way down.

So I BARELY made it to 9:00. I decided I wouldn't take my next break until latest midnight, and I barely felt a need around 11:30, so I decided I'd try to wait until 1 a.m. I tried, but I was squirming uncontrollably by 12:30 (I went from maybe being around a 5 p.m. the desperation scale to like... an 8 or 9 all the sudden), and gave in about 20 minutes later. I think it's going surprisingly well so far, considering.

1 hour ago, 33applepies said:

Yeah luckily I'm cutting way down.

So I BARELY made it to 9:00. I decided I wouldn't take my next break until latest midnight, and I barely felt a need around 11:30, so I decided I'd try to wait until 1 a.m. I tried, but I was squirming uncontrollably by 12:30 (I went from maybe being around a 5 p.m. the desperation scale to like... an 8 or 9 all the sudden), and gave in about 20 minutes later. I think it's going surprisingly well so far, considering.

That's great! You managed to make it almost 4 hours. Now you know, for the next day keep all your pee breaks 4 hours apart. You can increase it slowly. And don't hold your morning pee. It's really uncomfortable.

Why did you give in when it was just 10 minutes to 1 though? Were you not able to hold it in?

Stretching your bladder may be the solution, I’m not sure, but I urge you to be careful with your body. 

Holding, especially when dehydrated or when your body isn’t used to it can cause infections, or permanent damage. Take a slow approach, only increasing a little bit each time. And don’t push yourself too hard. 
if you do push hard make sure you give your body a rest. 

4 minutes ago, WetDave said:

Compared with nuclear bombs and other weapons of mass destruction, I’d have to disagree. 

Nuclear bombs are still useful to some. They created a lake in a desert in my country with a nuclear bomb. What does coffee do? Fuck up your body and personally for me, doesn't even give me the energy which caffeine is supposed to. But it's better we don't have this discussion here or we are gonna deviate from the topic.

2 hours ago, ashishgamer said:

Nuclear bombs are still useful to some. They created a lake in a desert in my country with a nuclear bomb. What does coffee do? Fuck up your body and personally for me, doesn't even give me the energy which caffeine is supposed to. But it's better we don't have this discussion here or we are gonna deviate from the topic.

Ah you’re from Kazakhstan I guess.

Hello! Well, probably the issue is not your bladder, it can stretch and hold a lot... the thing is, bladder contraction and relaxation is controlled by the autonomic nervous system, this is why caffeine may cause you to need to pee more frequently. It is a stimultant of the central nervous. And that is also why touching warm water may make you have to pee. Well, some people's autonomic nervous system is more "sensible" then others, and thats what causes some people pee more frequently. Youre very likely to have a "sensible" autonomic nervous system! the best you can do is to accept it and always keep yourself near a bathroom, but if it really bothers you, you should go see a urologist, maybe medication can help. That said, caffeine isn't an invention and it is not harmful at all. unless you have some serious heart disease, the worse it can do is make you anxious, sleep deprived and wet pants lol.. And before I forget, you should not try to stretch your bladder, it can harm the bladder muscles and structure and cause you to be unable to empy your bladder, this is relatively common with people with prostate hyperplasia, and since youre a girl and have no prostate, you shouldn't have suffer. Holding your pee for too long may also damage you kidneys from pressure build up, and it may also cause bladder and/or kidney infection.

Sorry to be a nuisance, I'm just trying to help. feel free to ask if you have any questions.

(also sorry about my english)

edit: typos

Edited by Shaved Monkey
typos (see edit history)
8 hours ago, ashishgamer said:

That's great! You managed to make it almost 4 hours. Now you know, for the next day keep all your pee breaks 4 hours apart. You can increase it slowly. And don't hold your morning pee. It's really uncomfortable.

Why did you give in when it was just 10 minutes to 1 though? Were you not able to hold it in?

I don't think I can do 4 hours right off the bat; I'll probably add 15 minutes between each break a day to make it more manageable. I'm going to try for 4 hours once a day, though.

Sadly yeah, I couldn't.

8 hours ago, Tigerlilly said:

Stretching your bladder may be the solution, I’m not sure, but I urge you to be careful with your body. 

Holding, especially when dehydrated or when your body isn’t used to it can cause infections, or permanent damage. Take a slow approach, only increasing a little bit each time. And don’t push yourself too hard. 
if you do push hard make sure you give your body a rest. 

Yeah I'm planning on working up to it and never doing anything too extreme. I want to be able to hold for 8 hours, but that won't be a regular thing (except overnight of course).

I know how you feel. I have to pee about every 2 hours also, if I eat or drink more, even more frequently and can't hold it longer either. I usually don't lose it at once when holding it, but start to leak heavily and the end result is the same, very wet pants. Even during sleep I can't hold it more than 3 hours and I either wake up or wet myself in sleep and have to wear diapers during sleep because of that. It's embarrassing and really annoying in every day life (great for omo, of course), but nothing we can do really, except be aware of that and pee whenever you can to avoid an accident, if bathroom is not accessible. I have weak bladder since I can remember and omo fetish was actually a relief for me, because I don't feel that bad when I have an accident or when I have to hold it.

5 hours ago, Shaved Monkey said:

Hello! Well, probably the issue is not your bladder, it can stretch and hold a lot... the thing is, bladder contraction and relaxation is controlled by the autonomic nervous system, this is why caffeine may cause you to need to pee more frequently. It is a stimultant of the central nervous. And that is also why touching warm water may make you have to pee. Well, some people's autonomic nervous system is more "sensible" then others, and thats what causes some people pee more frequently. Youre very likely to have a "sensible" autonomic nervous system! the best you can do is to accept it and always keep yourself near a bathroom, but if it really bothers you, you should go see a urologist, maybe medication can help. That said, caffeine isn't an invention and it is not harmful at all. unless you have some serious heart disease, the worse it can do is make you anxious, sleep deprived and wet pants lol.. And before I forget, you should not try to stretch your bladder, it can harm the bladder muscles and structure and cause you to be unable to empy your bladder, this is relatively common with people with prostate hyperplasia, and since youre a girl and have no prostate, you shouldn't have suffer. Holding your pee for too long may also damage you kidneys from pressure build up, and it may also cause bladder and/or kidney infection.

Sorry to be a nuisance, I'm just trying to help. feel free to ask if you have any questions.

(also sorry about my english)

edit: typos

Interesting, that's probably possible for me since I've always been like this. I don't plan on going extreme... wish I could, but I don't want the health risks. Your English is fine btw.

Feeling kinda off today (headachy and allergenic. Ugh, spring), so I'm not going to push myself too much. But I'm realizing if I'm conscious enough about how much I'm drinking, it's nbd to wait 2+ hours. Except for early in the day. I'm still trying today though.

Just a quick log of pee breaks...

3:30 a.m. (right before bed, didn't have to go that badly, but most nights I can't sleep if I have to pee)

1:30 p.m.- I'd been awake almost 2 hours and had had coffee. If I'm off work, for some reason I can hold my morning pee for awhile. I don't know why.

2:40 p.m.- yeah barely an hour

5:40 p.m.- I was going to try to wait another hour, but got up and started making food and stuff and just couldn't wait. That's my problem, it's hard to do stuff when I really have to go.

Since 5:40 I've had about 8 oz soy milk (I can't drink regular milk), and am working on a cup of coffee and as glass of water. Idk how much water it is, probably close to 16 oz. Hoping I'm able to hold until 8:40, but I highly doubt it. 7:40 at earliest, though. After that, hoping to wait until midnight, then only once more before going to bed (I've been going to bed at like... 4 a.m. lol). That's 6 pees a day if I can make it. I'm hoping to cut down to 4-5. I think anything less than 4 a day might be unhealthy for me.

You're not alone! I have probably the weakest bladder compared to anyone I know. I've used the Omo Trainer a lot to see where I usually top off, and it's usually in the 400-450mL range where I lose control. If I drink an entire 500mL water bottle, I will DESPERATELY have to pee in an hour or less. I've found that if I drink slowly over time, my bladder will fill much more slowly and I won't need to go for a while. However, if I gulp down the entire bottle in a minute or two, I know I'm in serious trouble.

I have such a small bladder, and part of that is very psychological because I'm t e r r i f i e d of peeing my pants in public. I'll drink something, anything, even a smoothie, and fifteen minutes later I have to pee. It probably isn't that urgent, like a 3/10, but if I'm in class or on a trip with limited opportunity for a bathroom it'll feel like a 7/10 for sure. I hate that. One reason I like omo though is because I don't hold to the point of wetting (I'll wet intentionally though), but I do think it probably makes my bladder stronger to do moderate holds.

Only way to learn to hold is to hold, hold and hold. If you want to increase the bladder capacity in long run, you have to increase your holding time little by little. Set targets for yourself. Make a schedule for peeing. Gradually increase the time between pees, while having an average liquid intake. Better not hold the morning pee. I was lucky enough to learn pee holding at school.. 

On 4/10/2020 at 3:32 PM, Shaved Monkey said:

some people's autonomic nervous system is more "sensible" then others, and thats what causes some people pee more frequently. Youre very likely to have a "sensible" autonomic nervous system! the best you can do is to accept it and always keep yourself near a bathroom

This makes a lot of sense. I guess I have this too. Seeing so many people here hold for so long idk how they handle the desperation for that long. When I become desperate I cannot focus on anything else because I cannot bear the feeling of a bursting bladder at all, and its not very long before I start leaking

On 4/10/2020 at 9:02 PM, ♥TheWetFinn♥ said:

If I accidentally reply to anyone directly, ignore it, my phone is being dumb.

So I was actually doing so well for several days, wanting to cut it down to 6 pees a day, which is still a lot, but for me that's good. And I was able to, even though it was a challenge.

Then I had to go and have bad sleep, so I'm awake for like... 19-20 hours a day. So it's a LOT harder to limit bathroom breaks with this. Plus it's suddenly hot so I'm drinking more water. Blah. I think I have to take a break on this for a little until I figure my sleep out, because atm it's just not possible. I'm going to try to put at least 2 hours in between, but really shooting for 3 at least. Oy. Anything less and I'll just be super dehydrated. Hoping to have a better update by next week.