Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Should Bathroom Access at work be a right?

I work in construction and some job sites don't have porta-potties. There have been several sites that were in residential neighborhoods so I couldn't go out behind the house and pee. Sometimes we get lucky and the house is in the middle of nowhere and I can find a tree. But since I do the insulation and when I get there the house usually doesn't have running water, there are no toilets in the house to use either. A number of times, I have had to dump out a water bottle and pee in that, and occasionally I just hold until I get out of work, sometimes using the toilet at the office, or sometimes holding until I get home. I wish it was required to have a toilet available, but I don't think it is.

So far the poll has stayed really close at around 50/50 or 51/49 so I'm really surprised about how equally divided people seem to be on this. When I first started I had a lead in the poll of 2 to 1 and I thought that it was pretty much a given that everyone would agree that people should have bathroom access, but then I suppose when I asked this question on a board full of desperation lovers I shouldn't have been too surprised with the result! But the poll is closing on May 2nd so if anyone wants to vote who hasn't yet please vote to give Jill a toilet!

Guest wetguy917

I believe that bathroom access for employees should be a right, and in my state, it is. Our workplace has had plumbing issues over the last few months, leading to several times when the bathrooms weren't working for the day. We had to ask the pharmacy next door if we could use theirs. It's embarrassing and inconvenient for workers not to have access to working bathrooms. While this might make for good fiction content on this site (and it does), any employer who in the real world, denies bathroom access to their employees is not fit to run a business and should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by wetguy917 (see edit history)
On 4/16/2020 at 5:21 AM, DesperateJill said:

"Though if you're writing a fictional story, who gives a crap, it's your world, your story, write what you want. Fiction doesn't have to adhere to the real world 100%. If you need a reason to justify it, it might not actually make it legal IRL still, but it'd be sufficient enough a reason for a fictional story: The employee in question could sign a special contract forfeiting their right to the restroom. (possibly with some other benefit in return, like a [slightly] higher pay or something. "as compensation for not requiring office toiletry supplies, like the rest of the workers would.")

In the book I went with the angle that she was pressured into signing a contract with they said was just a formality saying that she agreed to work in the warehouse not realizing that she agreed that to work there despite the fact that they didn't have any possibility of a bathroom because it was impractical to install running plumbing in the warehouse building which was basically just a metal shack or like an aircraft carrier. It might not be realistic but I feel like people find ways to get around these things all the times.

I do remember a good video I had seen from a while ago where several women had to wear diapers simply because they couldn't get to a bathroom break during the day but they eventually took their employees to court over it. But they managed to get away with it for several years before anyone said anything so I think that a lot of this stuff still goes on even if it's not technically legal simply because most people may not realize that something is not legal and don't know what their rights are.

"100% Yes. While most people on here would absolutely love to hold in their pee for 8+ hours, many people who don't have this fetish would hate it. I think it should absolutely be a right. "

Plus most people cannot hold that long. Even people who enjoy holding recreationally wouldn't want to be forced to hold at work all day I don't think in most cases. It would be quite hard to work with a full bladder which is going to be the main conflict of my story where my character navigates how she can do her job with the fact that her bladder is constantly ready to explode!

"While many of us find it really hot for people to have to hold, it is a basic right for one to be comfortable in their workplace. If our government suddenly decided to pass omo-based policies that don't require bathroom access for employees, what would stop them from passing other fetish-related policies? Workplace BDSM anyone? That would take us way back in the push for equality."

This wouldn't be a case of the government passing policies based on desperation, more than passing laws based on callous indifference to the rights of workers and their general comfort. I don't think anyone would pass a law like this simply based on the fact that they want people to be desperate to go to the bathroom at work, I think anyone would find that weird, simply the way corporations are always trying to get around the law so that they don't have to pay their employees more than required or give them creature comforts. It simply the fact that if employers can get away with screwing over their employees legally speaking they will find some way to do it.

"Point is, I agree that access to toilets is a right for employees."

Glad you do, so far in the poll as of right now based on 130 votes 52% don't believe restroom access is a right. Still wonder if more people are voting based on what they would like to see happen more so than what they feel is right, but sometimes the fetish can interfere with that as a person who enjoy seeing women desperate to the bathroom might be more willing to accept something unfair like denial of restroom access.

I remember this episode, especially the part about the Nabisco plant with the cruel bathroom break policy. 

Well the poll closed yesterday at 7 PM and the results were so razor thin that I really  dodged the bullet by such a small margin that I was very relieved, literally. Ultimately the poll came down to 50/50 with me getting 127 votes to her getting 125 votes. So by a vote margin of only two votes people thought that I should get a bathroom. But I have to admit it was humbling because when I started the poll and had a big lead I thought that most people would naturally assume that the bathrooms at work where a given, but it seems like people are very equally divided on this, with the poll being about 50/50 throughout pretty much the entire month only varying by a point or two from day to day. But it was never closer than 52/48. But I'm glad that I ultimately won the poll narrowly because if I had lost I would have had to do a real lot of holding!

Screenshot of Pgirl poll.png

How about situations where you can pee but they work in places that have long lines where it’s not practical to take a 5mins pee break for women but it is for men. I have seen it happen and overheard staff complaining about it before how they must just hold it cause of the lines. Must suck when their male colleagues get to go.

Edited by Angusburger (see edit history)

"How about situations where you can pee but they work in places that have long lines where it’s not practical to take a 5mins pee break for women but it is for men. I have seen it happen and overheard staff complaining about it before how they must just hold it cause of the lines. Must suck when their male colleagues get to go."

That would be equally as terrible and even worse because technically speaking there is a bathroom available, but unless you just happen to be the first one there there is no possibility of using it. It is sort of like in high school when they closed all of the girls bathrooms except for one. No one could say that they didn't provide bathrooms but they had five stalls for 750 girls, and only four minutes between class to use them, so the chances of getting to use the toilet, short of a lucky break, were pretty much nothing. The guys had no such problem as all of their bathrooms remained open. Looking back now it seems like it would be a major violation, but I suppose as long as they kept one bathroom open they couldn't be accused of not providing bathrooms, no matter how woefully inadequate.

• 4 months later...

At a glance, I don't think its fair, personally. I understand the fact that it would be bad for the warehouse to have a bathroom, but assuming Jill had an average bladder and an average work shift, I doubt its good for the warehouse if she has no choice but to have an accident in the warehouse on the daily to avoid serious bladder damage. It's also not healthy to hold for super extended periods of time, so that isn't quite fair to Jill either for her to harm her body for the benefit of her work.

On the other hand, if Jill consented to the job already knowing there would be no bathroom, then it seems fair. She agreed to it. Maybe she's into omo and is willing to just wet herself daily with an excuse to do so. Maybe she's got a super strong bladder or the work shift is decently short. It all depends on whether she agreed to the job with the knowledge that she would have no bathroom or not. 

Either way that warehouse isn't gonna smell that great.

"On the other hand, if Jill consented to the job already knowing there would be no bathroom, then it seems fair. She agreed to it. Maybe she's into omo and is willing to just wet herself daily with an excuse to do so. Maybe she's got a super strong bladder or the work shift is decently short. It all depends on whether she agreed to the job with the knowledge that she would have no bathroom or not."

I wrote this many months ago before I had my current job and where I was speculating of a job like my current job, even though the warehouse situation is actually quite unlike my actual job. Once I realized that I was going to be having an outdoor job without a bathroom I started speculating on the topic and the truth is in a warehouse situation there probably would be some type of motivation to provide a bathroom, whereas with an outdoor situation there is genuinely no possibility of being able to use a bathroom when you really need one.

That said that when I took my current job that is outdoors without a bathroom I basically took the job and then asked immediately after I took it, wait if this is outside would you do about a bathroom, and they said you bring your own toilet paper in implying that it was expected that if you are taking an outdoor job you are probably okay with going to the bathroom outside.

However also when I accepted that job it was many months ago before the Covid epidemic when it was assumed that a lot of these places would have open bathrooms, which if it were not for the pandemic they probably would have. So once again it was a situation where I probably should have had bathrooms but because of current circumstances do not. So once again the timing was just really bad for me I suppose and the reality of my situation is a lot more terrible than what I speculated it would be in this scenario that I made the poll about with my friend.

It's actually interesting because before I took this job I wrote a fictional treatment that novel length about what it would be like with a woman at work without a bathroom but in very different circumstances from my actual experience that I have found myself in. Reading that back now after my experience it's interesting to compare and contrast and I will ultimately end up writing two books about this, one about my fictional expectation of such a situation, and one about my actual experience of it. So I have to say that it's interesting that several months later coming back to this now I have a quite different perspective on things. Personal experience tends to do that.

"@DesperateJill said that unfortunately she's never actually seen a woman have an accident. Everyone she knows must have very strong bladders, so accidents just don't happen."

I never said accidents don't occur I just have not witnessed any personally. When I hear about people saying that they see accidents all the time I kind of wonder where they are seeing it because I can't recall ever seeing anyone, male or female, have an accident in living memory. Granted I don't get out much or go to many places, and it's true that the women in my family have very good bladder strength and that the guys can just pee outside.

Maybe I have just not been in situations where people tend to witness these things, but I think that most adults would go to great lengths to avoid wetting their pants in public unless they have a specific fetish for that, and even then I think most people with this fetish probably only have it as a fantasy and don't try to live it out in reality.

Public wettings tend to involve alcohol, but they can be common in that circumstance. There have also been cases of wetting at work as a result of lack of toilets, like the Nabisco plant scandal. Unfortunately I haven't seen any myself either, but I wouldn't consider myself to be someone who gets into a lot of situations with a lot of women and no toilets. For example, female runners apparently piss themselves all the time, but as a man I've never seen that happening (probably for the better so I don't blow a load in my pants!)

On 5/3/2020 at 7:39 AM, ILoveOmorashi said:

Even though women desperate to pee at work is my favorite scenario, yes, they absolutely should. 

I totally agree (and women at work who are absolutely desperate to pee is my favourite scenario too). I've seen several such situations over the years, one of them was probably the best desperation I ever witnessed, it was a long while ago now and I've posted the full details a few times on various "pee sites" so I won't do it again here, suffice it to say it involved a very, very frantic young checkout cashier who was absolutely bursting to go to the toilet, to the point of almost wetting herself, but couldn't leave her position. I've seen other similar (but not quite so urgent instances), and also women single manning small shops and kiosks etc. in most cases toilet facilities were available, but they were not permitted to leave or close the shop/kiosk to use them and were forced to wait until a co-worker came to relieve them, maybe for a lunch break or end of shift etc.

Referring to my thread about 'saving desperation references on social media' I've discovered tweets from many, many desperate women suffering the same plight of not being able to go to the toilet at work, because even though a toilet is available, they are either: too busy to go, working alone, only allowed to go on their break or not allowed to leave their work station without permission and/or cover, which is not always readily available. These include: Checkout cashiers, lone shop and kiosk workers, waitresses, bar staff, baristas, nurses, teachers, receptionists, call centre workers, etc.

Personally I can't think of a more exciting situation than knowing that a female in a (possibly very public) workplace is utterly desperate to pee, and although a toilet is maybe only a few yards away from her, she isn't able to use it!

"Public wettings tend to involve alcohol, but they can be common in that circumstance. There have also been cases of wetting at work as a result of lack of toilets, like the Nabisco plant scandal. Unfortunately I haven't seen any myself either, but I wouldn't consider myself to be someone who gets into a lot of situations with a lot of women and no toilets. For example, female runners apparently piss themselves all the time, but as a man I've never seen that happening (probably for the better so I don't blow a load in my pants!)"

I think that that's true to a large degree, and as a person who doesn't drink or hang around with people who drink very regularly that is probably why don't see many accidents. And at my job I am the only woman basically, so I pretty much hold it and I really don't see anyone else getting desperate. But again I don't think that there are that many situations with a lot of women and no toilets, and even in those situations most of those women will hold on painfully rather than wet themselves if at all possible.

I really don't think it's that common for adults to wet themselves, and if it is I certainly haven't seen it very much as I can't recall ever seeing someone wetting as an adult. I probably witnessed it as a child but I don't remember anything like that, and I can only recall one instance in which I wet myself at the age of eight at school and I did not find the experience enjoyable, which is probably why now I don't have any interest in wetting myself or in the accident aspect of this fetish.

I guess that probably also influences the type of stories I write because I basically base a lot of the characters on my own experiences which involved holding it and either not getting to go or not getting to go until later on. That is why in my story usually the character eventually makes it to a bathroom or goes on holding it but usually does not wet themselves. That has just been my experience and that is the standpoint from which I am coming from.

"I totally agree (and women at work who are absolutely desperate to pee is my favourite scenario too). I've seen several such situations over the years, one of them was probably the best desperation I ever witnessed, it was a long while ago now and I've posted the full details a few times on various "pee sites" so I won't do it again here, suffice it to say it involved a very, very frantic young checkout cashier who was absolutely bursting to go to the toilet, to the point of almost wetting herself, but couldn't leave her position. I've seen other similar (but not quite so urgent instances), and also women single manning small shops and kiosks etc. in most cases toilet facilities were available, but they were not permitted to leave or close the shop/kiosk to use them and were forced to wait until a co-worker came to relieve them, maybe for a lunch break or end of shift etc."

I have to admit with much irony that women at work desperate to pee and not being able to is one of my favorite scenarios as well, you know when it's not me who is the one who can't pee all day! That sounds like a pretty excellent sighting, but I still think of those women are in a better position than having an outdoor job, because even though they can't use the toilet whenever they want they still have breaks where they can use the toilet. Even at my job outdoors even though we have tons of downtime, so that half the day is like a break, there was still no opportunity to use the bathroom unless you were willing to go outside, which I wasn't.

"Referring to my thread about 'saving desperation references on social media' I've discovered tweets from many, many desperate women suffering the same plight of not being able to go to the toilet at work, because even though a toilet is available, they are either: too busy to go, working alone, only allowed to go on their break or not allowed to leave their work station without permission and/or cover, which is not always readily available. These include: Checkout cashiers, lone shop and kiosk workers, waitresses, bar staff, baristas, nurses, teachers, receptionists, call centre workers, etc."

I have definitely talk to lots of women in all of those situations over the course of time and over the course of the time I have had my job. It's definitely true that women in those situations often don't get to go to the bathroom for hours at a time, but the thing is I have come to learn painfully and to my very great frustration, is that even though they have infrequent opportunities to go to the bathroom, they still usually do get to go to the bathroom at some point during the workday. So I might be talking to someone who is in one of those jobs for a long time without them getting to go to the bathroom, but then eventually they would get a bathroom break and I would still be sitting there holding a very full bladder knowing that it would still be hours before I would be able to relieve myself, and I would be overwhelmed with feelings of jealousy towards these women who supposedly have no bathroom access. No bathroom access is different from infrequent and far more frustrating! See my thread about a nurse I know for more details.

"Personally I can't think of a more exciting situation than knowing that a female in a (possibly very public) workplace is utterly desperate to pee, and although a toilet is maybe only a few yards away from her, she isn't able to use it!"

I honestly don't know if that would be even more frustrating than not having a toilet at all. I guess it sort of like being in the ladies room line when you are waiting 30 minutes to use a toilet in the ladies room and seeing the empty men's room right next door with toilets available. It makes things more tempting as it is being dangled just out of your reach when you desperately need it.

All I know is that my situation has been really humbling and again ironic, because I share your view that seeing a woman in a situation at work where she is desperate to pee and unable to use it is extremely exciting, but when you are that woman in that situation it is truly frustrating, and knowing that everybody is enjoying you in that situation, well I certainly can't blame you for enjoying it, but it certainly is as frustrating as hell! But from my job I can see that I get a lot of likes when people hear that I am at work and I can't go to the bathroom and I did not find that the least bit surprising. So I definitely understand where you are coming from, I just wish I was the one enjoying someone else desperate rather than everyone else enjoying me desperate! It really is quite different when you are on the other side of the fence…

11 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

So I definitely understand where you are coming from, I just wish I was the one enjoying someone else desperate rather than everyone else enjoying me desperate! It really is quite different when you are on the other side of the fence…

Yes, I can imagine it must be truly awful to be in the situation you find yourself in of not having any toilet access all day, I certainly wouldn’t be able to cope with not peeing all day, no way! Personally I have never experienced this situation first hand, or know of anyone in my circle experiencing it. I think here in the UK it would be regarded as a Health and Safety issue for an employer not to make some sort of provision for staff regularly working outdoors.
Having said that, however, there have been reported instances in the news media about the difficulties faced by workers (particularly females) in some jobs having inadequate access to toilets, notably postal staff, delivery drivers, taxi drivers, bus drivers and similar. Most of these workers are expected to rely on using public toilets or the goodwill of cafes, pubs and supermarkets etc who let them use their customer facilities. Unfortunately in the UK, many public toilets have been shut down over the last 10 years or so, due to government spending cuts, ironically at a time when an increasing number of women are doing these previously male dominated jobs. Most working age women must surely need access to toilets for sanitary reasons as well.
Something I failed to mention in my earlier post, is that although I find the ‘woman at work desperate to pee scenario’ tremendously exciting and arousing, paradoxically, I can’t help feeling extremely sorry for them, caught in such a dreadful situation. I would hate to be in that kind of predicament.
Finally, on the subject of wetting accidents, I have only ever seen an adult do this once. It was a guy, drinking at the bar of a pub who just stood there and fully pissed himself. He was so out-of-his-face drunk, I doubt he even realised what he’d done. Needless to say he was quickly ejected.