Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I Modified "Melissa Explains It All"

Hey @ForgetAboutMe and all other developers: First: Great work!

Second: Do you know this new tool "ChatGPT"? https://chat.openai.com/

With it you can write and debug code in seconds to minutes. Unfortunately you need at least a very basic understanding in how code works which i lack. But with just 5-10 min i got a functional html-prototype going. I just don't know how to ask it the right questions so i get stuck.

Could you please just make a list with prompts that you use to get close to your handwritten result? Maybe even update it again? I think with this new tool it should take no time plus you gain experience with it!

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This post became quite long, if you just want to know about the changes and stuff you can skip pretty much everything that is not bold or quoted So I recently came across the old Melissa Explains

As mentioned before I have still been working on this, so here is the next update There is still a lot of things that can be changed. Also I still need to properly figure out the scenes with th

Once again skip ahead if you don't want to know the details Aight, here it is, the next update. I'm afraid it isn't really much, despite me actually putting a lot of work into it.  Thing is I mai

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 7:39 PM, Omolover222 said:

it doesn't seem to work for me after i click "play" on the latest (github) release

Right, it seems to work for me. I can't really say much about that without more information. Did you change the settings, if so what are they? (Also does the developmen version work? that did fix some bugs that are in the release version)

On 7/21/2023 at 4:13 AM, Lazaruspee said:

How do i start the drinking game?

I mean that is kinda telling isn't it? Part of the game is trying to figure that out ;).

Having said that, I did start writing a game guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D3r04OYIoaYdjFwsYrvtN9Vm0lEEVNyJWWrrTqIb9iY/edit#heading=h.hge8t577bgob

It's for an older version and I never got around to finishing it but I think it should have the answer.

Edited by ForgetAboutMe
refer develop version (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 10:38 AM, ForgetAboutMe said:

Right, it seems to work for me. I can't really say much about that without more information. Did you change the settings, if so what are they? (Also does the developmen version work? that did fix some bugs that are in the release version)

I mean that is kinda telling isn't it? Part of the game is trying to figure that out ;).

Having said that, I did start writing a game guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D3r04OYIoaYdjFwsYrvtN9Vm0lEEVNyJWWrrTqIb9iY/edit#heading=h.hge8t577bgob

It's for an older version and I never got around to finishing it but I think it should have the answer.

I got the latest version from the GitHub and upon clicking play, it takes me to a blank screen.

On 8/29/2023 at 1:36 PM, Omolover222 said:

I got the latest version from the GitHub and upon clicking play, it takes me to a blank screen.

Ah, that explains it. You can't download it and just open the html file. It uses external files you see, and pretty much all browsers disallow that for security reasons.

Because of this limitation, it needs to be run on a webserver. For simplicity, since most people don't know how to do that, I set that up here: http://fammel.unaux.com/ for the latest release

I thought I put that in the readme, but looking back at it, it's kinda implicit, I'll see about updating it.

On 9/2/2023 at 2:12 PM, ForgetAboutMe said:

Ah, that explains it. You can't download it and just open the html file. It uses external files you see, and pretty much all browsers disallow that for security reasons.

Because of this limitation, it needs to be run on a webserver. For simplicity, since most people don't know how to do that, I set that up here: http://fammel.unaux.com/ for the latest release

I thought I put that in the readme, but looking back at it, it's kinda implicit, I'll see about updating it.

Ah don't worry. I'm not very technical so that might be it. The webserver version is really good though!