Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I Modified "Melissa Explains It All"

2 hours ago, ForgetAboutMe said:

For example try a found key on a door when it's locked. Maybe with a hint like "If you only had the key to get in." or "Maybe that key you found earlier might fit?"

IMO it's too complicated and doesn't add any value to the game at the same time. Gameplay options should be obvious wherever they are a thing.

Alright, time for a new build.

REV: Jul 14, 2021

• Drinking game replaced with a holding challenge. For now it has the options of asking her to hold still for a minute and asking her to do 10 push-ups.
  • Fixed an original game bug with a message about you seeing her bladder bulge when picking her up only set to show when she would already be wetting herself.
  • She will now always agree to hold it when picking her up, provided you asked her to hold it earlier or convinced her to drink a diuretic.

I will also be improving the new event in the future. If you'd like to contribute with a new task for her, do let me know in this thread or drop a PM:

function stillminute() {
displayneed();
noteholding()
s("<b>You:</b> You need to stay still for a minute. No moving, no holding yourself and no crossing legs.");
s(girltalk + "Got it.");
s("You are watching as " + girlname + " is doing what you told her to.");
if (bladder >= blademer) {
s("<i>" + girlname + " <b>desperately</b> needs to urinate! She tries her best to stand still, yet she can't help but squirm all the time.</i>");
s("<i>This minute seemed like an eternity to her, as soon as you tell her the time is up she starts pee dancing furiously.</i>");
} else if (bladder >= bladneed) {
s("<i>" + girlname + " wants to pee very much! She doesn't move at all like you asked, but you can tell it's a struggle for her.</i>");
s("<i>As soon as you tell her the time is up she lets out a sigh and instantly crosses her legs.</i>");
} else {
s("<i>" + girlname + " doesn't look like she needs to pee yet. She is able to stand still for a minute without any visible problems.</i>");
}
c("drinkinggamewait" , "Continue..." );
}

Essentially, the task needs to be able to fit into the above logic and have 3 variations displayed to the player - if she doesn't need to pee yet, if she can still hold it, if she's outright desperate.

I am also looking to expand/polish on her desperation experiences, add some more, maybe divide them into several groups depending on the theme (traffic, college, date w/e).

function pstory() {
        s("<b>You:</b> Have you got any stories how you were <b>really</b> desperate to pee?");
        displayneed();
        s(girltalk + peestory[pstorycounter]);
        oldpstorycounter = pstorycounter;
        pstorycounter++;
        if (pstorycounter > maxpstory) pstorycounter = 0;
        c("pstory2", "Ask her what happened.");
        c(locstack[0], "Continue...");
    }

function pstory2() {
        s("<b>You:</b> So... did you make it?");
        s(girlname + " blushes and looks down at her feet.");
        s(girltalk + peestory2[oldpstorycounter]);
        displayneed();
        c(locstack[0], "Continue...");
    }

An example of the story currently in the game is:

"One time I got stuck in traffic on the way home from work.  I <u>really</u> had to pee, but there was nowhere to pull off.",

"I saw all these people pulling off to the side of the road and peeing on the ground behind their cars.  I was about to do the same thing, but then the traffic jam eased up and I made it home.  I might have leaked a little bit into my panties, though.  It was <i>so</i> hard to from the car to the bathroom without peeing myself.",

So basically it shouldn't be long, and should come in two parts. First part is her giving an overview of the situation, and the second is her going in detail about the experience. Feel free to contribute a female desperation story you like, from this forums, from your experience etc. - whatever you'd like to see in the game.

While this is something I could accomplish on my own given time, I thought since the work on the game is essentially a public domain right now, we might as well do a bit of co-development to keep the community engaged without the need for any coding skills and what not.

Melissa_14072021.rar

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This post became quite long, if you just want to know about the changes and stuff you can skip pretty much everything that is not bold or quoted So I recently came across the old Melissa Explains

As mentioned before I have still been working on this, so here is the next update There is still a lot of things that can be changed. Also I still need to properly figure out the scenes with th

Once again skip ahead if you don't want to know the details Aight, here it is, the next update. I'm afraid it isn't really much, despite me actually putting a lot of work into it.  Thing is I mai

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Pisikak said:

IMO it's too complicated and doesn't add any value to the game at the same time. Gameplay options should be obvious wherever they are a thing.

I mean it's not exactly obvious where you got those keys from to begin with. It is still a bit of a puzzle game yk, it's not obvious how to win the game either. I mean admittedly the way to win it is stupid but still. I don't think it is that big of a connection for a player like "I might need a key." "Hey didn't I find a key, maybe that will work." especially if there's a hint. Also iirc one of the expansions has a rather ingenious hidden option at the beginning. Which might be cool to emulate at some point.

Drinking game replaced with a holding challenge. For now it has the options of asking her to hold still for a minute and asking her to do 10 push-ups.

I kinda like the idea of more things to do, might see about implementing them in my version. But also maybe more dialogue options or something to keep things interesting, like mentioned before.

I am going to point out that the drinking game absolutely nukes the diuretic values, she drinks a beer every turn for however the game lasts, diuretic value is going to the roof that way.

I am also looking to expand/polish on her desperation experiences, add some more, maybe divide them into several groups depending on the theme (traffic, college, date w/e).

I have more than once thought about having more stories like that. I have nothing concrete but maybe she had like this long meeting at work and it just dragged and dragged before she ended up pissing in like the thrashcan after everyone left before her or idk.

7 minutes ago, ForgetAboutMe said:

drinking game absolutely nukes the diuretic values

I can see solving that in a standard manner. It already decays by 2 per tick if it's over 200, can do 3 if over 300 and so on and so forth. This requires additional testing tbh. Meanwhile the community has a chance to look at the new event and say whether it's any good.

23 minutes ago, Pisikak said:

I can see solving that in a standard manner. It already decays by 2 per tick if it's over 200, can do 3 if over 300 and so on and so forth. This requires additional testing tbh. Meanwhile the community has a chance to look at the new event and say whether it's any good.

Hmm, I think it might be worth considering putting an max limit on the diuretic values, yk like the max attraction is 130.

Seems to be a bug in the current release... at the bar, when she goes to pee

)))  
    . .  
     -   
   / | \ 
   \   / 
     |   
    / \  
    | |  
    | |  
    d b  
YOU: Well, if you have to pee that bad, I guess you can go.

Laura: Thanks! I do really have to go. You're so sweet.

And then there is no continue button.

Another idea to add -- when driving around, the only option is that she wets herself.   Perhaps adding an option of pulling over and allowing her to pee on the side of the road, or into the shot glass, or on the floor of the car, etc.

14 minutes ago, alleycat89 said:

Seems to be a bug in the current release... at the bar, when she goes to pee

And then there is no continue button.

Took me a bit to figure out which version you actually meant here and hunt it down, but yeah this one is for @Pisikak

For him: the function allowpee has been refactored to deal with taken her keys from her purse but when you got them the choice is still inside the if block.

16 minutes ago, alleycat89 said:

Another idea to add -- when driving around, the only option is that she wets herself.   Perhaps adding an option of pulling over and allowing her to pee on the side of the road, or into the shot glass, or on the floor of the car, etc.

Actually the option to pee in the shot glass, etc is already a thing. Just it's only offered if she tried to go the bathroom in the car, despite you asking to hold or when you ignore her request. Which I admit is a bit counter-intuitive and might need a bit of a change there tbh. Probably will get to that with the overhaul of items anyway.

REV: Jul 15, 2021

• Added an option to stop at the gas station for her if she asks for a toilet in the car.
  • There is a 80% chance (similar to other venues) for the gas station toilet to be out of order.
  • Agreeing to pull over at the gas station for her yeilds some attraction points, even more if she was able to actually pee there.
  • Allowing her to go pee in the bar should no longer break the game under certain conditions.
  • Diuretic value is now capped at 200. Diuretic value over 150 now leads to decay of 3 per tick.
  • Tummy capacity can no longer go over her maximum tummy capacity.
  • Water bottles can now be also purchased at the movies, the bar and the nightclub.
  • Soda now costs 7$ a cup and its diuretic value was slightly buffed to better balance against other options.
  • Cleaned up the remainder of the code associated with ditching the girl.

Melissa_15072021.rar

Guest Cthulu

...Aaand we have another downtime right here as it seems 😄

How is stuff going?

On the idea-side quite good, i think i nearly have new plot-concepts and minigame-ideas for all stations ready if needed.

But - as i see it at least - @Pisikak and @ForgetAboutMe are just working quietly in the dark and until they don't say a word more input is simply contraproductive as it ads more stuff and complexity at the wrong point in time, am i right?

In any case i created a "companion"-thread with some interesting community-input that we can use as soon as the "gates for new ideas" open again:

Thanks for your work!

11 hours ago, Cthulu said:

How is stuff going?

On the idea-side quite good, i think i nearly have new plot-concepts and minigame-ideas for all stations ready if needed.

But - as i see it at least - @Pisikak and @ForgetAboutMe are just working quietly in the dark and until they don't say a word more input is simply contraproductive as it ads more stuff and complexity at the wrong point in time, am i right?

In any case i created a "companion"-thread with some interesting community-input that we can use as soon as the "gates for new ideas" open again:

Thanks for your work!

Coding isnt easy. give them time lol

16 hours ago, Cthulu said:

...Aaand we have another downtime right here as it seems

Had no Internet after a case of extreme weather, hence I wasn't really around for a while.

As much as I'd love to keep this "game as a service" approach, I've neither time nor motivation for this tbh. So an update every day is not something you should expect, realistically.

16 hours ago, Cthulu said:

until they don't say a word more input is simply contraproductive

Well, basically I go with the flow and introduce stuff that:

1) would improve the game

2) would still be in line with the original theme/vision/fetishes

3) I would be able to code (is not too complex)

I am open to any suggestions and in fact I already incorporated many of them based on feedback (debug mode, buyable water, diuretic balance, more options for resolving car desperation and so on and so forth). So it's not like you suggesting something at the moment is counterproductive, quite the contrary!

I did actually post a while ago asking for possible suggestions as to (rather simple) tasks for the holding challenge (ex-bar drinking game), as well as desperation experience. So far I've seen no feedback on either of this.

I'll be having another look at the game soon, thinking about specific areas that could use improvement.

5 hours ago, Matias said:

Is there an online version of the latest update? 

Unlike @ForgetAboutMe, I'm not providing online versions at the moment. I'm thinking of posting it in the downloads later, once it's more polished/more significant updates are added. Do you guys think it warrants that yet?

5 hours ago, Cherylicious said:

You can say that again. It was made over a decade ago and several coders have worked on it since. To say it's a mess would be an understatement.

17 hours ago, Cthulu said:

How is stuff going?

Well, really don't expect updates all the time.

Also yk I keep the github page as updated to my current progress as possible, what I'm working on and doing is quite public as well as the current version of the game.

Furthermore a while back I asked for people to test the picture feature on the test site. I haven't received any feedback on that either, so I guess I can just assume it works?

Also actually I was working on the backpack yesterday and went through all scenes of the last release for a reason. And I noticed the picture game, at the club, is a bit bland definitely might want to look into expanding that, if anyone wants to work on ideas for that. Personally I always skip that one because it's boring. Of course again no promises I'll work on that soon, but that definitely seems like something that needs a bit of attention.

Guest Cthulu
7 hours ago, Cherylicious said:

I'm sorry that i phrased it in such a way that it was completely misleading. I didn't want to preasure or shame or something whatever you could negatively interpret in these sentences.

My point in short: I think we have a lot of ideas and some preparation (i.e. the additional thread) so that the coders can do their thing in their time and as soon as they are good we can seemless go into additional stuff.

Is this better and more clearly understandable? Sorry for the first way of putting it :/

1 hour ago, ForgetAboutMe said:

And I noticed the picture game, at the club, is a bit bland definitely might want to look into expanding that, if anyone wants to work on ideas for that.

Thanks for the specific request! Like enhance the game with more plot and options or replace it with something? What do you prefer? Because i could see for example that she undresses slowly and the more pressure she has the more she has to undress. (so basically that it gets a little bit like a "strategy-game", how much can she hold until you finally remove the next clothing? etc.)

For example: she's

80 % full = save to undress her to her undies

90% full = 50% chance that she just cannot make it to undress without wetting

etc.

Plus you could play with some poses, too. Like she's

80% full + standing pose = everything alright

90% full + squatting pose = 70% chance that she explodes then and there

etc.

Something like this?

Had no Internet after a case of extreme weather, hence I wasn't really around for a while.

Ah shat, you are good after all?

basically I go with the flow and introduce stuff that:

1) would improve the game

2) would still be in line with the original theme/vision/fetishes

3) I would be able to code (is not too complex)

I am open to any suggestions and in fact I already incorporated many of them based on feedback (debug mode, buyable water, diuretic balance, more options for resolving car desperation and so on and so forth). So it's not like you suggesting something at the moment is counterproductive, quite the contrary!

So stuff like my list of ideas (that i sent you via pm and/or that you can find in green here?)

Or what exactly do you mean?

You can say that again. It was made over a decade ago and several coders have worked on it since. To say it's a mess would be an understatement.

Ah yeah, the "firefox-phenomenon". Thank blob @ForgetAboutMe is working on that :D

1 hour ago, Cthulu said:

Ah shat, you are good after all?

My house wasn't washed in the river, so I'd say I'm all good, yeah! 🙂

1 hour ago, Cthulu said:

80% full

90% full

While it's nice that you went to gather some experiences on how 1-10 scale feels for our ladies, implementing such scale would require rewriting pretty much all the code related to how her desperation buildup works (as you know, right now there are normal > urge > need > emergency > leaking/wetting).

Frankly, it's no biggie, as I'm personally more fan of "green - yellow - orange - red" scale, something that is clearly defined by the urologists in their papers (you probably noticed how subjective that 1-10 scale is):

1) no need at all, or the first tiny-est sensation, or just went

2) light, infrequent urges - would casually go at home but would be able to hold it no problem if no toilet available

3) strong, constant urges - but can still hold it, no risk of leaking/wetting

4) strong, constant urges - risk of leaking/wetting

there's also a stage beyond, that is more about pain than desperation, hence not interesting to us.

Now, does it all have any practical use to us? Well yes actually, I did wanted to improve on the girl's quotes for various situations, desperation levels etc. I might be able to use the examples from your thread for inspiration or in some capacity otherwise.

1 hour ago, Cthulu said:

Or what exactly do you mean?

Like your suggestion of essentially turning a drinking game into a holding contest with various tasks:

1) It would surely be an improvement to the game

2) It would be in line with its theme, unlike the original drinking game because of its prominent male desperation

3) It would be something I'd be able to code in, even without changing the existing structure too much (I still use the old variables like pdrinkinggame where possible).

Or that suggestion about more options of peeing in the car. Nextstop function was literally the only location-specific choice, that (unlike the bar or the nightclub) didn't lead anywhere and had no gameplay associated with it, it was literally "you promise her you'll stop", with nothing happening beyond that. That was clearly a flawed area that was in need of improvement.

If there are some others, obviously inferior situations/areas with lacking gameplay, I'd be glad to hear about it. As you noticed, I gave a lot of attention to the pre-date preparation - choice of drinks, more options for the gifts, asking her to drink diuretic and/or to hold it as the resulting option of getting her shyness to very low from the very first minute if you so wish.

Edited by Pisikak (see edit history)
Guest Cthulu

My house wasn't washed in the river, so I'd say I'm all good, yeah! 🙂

3 hours ago, Cthulu said:

Good to hear! Glad you are ok 🙂

To your other points: I basically build a wireframe for the whole game and options there etc but i don't know yet how to implement it best in a post here. I will figure it out and send you a big long post with details here i think. Just give me a little bit time 😄

2 hours ago, ForgetAboutMe said:

I was more thinking like, more poses. Choose what poses she has. Maybe indeed undress her in more steps.

Yip, same page here. I think possible poses are:

1. Standing
  2. Sitting on a chair normally
  3. Sitting on a chair in a squat (hardest pose for her when full so highest chance of just exploding)
  4. Sitting on a table normally
  5. Sitting on a table in a squat (same as 3.)
  6. Squating on the ground
  7. Here it gets special but i don't know how realistic it is: Pull two chairs together so that she sits in the middle of both of them and for her it feels like a toilet seat in a way. (I don't know if it does, maybe the girls here can say something about this - if it works as intended than maybe also hardest pose)
  8. Standing but leaning forward

• Edit: Maybe one girl that is very flexible and fit can also do the splits on the stage which would be the way hardest pose i think 😄
  • Edit2: Maybe you can even make her pose over the other options? Like over the sink or even the toilet itself? Or over a bottle etc. Which should make it close to impossible for her to hold.
  • Edit3: Maybe you can even convince her on the start of the game to pack up some clothes like a bikini, a leggings etc. just for a surprise that you have planned for her later to unpack this via this mini game and then she can change her clothes. Should not change the plot, should maybe just add some more options i think (?)

And of course you can take pictures from all sides of her.

Additionally maybe this could inspire you as well: https://karltayloreducation.com/female-poses-for-portrait-photography/

and https://expertphotography.com/photographers-guide-female-portrait-poses/

And for the clothes i think there should be 3 layers be enough:

1. Fully clothed
  2. Underwear only
  3. Naked

Does this help?

Edited by Cthulu (see edit history)

I'll have to go over everything in more detail later but yeah i think some of that could help

2 hours ago, Cthulu said:
  • Edit: Maybe one girl that is very flexible and fit can also do the splits on the stage which would be the way hardest pose i think 😄

The first one is the most work, because you somehow need to mark a difference between girls which is well, doable but err probably not.

Edit2: Maybe you can even make her pose over the other options? Like over the sink or even the toilet itself? Or over a bottle etc. Which should make it close to impossible for her to hold.

hmm possible, maybe even give her like the shotglass and like photograph her mid pee without giving her full relief.

Edit3: Maybe you can even convince her on the start of the game to pack up some clothes like a bikini, a leggings etc. just for a surprise that you have planned for her later to unpack this via this mini game and then she can change her clothes. Should not change the plot, should maybe just add some more options i think (?)

Hmmm,technically yes. I'd have to think on how to implement that. Though I did change the way her purse work so it might be easy to add that to the purse just create functions to deal with it.

Anyway, that's that, now onto the game:

So I have been working a bit on the backpack and have implemented a bit that is testable/showable:

• If you click on an item it shows a clickable option if you can use it at the location you are currently add
  • At the moment it has only been implemented for drinks and peeing into something
  • Also only for her, it doesn't have player bladder support yet.
  • The only items that this currently works for is "the water bottle" and the "champagne glass"
  • Also added the champagne glass as an item, it has 180 ml capacity so a bit more than the shot glass, but for the pee scene works similar overall. The idea is to use this to allow you to drink champagne with her at a different location than her house as well as use it to pee in it, but that hasn't been implemented yet. I'm planning on like it being possible to use a glass that has been peed in before with a mention but I'm not quite sure yet how it works.
  • It's now always possible to offer her a glass to pee in. Obviously this might still fail. And I'm planning to make this a thing for all items that involve peeing, this means I'm going to need more dialogue. I'd appreciate if people had a look at how the dialogue roughly works for champagne glass and come up with how the dialogue for other items can be added to to make it work.
  • At the moment there are still some quotes that suggest she's desperate while she isn't actually. That admittedly was laziness on my part, I'll fix that eventually.
  • To allow people to test the backpack I added a button in the first menu called "All Items" Which will fill the backpack up with 2 of each existing item. Note again that only the water bottle and champagne glass are usable, but you can see the description of all other items, if you click on them

As always it's live on http://famtest.unaux.com/

Guest Cthulu

@ForgetAboutMe The current version works till You and Melissa arrive at the movie theater.

But till then it looks good, will test it deeper in the next days.

28 minutes ago, ForgetAboutMe said:

this means I'm going to need more dialogue. I'd appreciate if people had a look at how the dialogue roughly works for champagne glass and come up with how the dialogue for other items can be added to to make it work.

Team? Who is the best story-creator we have on this forum? Are there any really good storytellers here? 🙂

29 minutes ago, ForgetAboutMe said:

hmm possible, maybe even give her like the shotglass and like photograph her mid pee without giving her full relief.

THAT actually is a great idea! Cool!

30 minutes ago, ForgetAboutMe said:

The first one is the most work, because you somehow need to mark a difference between girls which is well, doable but err probably not.

Yeah true, i'm on your side. Maybe if any girl drank > 5 beer + you are playing this game the splits-options just could pop up as she explains that she trains splits in the last weeks and now feels comfortable doing it? Something like this?

32 minutes ago, ForgetAboutMe said:

yeah i think some of that could help

...So should i go on and explain every situation / pose in more detail?

53 minutes ago, Cthulu said:

The current version works till You and Melissa arrive at the movie theater.

Yeah that is as expected.

53 minutes ago, Cthulu said:

Yeah true, i'm on your side. Maybe if any girl drank > 5 beer + you are playing this game the splits-options just could pop up as she explains that she trains splits in the last weeks and now feels comfortable doing it? Something like this?

idk, I think it's probably better to just leave it for now

54 minutes ago, Cthulu said:

..So should i go on and explain every situation / pose in more detail?

Nah, that's fine. I'm not currently working on it anyway and besides I am capable of coming up with some thing myself. I'll come back on it later if needed.

Guest Cthulu

Aye.

Two easy implementable Things about the Game mechanics:

1. I like the whole Interaction in the predecestor of Melissagame in the Theater way more. There you can actually pair your decisions with what Happens in the movie and get the Points accordingly.

2. I think we can easily add value without much effort in adding Pictures of the places where the Story is at this Point (calling her? See a Picture of a Phone. Be in the Car? -> Pic of a Car etc.)

If you like this idea i can search for some free and fitting Pictures and preoptimize them for minimal size etc.

Edited by Cthulu (see edit history)
2 minutes ago, Cthulu said:

1. I like the whole Interaction in the predecestor of Melissagame in the Theater way more. There you can actually pair your decisions with what Happens in the movie and get the Points accordingly.

In my version that's still there and then one I personally use predominantly, main reason I added the attraction threshold as a second check is for the last scene, when the movie ends. That one failed always.

Might be worth considering just adding the attraction check at the last scene? or increase the thresholds?

4 minutes ago, Cthulu said:

2. I think we can easily add value without much effort in adding Pictures of the places where the Story is at this Point (calling her? See a Picture of a Phone. Be in the Car? -> Pic of a Car etc.)

I uhm am not entirely sure what you're envisioning tbh.

Guest Cthulu

Another Mini-game-Idea that i just found here: https://www.faproulette.co/4224/lose-control/

17 hours ago, ForgetAboutMe said:

I uhm am not entirely sure what you're envisioning tbh.

I mean either something like the attached picture or just have a picture of the scene in the background. So basically fill the "sceleton" of the game with "meat" of pictures to get a more immersive thingy.

fghj.thumb.PNG.3c315ced4524d9a7c3c4d348d22035fa.PNG

1 hour ago, Cthulu said:

I mean either something like the attached picture or just have a picture of the scene in the background. So basically fill the "sceleton" of the game with "meat" of pictures to get a more immersive thingy.

Hmm, I don't think this is really something that will improve the game, earlier just crowd the page with unnecessary pictures.

Guest Cthulu
4 hours ago, ForgetAboutMe said:

Hmm, I don't think this is really something that will improve the game, earlier just crowd the page with unnecessary pictures.

I think this could probably improve the gaming experience but it is up to the rest of the team to really decide this, as always. Just an idea :)

Guest Cthulu
On 7/19/2021 at 8:14 PM, Cthulu said:

How is stuff going?

Thanks for your work!

So as i cannot edit this old post i just add that we are already having this great threat as additional orientiation for the scale-idea: